• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clayton (ESPN): Mario Super Enough for Falcons?

• Moderators

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=40069&p=24&n=710%20ESPN%20Interviews

My audio is shot right now, but I understand John Clayton (ESPN) believes the fight for DE Mario Williams "will come down to the Seahawks and Falcons". It's the first tie into the Falcons that I've "heard" from any media guy, as the local media has been consistently insistent that fans simply fugettaboutit.

~lw3

Reports are the Falcons have no cap room.

Glad I didn't renew my Falcons season tickets after 4 years (went with UGA tix instead). The Falcons defense needs

help and I'm not sure the 2nd and 3rd round picks are enough to plug them unless they get extrememly lucky.

Here is my prediction:

They draft a 3-4 style NT and either a offensive lineman or 3-4 style OLB who is a pass rusher with their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Mike Nolan, the new defensive coordinator, is knows as a 3-4 guru. I don't see Atlanta playing exclusively in the 3-4 but I see them mixing 3-4 and 4-3 allignments to confuse QBs muck like the Patriots have done over the years with smoke and mirrors.........but we currently do not have that 3-4 NT on the roster to make it work.

• Like 1

God dang it, Arthur blank needs to do whatever he has to to go get this man.....this will make our defense 20 times better.

too much money. This guy couldn't elevate the Texans. They actually made the playoffs the year he got hurt.

He's not a 3-4 player. He's the best DE in the league and your correlation between his injury and the Texans success is fallacious. There's a reason players are scrambling for this guy no matter the cost. It's because he's an impact player at an impact position.

He's not a 3-4 player. He's the best DE in the league and your correlation between his injury and the Texans success is fallacious. There's a reason players are scrambling for this guy no matter the cost. It's because he's an impact player at an impact position.

He's not getting that much attention. Not like Peppers did.

And he just got 100 mill (50 guaranteed)....but he's not an impact player right? lol

• Moderators

And he just got 100 mill (50 guaranteed)....but he's not an impact player right? lol

He is an impact player. I agree, though, that he isn't worth that kind of FA investment for the Falcons. You aren't going to ever get great bank for your buck with that deal. You will either get what you expect and Mario will be a superstar or you'll get something significantly less than you paid for like the many free agents who have underachieved in Atlanta and elsewhere.