• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Lakers Game Thread

benhillboy

Kobe and Gasol score 30 points on 40 shots and the Lakers still win comfortably. Our centers scored 1 point. Fun game.

There are nights where are centers can score one point, and we can win, this just isn't one of those night. 7-27 threes can't cut it. All it takes is JJ being 4/8 from three instead of 1/8 and we win by 1 (conceivably).

Didn't see the game, glad I was asleep. 78 points won't get anything done, and 1 point from the centers is pathetic. I guess it was foolish to expect some resistance down low to prevent Bynum and Gasol from totally dominating. Josh was the only player, again, ONLY player who finished on the plus side with a vintage stat line, so obviously the Lakers cruised from start to finish with a pedestrian night from Kobe, obviously thanks to Joe's defense. If I'm not mistaken, Kobe's average against us since Joe has been here is one of if not his lowest out of the NBA's 29 opposing teams, but somebody might want to inform Joe that you can't take 8 threes to no free throws. 78 points? We play the lowest scoring team in the league and manage to score less. Why am I not surprised?

Edited by benhillboy

Ben: Not only were the three point shots not falling, we missed a ton

of layups. Inside, at point blank range, we miss. No, they weren't all blocked.

That don't count. Once, we missed two in a row. The shot was rebounded

and another player tried a second time - - and missed the wide open layup.

Lakers don't hit the three balll - - But, they did against Atlanta. Their bigs

overpowered us on offense inside. Our new center came in and slowed this.

The effort was there, unlike the Heat fiasco (sp?) but we couldn't get the

ball to go in the basket. Hawks beat themselves. It wasn't the Laker's fault.

• Moderators

Ben: Not only were the three point shots not falling, we missed a ton

of layups. Inside, at point blank range, we miss. No, they weren't all blocked.

That don't count. Once, we missed two in a row. The shot was rebounded

and another player tried a second time - - and missed the wide open layup.

Lakers don't hit the three balll - - But, they did against Atlanta. Their bigs

overpowered us on offense inside. Our new center came in and slowed this.

The effort was there, unlike the Heat fiasco (sp?) but we couldn't get the

ball to go in the basket. Hawks beat themselves. It wasn't the Laker's fault.

Well without Horford we can't expect to make layups. wink.png

once again Josh has a nice first half and then shoots us out of the game in the 2nd half taking all those stupid long jumpers.

I don't think I have ever seen another NBA player throw up so many bricks, airballs and badly missed shots but then continue to take those same shots game after game. He has to be the dumbest player in the NBA. And why does he continue to dribble the ball up the court on the break??? Nique must have said 5 times last night "that's when you have to give the ball to your guards and fill the lane". Shame on Drew for letting Josh play like this every night. It's no different than with Woodson.

Josh plays like a stupid kid on a playground. Its beyond ridiculous at this point.

Edited by JackB1

They actually made a little comeback in the 2nd quarter and had the lead for awhile. But then they started missing layup after layup and started playing sloppy again. Josh played great when he actually went to the post, but he was hoisting jumpers all night. The basketball IQ for this team is frightening low.

once again Josh has a nice first half and then shoots us out of the game in the 2nd half taking all those stupid long jumpers.

I don't think I have ever seen another NBA player throw up so many bricks, airballs and badly missed shots but then continue to take those same shots game after game. He has to be the dumbest player in the NBA. And why does he continue to dribble the ball up the court on the break??? Nique must have said 5 times last night "that's when you have to give the ball to your guards and fill the lane". Shame on Drew for letting Josh play like this every night. It's no different than with Woodson.

Josh plays like a stupid kid on a playground. Its beyond ridiculous at this point.

c/s. This team has no discipline or leadership whatsoever, from the players to the owners.

Edited by AJtheGreat

• Moderators

Shame on Drew for letting Josh play like this every night.

By far the worst thing Drew has done as coach is let Josh resume shooting long jumpers after he had cut way back (finally) in Woodson's last season. It was my biggest worry with the Drew hire that Drew had been someone who had been unable to get the job done while supporting Woodson and how could he be expected to drive that kind of change with guys who had been showing bad habits while he was there?