• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Joe Johnson Autistic?

Bawse

If it's not meant to be funny, then you just have no f***ing clue what autism (or Asperger's) is. If you think that having a quiet demeanor and "having no personality" are symptoms of autism, then you're just clueless. So if this is meant to be a serious thread, then it's an epic fail. And if it was meant to be funny, then it's an offensive epic fail. Either way, this thread adds nothing positive to this forum.

You mad dude? Clearly you are the one that doesn't know the symptoms of high-functioning autism. There are plenty of people in the world who have jobs, contribute to society, and are actually somewhat social. Aspergers syndrome or high-functioning autism is very common in adults, to quote the symptoms:

Individuals with AS experience difficulties in basic elements of social interaction, which may include a failure to develop friendships or to seek shared enjoyments or achievements with others (for example, showing others objects of interest), a lack of social or emotional reciprocity, and impaired nonverbal behaviors in areas such as eye contact, facial expression, posture, and gesture

Please stop, This is not a troll thread this is a legitimate question. No need for cursing either, we all know what happened the last time you tried to derail my thread.

Edited by Bawse

• Premium Member

You mad dude? Clearly you are the one that doesn't know the symptoms of high-functioning autism. There are plenty of people in the world who have jobs, contribute to society, and are actually somewhat social. Aspergers syndrome or high-functioning autism is very common in adults, to quote the symptoms:

Please stop, This is not a troll thread this is a legitimate question. No need for cursing either, we all know what happened the last time you tried to derail my thread.

I have a more-than-casual knowledge of what autism and Asperger's are and what high-functioning people autistic spectrum people are like. It doesn't manifest itself as simply being quiet and even-tempered. The passage you quoted says zero that supports your "theory" of JJ being autistic. So if you're serious, then yeah - you're talking out of your *ss.

I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked. But it's not because of me. The only reason the last thread got locked was because you responded to a series of "A Christmas Carol"-inspired jokes with personal attacks. The reason this thread will get locked is that discussing whether JJ is autistic is not a serious discussion.

And now, I'm done with you.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

I have a more-than-casual knowledge of what autism and Asperger's are and what high-functioning people autistic spectrum people are like. It doesn't manifest itself as simply being quiet and even-tempered. The passage you quoted says zero that supports your "theory" of JJ being autistic. So if you're serious, then yeah - you're talking out of your *ss.

I'm pretty sure this thread will get locked. But it's not because of me. The only reason the last thread got locked was because you responded to a series of "A Christmas Carol"-inspired jokes with personal attacks. The reason this thread will get locked is that discussing whether JJ is autistic is not a serious discussion.

And now, I'm done with you.

And you continue to think i'm talking out of my *ss when I post symptoms of high-functioning autism which clearly matches Joe Johnson. The last thread got locked because YOU baited me into an argument and insults, which this thread is slowly turning into. You come out of the woodwork and have done a good-job derailing this one again, good job!

100 % agree sothron..

Do you contribute anything to this board except "100% agree with you ______." Be original please and stop being a Robin to Batman.

Not funny dude. Autism is nothing to joke around about.

Again.... not joking. Why is this such a sensitive topic? Good lord.

MODS/Admins, just lock the damn thread. Obviously making an assumption that Joe Johnson might have a highly-functioning version of autism or aspergers is too much for people to discuss. Goodness. You people need a chill pill.

Edited by Bawse

The only thing that is funny is seeing how people are immature. My "lmao" was about how you created multiple threads dissing players after a loss. Next time we lose a game, take a few breaths and relax. You don't need to create multiple thread dissing players and questioning them about disorders that you know they don't have.

Edited by AHawks89

You don't need to create multiple thread dissing players and questioning them about disorders that you know they don't have.

That's the thing, he might just have high-functioning autism or aspergers syndrome. Not talking out of my *ss or BSing.

People are too sensitive when it comes to talking about Money-Bags Joe.

Edited by Bawse

• Moderators

http://aheadd.org/blog/diagnosing-autism-in-adults/

Diagnosing autism, or any mental disorder for that matter, is not science. It is based on careful observation and understanding of signs and symptoms over a long period of time. According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR), psychiatric disorders that must be ruled out before a diagnosis of autism is made include:
  • Schizophrenia
  • Selective mutism
  • Expressive language disorder
  • Mixed receptive-expressive language disorder
  • Stereotypic movement disorder
  • Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder

While ASDs are more often misdiagnosed as other mental disorders, physical disorders should also be examined and ruled out. These include:

• Auditor processing disorder or hearing loss (social response may be impaired due to hearing difficulty)
  • Landau-Kleffner Syndrome

Autism is often difficult to diagnosis in adults. Other disorders must be ruled out and information must be gathered from around the time when the individual was 3 years old. Measures such as questionnaires or structured diagnostic interviews may provide some additional information. Only a trained professional, through careful review of the medical and social history and thoughtful interpretation of information gained from standardized measures, can make an ASD diagnosis.

If you are a trained professional, and are genuinely concerned about an individual's potential condition, based on your own personal perceptions, in the interest of getting that person professional assistance, feel free to discuss this matter with other trained professionals. I trust the APA has ample forums for such discussion.

If you are genuinely concerned about an individual's potential condition, based on your personal perceptions, but you are not a trained professional, please consult a trained professional on how best to approach the matter, if at all... and leave the rest of us yahoos out of it. Locally, you can call the Emory Autism Center for assistance on how to deal with your concern. http://www.psychiatry.emory.edu/PROGRAMS/autism/Medical.html

If you are not a trained professional, and you are concerned about an individual's potential condition only to the extent that it may suit to justify your personal or shared feelings about that individual's attitude or performance, well, kindly leave us fellow yahoos out of that discussion, too.

~lw3

• Like 2

We will not tolerate making light of any type of handicap or mental disease and comparing Autism to JJ's quiet demeanor is just sad. And yes this thread is now locked and Bawse you have been warned for the 2nd time in 2 days and this type of behavior will not continue.

• Like 2