• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks - Jazz

lethalweapon3

Lebron isn't on your list. Deron Williams isn't on your list. Kevin Love? Dwight Howard? Blake Griffin even? There's 5 more you might want to consider who are more impactful.It all happened with Michael Jordan. Pre-Jordan you built a team by getting a Center first, then a PG, then a Power Forward...then a shooting guard, then a wing. That was the order of importance. In the 80's/90's a few fellows by the names of Jordan, Pippen, Drexler, Wilkins came into the league and led their teams to the playoffs every year, winning a lot. Lost in that mix was Ewing, Malone/Stockton. Traditional higher need, great players that didn't win a championship and the league decided scoring guards were more important. Jordan/Pippen was an anomaly. Defense and Rebounding still wins championships. Give me Dwight, Griffin in 2 years and/or Kevin Love any day. If you own the lane and handle the ball, you win basketball games. That's basketball 101.

What game winners has Kevin love hit? Find me some highlights bc um lost on that one....and the Blake griffin and dwight Howard comments lmao I'm sure u were joking about those right

What game winners has Kevin love hit? Find me some highlights bc um lost on that one....and the Blake griffin and dwight Howard comments lmao I'm sure u were joking about those right

Love hit a game winning 3 earlier this year, and just last week hit a 3 to tie against the thunder.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLS0t6wzcsVideo for you Edited by 01d0rd3r

I saw the game tying 3 against the thunder but I missed the one u just put video up for....but if we're talking about 2 shots how are u going to put him in the same category as Joe as far as being clutch....Joe has done more than that in the past week!

I saw the game tying 3 against the thunder but I missed the one u just put video up for....but if we're talking about 2 shots how are u going to put him in the same category as Joe as far as being clutch....Joe has done more than that in the past week!

I'm not, you just asked for a video of Love hitting a game winner and I provided. I agree that Joe has been the most clutch player in the NBA over the past two weeks.

I'm not, you just asked for a video of Love hitting a game winner and I provided. I agree that Joe has been the most clutch player in the NBA over the past two weeks.

I was directing that at campster.....i know you didn't say that, sorry for the confusion.

I was directing that at campster.....i know you didn't say that, sorry for the confusion.

You should probably go back and read the whole post before asking me questions that don't pertain. I'll say this again and keep it simple. My comments are and have always been about JJ the complete player and his value compared to his salary. They are not about 1 singular part of JJ's game. There are a litany of closers in this league. They are for the most part not worth a max salary either if you want to build a championship team. If you are happy paying a max contract and 23 million in 3 years for 19 ppg, 3.9 assists and 4 rebounds I say thank God you are not the GM. Edited by thecampster

You should probably go back and read the whole post before asking me questions that don't pertain. I'll say this again and keep it simple. My comments are and have always been about JJ the complete player and his value compared to his salary. They are not about 1 singular part of JJ's game. There are a litany of closers in this league. They are for the most part not worth a max salary either if you want to build a championship team. If you are happy paying a max contract and 23 million in 3 years for 19 ppg, 3.9 assists and 4 rebounds I say thank God you are not the GM.

You were responding to someone talking about jj being a top 10 closer in the league...they weren't talking about overall talent. I don't think you will find anyone on this site that will legitimately say jj is worth his contract but he's a damn good player that takes to much heat on here because of a decision that the organization decided to do. He signed the contract, he didn't write it.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You should probably go back and read the whole post before asking me questions that don't pertain. I'll say this again and keep it simple. My comments are and have always been about JJ the complete player and his value compared to his salary. They are not about 1 singular part of JJ's game. There are a litany of closers in this league. They are for the most part not worth a max salary either if you want to build a championship team. If you are happy paying a max contract and 23 million in 3 years for 19 ppg, 3.9 assists and 4 rebounds I say thank God you are not the GM.

More blather from this guy. No one here had anything to do with the contract Joe got. Joe would have gotten a max deal from someone that summer and we wouldn't have had the cap space if we did let him leave to sign anyone of any real value to replace him. Should the A$G just matched a normal max deal with perhaps a little more tacked on? Sure. But they didn't. That isn't Joe's fault. He is the best player on this team, a six time All Star and an All NBA player. He deserves our respect and our support.

