• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can you imagine how awesome we will be when we're completely healthy?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I thinking about HInrich and Green off the bench with Radman, Young Vlade, and Tmac!

I still think Horf for Dwight is the right deal, but we will prolly sit on our hands, so I guess I should look forward to working with what we got.

• Moderators

I thinking about HInrich and Green off the bench with Radman, Young Vlade, and Tmac!

I still think Horf for Dwight is the right deal, but we will prolly sit on our hands, so I guess I should look forward to working with what we got.

If we can start bringing it like this consistently that would be nice. But we haven't done with this group of guys so I'm cautious about it. If Dwight doesn't end up in LA i will be extremely surprised.

• Premium Member

If we can start bringing it like this consistently that would be nice. But we haven't done with this group of guys so I'm cautious about it. If Dwight doesn't end up in LA i will be extremely surprised.

I don't think LAL wants him now that Pau and Bynum are playing like world beaters. They don't need him. Bynum is 22 and 16. He might be better than Dwight right now. And they can always lowball Bynum.

I saw where Dwight still maintains Dallas, NJ, and LAL. I say we take him off of Orlando's hands for this season and try to turn him or deal him. Otis said that he's after a bigger market... well, let's give him some home cooking, see if we can win a championship and if he wants a bigger market, we send him to one of those losing teams and get what we want from them.

• Like 1

Sund should definitely try to do this...

As I've previously stated, I'd offer Horford and a filler for Dwight. Some people would say that's not enough for D12, but remember that it would be rental for the rest of the season, and Magic would get 2-time All-Star and reliable big man in return (signed long-term).

Lakers can offer Pau or Bynum, but Gasol is past his prime and Bynum is injury prone... Horf would be a safer bet.

P.S. The key (in my oppinion) is getting Dwight's consent and then do everything to make it work!

Edited by T21

• Premium Member

Sund should definitely try to do this...

As I've previously stated, I'd offer Horford and a filler for Dwight. Some people would say that's not enough for D12, but remember that it would be rental for the rest of the season, and Magic would get 2-time All-Star and reliable big man in return (signed long-term).

Lakers can offer Pau or Bynum, but Gasol is past his prime and Bynum is injury prone... Horf would be a safer bet.

P.S. The key (in my oppinion) is getting Dwight's consent and then do everything to make it work!

Orlando don't need Dwight's consent to trade him.

I don't think he'd sit out on his home town team... especially if we tell him that we will trade him where he wants to go (for the right compensation) at the end of the season.

Playing good defense doesn't necessarily mean stopping a guy from just scoring, it's making him work for his shots. Sometimes no matter how good individual defense is guys will hit shots. If the effort is there I have no problem.

HawksFan87, I never see any thing positive from him at all but seriously

D. Rose was the youngest MVP in history for a reason and there has been alot of better guards that didnt stop Rose at all either. Atleast Teague is trying and with Kirk back, he can learn from the defense side and he can have fresh legs when Kirk subs for him.

I think when Kirk comes back, I think that Hawks will try to get a True Center here if that means trading Al, then so by it

• Premium Member

While Hinrich is a solid defender, on 3/22/2011 I sat front row at the Hawks vs Bulls game and saw D Rose give Hinrich the ABSOLUTE business first hand to the tune of 30 points. I know it was one game, but I mention this to temper the notion that Hinrich's defense on Rose would be any better than Teague's. The guy is MVP for a reason folks.

I think Hinrich's return will help, but it won't make this team "awesome". Hinrich's return won't address the rebounding woes, the lack of a post prescence or make the undersized frontline any bigger. I really think Teague should remain the starter even when Hinrich returns. The guy is basically a first year player and has done a terrific job in a difficult situation. I say difficult because he has to play point guard on a jump shooting team with guys who play some really selfish basketball at times. I actually credit Teague with the increased efforts to drive the ball to the basket. I think the way he does this has set an example for some of the other guys to do the same.

• Like 2

People forget how average this team was after Kirks arrival. Yes our defense improved but there was zero cohesion between him and the rest of the team. With the lockout and his injury keeping him from playing I don't see how he can gel with us even once he comes back. We will have another talented player coming off the bench but I doubt he individually will be a difference maker for us with this roster like most imply

• Like 1