• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First time ever, OKC is No. 1

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

They finally got there this week with easy wins in the last eight days over the only two teams that have been atop the rankings this season. The Thunder took down the Heat last Sunday and dropped the Bulls on Sunday, both in impressive fashion. In between, they went to L.A. and handed the revamped Lakers their fifth loss at home.View the full article

Watching their meteoric rise just illustrates how bad this franchise is. While we're overpaying players, they're getting great value for much better, younger ones. I hope they can get it done while they still have Harden, although I would think he'd take a discount to stay. I love his quirky lefty game. Kevin Durant's jumper should carry them past any contender, seeing as they've beat them all in convincing fashion.

I've always liked how humble Durant is and how this carries over to the rest of the Thunder.The year of "The Decision", Kevin Durant quietly signed an extension with the Thunder. No fuss, no media hype, just a statement about how happy he is to be a part of the Thunder and appreciates everything they've done for him. What an amazing contrast.If the Hawks drop out of the playoffs early this year then I'll be rooting for OKC for sure.

What OKC has is luck. People talk of great ownership and of how great Presti is, but a couple of things go differently and they would be the laughing stock of the NBA.First, let's remember that this team is only possible because they intentionally tanked for a few seasons in order to get the team out of seattle. Not many ownerships and fanbases would accept prolonged tanking like this.Then they got really lucky. 4 teams had better odds of landing a top 2 pick than they did in 07.And on top of that, they could rely on other team's lack of luck or competence.What would they have to show for 3 years of tanking if they had ended up with the 5th pick in 07? Or if Portland had picked Durant instead of Oden? Or if Michael Beasley fell to them in 08?A little change at the picks in front of them and they might have had a team with Oden and Beasley instead of Durant and Westbrook...

But I still hate Clayton Bennett's group for moving this team to OKC (even know that the City of Seattle is paying for that mistake) but they are doing this without an 7'0 footer and if they ever get one, look out they will be contend for years to come.

I like OKC but I haven't bought into the hype about them winning a championship this year. They have not been consistent defensivley, they are a jump shooting team, Wesbrook will shoot them out of games. They have no low post scoring option when things get tight and slow down in the playoffs. Lastly they are a young team - look at all the last 10 cahmpionship teams, what do you see, teams laden with veteran players who have put in work.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Watching their meteoric rise just illustrates how bad this franchise is. While we're overpaying players, they're getting great value for much better, younger ones. I hope they can get it done while they still have Harden, although I would think he'd take a discount to stay. I love his quirky lefty game. Kevin Durant's jumper should carry them past any contender, seeing as they've beat them all in convincing fashion.

Let's be honest...We blew it in the draft..They did well in the draft.Whereas we got: Josh, Chillz, Marvin, Shelden, Acie and Horf...They got: Durant, Green, Harden, and Westrbrook.Even their non-lottery picks: Serge Ibaka, Beaubois, and Bledsoe.When you draft that well, you will have a good team.Our draft picks are picks that make people shake their heads.

Interesting... always thought Perkins was a 7 footer for some reason. Maybe it's the way he plays.

While Perkins does play like an ignorant 7-footer...he is more like 6-10 1/2...6-11.Athlete Jeopardy:Perkins: "I'll take uh basketball for a hundred Alex."Alex Trebeck: "Should be a good category for you Mr. Perkins - the question - what geometric figure is a basketball most like?"Perk: "Ahh...what is a rubber?"Alex: "Sorry - that would be a sphere"Perk: "F' that..MFin ball is MADE of rubber...!!!."(also playing - ex heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield)Evander: "Hey Perk...what is a rubber?" Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Let's be honest...We blew it in the draft..They did well in the draft.Whereas we got: Josh, Chillz, Marvin, Shelden, Acie and Horf...They got: Durant, Green, Harden, and Westrbrook.Even their non-lottery picks: Serge Ibaka, Beaubois, and Bledsoe.When you draft that well, you will have a good team.Our draft picks are picks that make people shake their heads.

Chillz, Marvin, Shelden is the bermuda triangle of picks that is sinking this franchise into irrelevancy.