More blather from this guy. No one here had anything to do with the contract Joe got. Joe would have gotten a max deal from someone that summer and we wouldn't have had the cap space if we did let him leave to sign anyone of any real value to replace him. Should the A$G just matched a normal max deal with perhaps a little more tacked on? Sure. But they didn't. That isn't Joe's fault. He is the best player on this team, a six time All Star and an All NBA player. He deserves our respect and our support.

Then a better option would have been sign and trade to give him that max contract.

Then a better option would have been sign and trade to give him that max contract.

Chicago had money to sign him to a max deal and I think NJ, cant remember who else - To do a sign and trade for that much money we would also be taking back significant salary in possibly bad contracts. So we might have been stuck with a lesser player making a ton of money. No thank you - I'll keep Joe.

Chicago had money to sign him to a max deal and I think NJ, cant remember who else - To do a sign and trade for that much money we would also be taking back significant salary in possibly bad contracts. So we might have been stuck with a lesser player making a ton of money. No thank you - I'll keep Joe.

I agree. No way we would have got equal talent back in a sign and trade. Some people just can't get over that contract.

• Premium Member

Such as who? Do you think Rick Sund didn't do his due diligence on this? We would never have gotten back fair value. If anything all we would have gotten was a huge TPE that the A$G would not have used just as they did before with any TPE we had and with the expiring contracts of both Crawford and Hinrich. This ownership would have wasted that cap space or let it rot. If nothing else we kept a six time All Star instead of nothing in return. I know which one I'd rather have.

*sigh*......you do realize that by offering a Bird rights max contract that the team really really wanted him to stay, right? If it was a matter that he wanted to leave then sure you pursue a sign and trade but again, if he was fine settling for a free agent max which other teams had more than ample space to offer then there would have been zero reason for them to bother with a sign and trade yet alone offer assets.

*sigh*......you do realize that by offering a Bird rights max contract that the team really really wanted him to stay, right? If it was a matter that he wanted to leave then sure you pursue a sign and trade but again, if he was fine settling for a free agent max which other teams had more than ample space to offer then there would have been zero reason for them to bother with a sign and trade yet alone offer assets.

Oh, I realize that. I also think it was stupid to do so. Again...guys...JJ is a good player, an excellent shooter. I just think everyone is getting really excited about a 6-8 game stretch when the body of work for the season isn't max player quality, nor has it been for 3 years now.

• Premium Member

Oh, I realize that. I also think it was stupid to do so. Again...guys...JJ is a good player, an excellent shooter. I just think everyone is getting really excited about a 6-8 game stretch when the body of work for the season isn't max player quality, nor has it been for 3 years now.

When he's healthy Joe has been a 20/5/5 player and is easily the third best SG in the NBA. He is a max player for us. He would have been a max player for any number of teams that summer including Chicago, New York and New Jersey if we let him walk.

• Premium Member

When he's healthy Joe has been a 20/5/5 player and is easily the third best SG in the NBA. He is a max player for us. He would have been a max player for any number of teams that summer including Chicago, New York and New Jersey if we let him walk.

Can you imagine if Chicago would have gotten Joe Johnson?

What kind of upsets me about it all is that if you are not shaking pom-poms and doing pyramids about Joes hot play then you're a Joe hater or a bad fan. Like I said, I've been on of the few people I know in real life who has constantly supported and defended Joe Johnson. However, for the past couple of seasons, the guy has been very disappointing and now he's got this outrageous contract that will probably end up killing us in the future if we don't amnesty him. Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1

What kind of upsets me about it all is that if you are not shaking pom-poms and doing pyramids about Joes hot play then you're a Joe hater or a bad fan. Like I said, I've been on of the few people I know in real life who has constantly supported and defended Joe Johnson. However, for the past couple of seasons, the guy has been very disappointing and now he's got this outrageous contract that will probably end up killing us in the future if we don't amnesty him.

And there's a chance that we may actually amnesty him at some point but as for right now he's on our team and he's playing his *ss off. Again I say he signed the contract, he didn't write....i refuse to hold that against the man when I know damn well I would have done the same thing.

What kind of upsets me about it all is that if you are not shaking pom-poms and doing pyramids about Joes hot play then you're a Joe hater or a bad fan. Like I said, I've been on of the few people I know in real life who has constantly supported and defended Joe Johnson. However, for the past couple of seasons, the guy has been very disappointing and now he's got this outrageous contract that will probably end up killing us in the future if we don't amnesty him.

Pointing out some negative aspects of Joe's game and/or demaenor on the court will land you straight in the Joe Hater Zone. Edited by thatsmydawg