• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks' Josh Smith says politics behind All-Star snub

Wurider05

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-josh-smith-says-1344733.html

“All I can do is play my game,” he said. “The whole world knows I deserve to be in an All-Star. I can’t be salty about not making it. I’ve just got to keep doing the things I’ve been doing on the court, and that’s playing at a high level.”

he still doesn't get it.

I wonder if woody did some negative lobbying against Josh...we all know their relationship wasn't the best of coach-player relationships. I kinda agree with him though but he is not making things any better by speaking out in public about it. He needs to play his game and beat every other team in the East come playoff time. He has and had everyone on his side about him getting snubbed and he needs to just be quiet and let them do the coach bashing for him.

I wish LD, Horford, or Joe would had stepped up and said something to the media. Of course none of them mentioned anything. I'm glad that McGrady said something. Even Jamal crawford mentioned Josh Smith.

I'm glad Josh did say something though. Something needed to said or voiced out, regardless who it's from. Everyone knows he should had been an All Star except a few Atlanta fans and coaches.

"That's why coaches don't like Josh" "He voiced out his opinion" - I can see some ATL fans saying something along those lines. Even the media gave props to Josh for speaking out and then backing it up with a HUGE game.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 4

He is right. He has all around game to not put him in the all star because on occasion shoots jumpshots is stupid. Paul Pierce was surprised he made it. Why was he surprised? CAUSE HE KNOW HE SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE IT. Even folks who can give a rats *ss about the hawks said he should of made.

Hope he plays made the rest of February cause with our brutal schedule we need him to.

Edited by PureGreatness

I don't see anything wrong with what Josh said, he 100% should've been an All-Star this year and everyone knows it. There's nothing immature about voicing your opinion in the manner that he did. If people here think that's immature, they should probably take a look at many of their own posts here.

• Like 4

I wonder if woody did some negative lobbying against Josh...we all know their relationship wasn't the best of coach-player relationships. I kinda agree with him though but he is not making things any better by speaking out in public about it. He needs to play his game and beat every other team in the East come playoff time. He has and had everyone on his side about him getting snubbed and he needs to just be quiet and let them do the coach bashing for him.

Josh was always one of Woody's favorites.

What he did absolutely was unprofessional and immature. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be an all-star, because he most certainly did. But what was he accomplishing by complaining to the media?

If you didn't get a bonus or a promotion at work, how would you look if you reacted by coming out and PUBLICLY complaining about your employer and blaming it on "politics"? You would most certainly look unprofessional and even borderline selfish.

Other people are already doing the talking about how he got snubbed - he should of left it that way.

What he did absolutely was unprofessional and immature. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be an all-star, because he most certainly did. But what was he accomplishing by complaining to the media?

If you didn't get a bonus or a promotion at work, how would you look if you reacted by coming out and PUBLICLY complaining about your employer and blaming it on "politics"? You would most certainly look unprofessional and even borderline selfish.

Other people are already doing the talking about how he got snubbed - he should of left it that way.

You make it sound as if Josh went out of his way to contact the media and get them to run this story, that would be immature, sure. Fact is he got interviewed and was asked how he felt about being snubbed, he responded accordingly. He replied in a grown-up manner, he didn't go on some tangent b*tching people out and whatnot.

I honestly don't see how anyone can possibly find this immature.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 3

The man was asked a question and answered it honestly....you people are a trip, he was upset and spoke his mind but even in doing so wasn't disrespectful at all really. He should have been an all star period, we complain about josh bc he's our guy and as fans that's what we do but truthfully josh is just outplaying the other guys that made it ahead of him and this just shouldn't have happened

• Premium Member

Count me among those not understanding the "Josh is immature or unprofessional" for his answer. He has been a legit snub for SEVERAL seasons now and every season he says the same "I'm going to use it to motivate me" and he does. And what happens the next season? He gets snubbed again and this time he finally told the truth. What I find very interesting is the prevailing opinion BY FAR among NBA fans and media is that Josh Smith was hands down the biggest snub. This might actually get him in the game if Melo is out and Stern picks him.

• Like 2

When you are a professional, and let's say you get overlooked for a promotion..you don't go about making excuses or placing blame outside of yourself for why you didn't get the promotion. What he did was, in fact, a sign of immaturity. Which reinforces the perception of him on and off the court. I like Josh Smith. However, I'm really starting to wonder if coming into league after high school affected his personal development.