l Horford comments on being mentioned in Dwight Howard trade rumors

pimp

Smith is a terrible decison maker, Howard is a good decision maker. Howard is extremely consistent, Smith isn't. So when I say they are similar players, I don't mean everything is the same, they have a lot of the same traits. Like D. Rose and Westbrook. Both Howard and Smith are weakside shot blockers. It's just that D12 defensive bbiq is so off the charts, he can lock down the paint as well. Howard can be a blackhole. Smith is not someone who is known as a player who can take you off the dribble.[\b] With his weak ball-handing, you want him to try that when he's moody. Now Blake Griffin, Chris Bosh, and Amare can take you off the dribble.

How often do you watch Hawks games ? Josh Smith is not scoring by backing his man down and damn sure isn't shooting to get his points. You are entitled to your opinion, but from my observation the only similarities are shotblocking and athleticism.

There's a difference in being offensively challenged and not elite. Howard showcased a lot of good moves in the OKC game, so he's definitely not challenged. He's not elite either, but he is a top producer on offense in the league.

• Premium Member

The deal floated...the only one in question is JJ/(horf or Smith) for Howard/Turkoglu. You have to take back Hedo's salary or there is no incentive for Orlando to do it.

That doesn't make sense Camp. We have to take back Turk's salary but then we saddle them with Joe's salary?

IF they were willing to take Lopez and picks for D-12 and Turk, they'd take Horf/Hinrich/Marvin/Pick for Hedo/Howard too.

That doesn't make sense Camp. We have to take back Turk's salary but then we saddle them with Joe's salary?

IF they were willing to take Lopez and picks for D-12 and Turk, they'd take Horf/Hinrich/Marvin/Pick for Hedo/Howard too.

I have not seen any site that states we have to take Turkoglu's contract or that was considered on the offer.

J Rich's contract is even worst and Turk is performing very well for them, fairly better than J Rich. Having JJ on the roster for me makes more sense to give one of their SG rather than their Point Forward and they want to win now. It has more sense to have a starting lineup of

Nelson

JJ

Turkoglu

Anderson

Horford.

Although I would like to switch Horford for Smith, anyway I doubt they do it and if we include Horford better if they include a good SG, including Turkoglu is a deal killer for me, Horford is just too much.

I used to really want to see Dwight on the Hawks, but I'd never trade Horford for him now. After watching the last couple of years, Dwight plays when he feels like it, backs down when hit hard. Horford at least always gives his A game. And we'd have another Joe Johnson type contract with a declining player sucking up all our available funds.