• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monday Musings: In search of the perfect fit for big man Chris Kaman

HawkItus

• Premium Member

No, it's called size, defense and rebounding. You know, those three little things that helped Dallas win a title and without them they won't even sniff another. Same goes for our beloved Hawks.

Al outrebounded him and blocked more shots! It wasn't even close offensively

• Premium Member

No, it's called size, defense and rebounding. You know, those three little things that helped Dallas win a title and without them they won't even sniff another. Same goes for our beloved Hawks.

In Fact Josh Smith average almost as many rebounds and certainly protected the paint much better. Josh averaged 2 bbg whereas Chandler averaged .9 bbg

the length in the paint affects shots I'm sure. Are you referring to the playoffs or regular season ?

Playoffs

• Premium Member

Al outrebounded him and blocked more shots! It wasn't even close offensively

You forgot size. But that's okay because Dallas didn't when they won the title. Horford also put up better numbers than Jason Collins, but who defended Dwight better and why? Yeah.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You forgot size. But that's okay because Dallas didn't when they won the title. Horford also put up better numbers than Jason Collins, but who defended Dwight better and why? Yeah.

Who does Chandler play for now? The Knicks? What's their record? That's what I thought!

• Premium Member

We need to keep Marvin, unless we would get a SF. We have a couple of PG's so Kirk isn't as valuable as Marvin. Kirk, 2nd rounder, and maybe Zaza?

Actually, believe it or not, I think that Marvin for Kaman is fair.

N.O. doesn't really need Kirk. They have Kaman if they just want to watch somebody leave and get capspace. However, Marvin has shown that he can play the game and would be a good young talent that can sure up their Sf position. We'd just have to suffer with a TMac Radman rotation. Plus, Kirk is still needed as a BU to Teague. Kirk can run an offense better than Pargo.

• Premium Member

N.O. doesn't really need Kirk. They have Kaman if they just want to watch somebody leave and get capspace. However, Marvin has shown that he can play the game and would be a good young talent that can sure up their Sf position. We'd just have to suffer with a TMac Radman rotation. Plus, Kirk is still needed as a BU to Teague. Kirk can run an offense better than Pargo.

What a suprise!brick%20wall.gif

I would like for us to trade Marvin for Kaman but that deal you can't do straight up. And like others are saying I dont think that Kaman is worth much more than Marvin and a 2nd rounder. I wouldnt even give up Hinirich in the trade for Kaman mainly because Kirk can defend the 2 at a high level as well as point. With that said I think Kaman is vauluable but their asking price may be too much for him and I rather keep kirk and marvin before I give both of them up for Kaman!...Kaman is starting to look like he just isnt worth the trouble honestly...would have been a great addition...hmmmm maybe he is, its a toss up

You see what Dallas is doing this season without him right? Yeah. That's right.

Chandler was more valuable to that team that many believe.

Being value to Dallas is one thing. Saying he's better than what he is, is another. We don't have a player like Dirk. What we need A LOT more than Chandler or Kaman types is a superstar.

• Premium Member

Being value to Dallas is one thing. Saying he's better than what he is, is another. We don't have a player like Dirk. What we need A LOT more than Chandler or Kaman types is a superstar.

While getting a superstar would be nice, the Hawks could make themselves a contender if they fielded a team with 3 or 4 legitimate all-stars and a LEGITIMATE center the same way the Celtics did. Right now, Joe Johnson is a legitimate all-star. People can say what they want, but Al Horford is a legitimate all-star with a winning pedigree. Jeff Teague has a chance to reach that level. Josh Smith also has a chance to get there. Would it be nice to get a superstar at center? Defenitely. But, I think Boston showed it can be done by surrounding a legitimately sized center with 3 or 4 all-star caliber players. The center doesn't have to be an all-star. Just a guy with size who can clog the lane, hold his own and rebound a little bit. As much we like Smoove and Horford, they're power forwards, one of whom is undersized in fact. The Hawks are wasting time, players and opportunity by continuing to play undersized. As much critisism as Horford gets for stating the obvious, it's been realibly reported that other players have also said that the Hawks need a legitimate center. The Hawks woeful rebounding says as much. If they just got a decent center that they don't have to sell the farm for, it could make s huge difference.

While getting a superstar would be nice, the Hawks could make themselves a contender if they fielded a team with 3 or 4 legitimate all-stars and a LEGITIMATE center the same way the Celtics did. Right now, Joe Johnson is a legitimate all-star. People can say what they want, but Al Horford is a legitimate all-star with a winning pedigree. Jeff Teague has a chance to reach that level. Josh Smith also has a chance to get there. Would it be nice to get a superstar at center? Defenitely. But, I think Boston showed it can be done by surrounding a legitimately sized center with 3 or 4 all-star caliber players. The center doesn't have to be an all-star. Just a guy with size who can clog the lane, hold his own and rebound a little bit. As much we like Smoove and Horford, they're power forwards, one of whom is undersized in fact. The Hawks are wasting time, players and opportunity by continuing to play undersized. As much critisism as Horford gets for stating the obvious, it's been realibly reported that other players have also said that the Hawks need a legitimate center. The Hawks woeful rebounding says as much. If they just got a decent center that they don't have to sell the farm for, it could make s huge difference.

We already have him in Zaza. Zaza is better than Kaman at this point.

• Premium Member

We already have him in Zaza. Zaza is better than Kaman at this point.

You can't be serious. I like Zaza, but he couldn't jump over a crack on the sidewalk and for someone 6'10, he plays more like he's 6'4. I'm not saying Kaman is the guy to get, but even at this point, he's way more skilled in the post and he's bigger. Zaza alone ain't the answer and the players have even voiced this. They need more.

You can't be serious. I like Zaza, but he couldn't jump over a crack on the sidewalk and for someone 6'10, he plays more like he's 6'4. I'm not saying Kaman is the guy to get, but even at this point, he's way more skilled in the post and he's bigger. Zaza alone ain't the answer and the players have even voiced this. They need more.

He may be more skilled in the post but no one has seen much of it in years. He's been primarily a jumpshooting bigman for a few years now.

• Premium Member

He may be more skilled in the post but no one has seen much of it in years. He's been primarily a jumpshooting bigman for a few years now.

Oh he's definitely battled some injuries and may not be what he once was, but he's still a far better player than Zaza.

1. Marvin alone cannot get Kaman, will prolly have to include Z, with Kaman's injury history the past 2 years I'm concerned that if he is injured we have no viable backup with Al already out.

2. Both drafted in 2003 - Kaman listed at 7'-0", Z listed at 6'-11", played 510 games and 600 games respectivly since being drafted.

3. Kaman in 17 games is averaging 9.2 ppg and 6.6 rpg...Zaza in 21 games is averaging (since starting) 8.0 ppg and 7.0 rpg