• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question for the Squawkers.

Diesel

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Woody had better schemes on defense and LD clearly has better defensive players.

Woody had better schemes on defense and LD clearly has better defensive players.

oh yeah! I forgot the way to stop Chris Paul is by putting Al Horford on him. Edited by Bruin
  • Like 2

oh yeah! I forgot the way to stop Chris Paul is by putting Al Horford on him.

Bibby and Jamal.

I can't even believe that this is up for debate. Larry Drew is better than Woody, and it's not even close. Woody only had one simple-minded scheme: Switch everything. It didn't matter if Horford ended up guarding Chris Paul every time or if Bibby ended up guarding Dirk Nowitzki every time. Woody would never waiver from that idiotic "switch everything" defense.

The personnel part was part of it, but do you get sweeped in the most lop-sided series ever because of 2 guards? Or because you only had 1 scheme that never worked and no adjustments were ever made?

Collins was badly out of shape with Woody. He was in decent shape last year. Good shape this year but won't see the court.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Let's double Dwight every time!

Yep. I just noticed the way that LD makes adjustments. He changed up his defense on Dwight and played him one on one. Last night against the heat, he broke it down to a zone and killed all of the Miami fast breaks. It we shatter Miami again on Thursday, LD deserves coach of the week or something.

Woodson had the handicap of Mike Bibby at PG.........that kept him from going away from his switching defense scheme.

My 1st thought was that Drew is the better defensive coach b/c he is quicker to make adjustments........then I thought about the roster Drew and Woody had to work with and its obvious Woody was handicapped into playing help defense so much due to Bibby (and then it only got worse when we coupled him with Crawford). Woody only had one guy who could really defend PGs (other then Mario West) and that was Flip Murray for 1 season.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Woodson had the handicap of Mike Bibby at PG.........that kept him from going away from his switching defense scheme.

My 1st thought was that Drew is the better defensive coach b/c he is quicker to make adjustments........then I thought about the roster Drew and Woody had to work with and its obvious Woody was handicapped into playing help defense so much due to Bibby (and then it only got worse when we coupled him with Crawford). Woody only had one guy who could really defend PGs (other then Mario West) and that was Flip Murray for 1 season.

Right now, we have the #1 defense in the league. We don't have any new awesome defenders. Tmac and Radman were definitely known as weak defenders. However, those guys are here and are part of the charge. Even last year with Crawford, we beat Orlando in 6 and we looked really strong doing it.. Plus we had beaten them all year long.

I think the fact that Drew is more willing to go to his bench plays bigger dividens than Woody could have gotten.

• Premium Member

It's not like Teague wasn't in Woody's roster... No excuses, LD is way better (and luckier) than PotatoHead.

It's not like Teague wasn't in Woody's roster... No excuses, LD is way better (and luckier) than PotatoHead.

Woody has taken his defensive schem to NY, but then again he has the Bibster on his team. Two things I've figured out about Woody: 1. he likes to switch and 2. he likes Bibby.

• Moderators

Woody has taken his defensive schem to NY, but then again he has the Bibster on his team. Two things I've figured out about Woody: 1. he likes to switch and 2. he likes Bibby.

He made his name coaching at Detroit where he had six guys who not only cared about playing defense but could actually play it well. When you don't have that I don't think switching is a good plan.

Teague was a 20 year old rookie then and Woody had Bibby rather then Hinrich.

We also played our 1st 3 games vs. some of the worst teams in the league (Nets twice without Lopez and the Wizards.)

No excuses.........just facts.

Edited by coachx