• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Comparison of the Day: PF

Diesel

Blake vs. Smoove  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do agree that skill-wise Josh is at least as talented and I will definitely give him the nod on defense. But, this is Blake's second season in the NBA and from a numbers perspective he's already accomplished a lot more than Josh in his 8th season.I'll take better rebounding and 55% on dunks over a more "skilled" 46% shooting any day. This is Blake pretty easily IMO.

I do agree that skill-wise Josh is at least as talented and I will definitely give him the nod on defense. But, this is Blake's second season in the NBA and from a numbers perspective he's already accomplished a lot more than Josh in his 8th season.I'll take better rebounding and 55% on dunks over a more "skilled" 46% shooting any day. This is Blake pretty easily IMO.

Exactly man...this is what people are not getting. Blake put up rookie numbers that are comparable to just about any scoring champion for the last 30 years, including Jordan. Off the charts upside and his rookie side is as you say better than anything Josh has done in eight years. Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Honestly, do you think we're better with this current team with Griffen or Josh? Josh.

Please get off the homer wagon and watch Blake take over games night in and night out. He is just like any other great player, he will get his and you cannot stop him. Money every night.2nd point: Do you think Blake's .500 FG% would not help us more than Josh's career .420 playoff FG%? Great players get theirs no matter what the venue, Blake Griffin is going to be judged as great. He is flat out unstoppable...

• Premium Member

Please get off the homer wagon and watch Blake take over games night in and night out. He is just like any other great player, he will get his and you cannot stop him. Money every night.2nd point: Do you think Blake's .500 FG% would not help us more than Josh's career .420 playoff FG%? Great players get theirs no matter what the venue, Blake Griffin is going to be judged as great. He is flat out unstoppable...

When you're saying takes over.. are you talking alley opps or tip dunks??I'm tickled to hear people talking about His offensive game is better than Josh's? This guy shoots from inside Dunks, Tips, and very close shots 56% of the time and most of those are assisted. I wish Josh would do similar because his numbers would be better than Blake's but Blake has nothing else to his offense. He's not going to kill you from high post. Josh can.In essence, Blake is more like a C and Josh is more like a Sf offensively. When the lane gets clogged up, who do you want?

When you're saying takes over.. are you talking alley opps or tip dunks??I'm tickled to hear people talking about His offensive game is better than Josh's? This guy shoots from inside Dunks, Tips, and very close shots 56% of the time and most of those are assisted. I wish Josh would do similar because his numbers would be better than Blake's but Blake has nothing else to his offense. He's not going to kill you from high post. Josh can.In essence, Blake is more like a C and Josh is more like a Sf offensively. When the lane gets clogged up, who do you want?

Unless he has Dirk's kind of talent, I want a PF who actually knows what the inside of the damn lane looks like. Close shots 56% of the time, not close 44% that is great imo for a PF.

I'm just glad our PF knows how to play some defense and has an all around game. Posted Image

It's crazy as hell seeing people defend players over our own players. They're almost the same except Josh can pass the rock, and block shots, and play some defense, and yet you have fans arguing that x player is better.

It's always the same people... *sigh*

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

Unless he has Dirk's kind of talent, I want a PF who actually knows what the inside of the damn lane looks like. Close shots 56% of the time, not close 44% that is great imo for a PF.

I believe the matter will be settled in the playoffs. People aren't giving LAC much of a chance in the playoffs because the nature of the playoffs is to pack it in and make other teams beat you from outside. That's why in the west, your better teams are OKC, DAL, and LAL. Paul is great but they might run into the same thing that Utah fell victim to.. Having a PF who is an inside guy but can't do jack in the highpost. (I'm talking Jefferson/Milsap).I like you wish that Josh's shot selection leaned more to the inside but his wildcard is that inside the perimeter and outsideof 11 feet, he's money. I can't say the same about Griffin. I predict in the playoffs, you will see more of Bulter putting up points and Griffin getting most of his points on putbacks...like Zaza.

Blake is assisted a measley 1% more on his baskets than Josh (63% to 62%) and holds a higher career assist rate. He even shoots better on his jumpers.......http://82games.com/ Edited by MaceCase
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Blake is assisted a measley 1% more on his baskets than Josh (63% to 62%) and holds a higher career assist rate. He even shoots better on his jumpers.......http://82games.com/

I agree, he shoots better on his Jumpers... but...In the past 2 years, Blake has attempted 37 3 pters.. 37 in two years. Josh attempted 37 3ptrs last week.Seriously, in the same time, Josh has attempted 249...Now, if we were to take Josh's 249 and put it down to 37 attempts...Josh would probably shoot much better in jumpshots.

When I'm watching Blake play, I don't see any comparison to Josh. It's clear that Blake isn't the type of player Josh is. Blake scores a lot of his shots off of putt backs, and his post game isn't that great, at least from the games i've watched. Josh is Mr. Do It All. I really wish we could have PG like CP3 and an athletic center like DeAndre. That would help out so much and improve Josh's game, but the problem is we don't. Imagine if we did and then compare stats. Stats are pretty similar on the offense of side except the assist. That's just offense, speaking of Blakes defensive of game.................. It's nothing like Josh's

Edited by AHawks89

I agree, he shoots better on his Jumpers... but...In the past 2 years, Blake has attempted 37 3 pters.. 37 in two years. Josh attempted 37 3ptrs last week.Seriously, in the same time, Josh has attempted 249...Now, if we were to take Josh's 249 and put it down to 37 attempts...Josh would probably shoot much better in jumpshots.

No, Josh's long range shots in general are his detriment and the ones inside the 3pt line are worse because he does not get the extra point with those.MaceCase just took you to the cleaners, admit defeat and move on Edited by Buzzard

I agree, he shoots better on his Jumpers... but...In the past 2 years, Blake has attempted 37 3 pters.. 37 in two years. Josh attempted 37 3ptrs last week.

Seriously, in the same time, Josh has attempted 249...

Now, if we were to take Josh's 249 and put it down to 37 attempts...

Josh would probably shoot much better in jumpshots.

So your dance is 3 pointers now? Even though 3 pointers enhance eFG% due to the extra value of a 3 compared to a 2?

What's the excuse for 2009-10 when he shot only 7 threes and hit on 28% of his jumpshots?

• Like 1

No one seems to take in consideration how many shots/touches that JJ and Al take away from Josh when playing together. So who takes shots away from Blake? No one really. Now this year Josh's totals have increased since Al has been out and JJ for some time. Allowing for Josh to shine. If Josh was the only person on the team like Blake is to the LAC you would see an increase in Josh's numbers as well. So in this case I don't think the stats necessarily tell the whole truth. As in anything you can make stats look like anything you would want.

No one seems to take in consideration how many shots/touches that JJ and Al take away from Josh when playing together. So who takes shots away from Blake? No one really. Now this year Josh's totals have increased since Al has been out and JJ for some time. Allowing for Josh to shine. If Josh was the only person on the team like Blake is to the LAC you would see an increase in Josh's numbers as well. So in this case I don't think the stats necessarily tell the whole truth. As in anything you can make stats look like anything you would want.

Obviously you do no watch the Clippers. CP3 19.3 PPG, Chauncey Billups 15.0 ppg, Nick Young 14.9 ppg, Mo Williams 13.6 ppg, Caron Butler 12.4 ppg, Randy Foye 10.4 ppg.If you are wondering what my point is the Clippers have carried 7 players at one time or another who have averaged dbl digit points. Points equal touches, Even with Horford playing, Josh has nothing even close to that to compete with, so really what is your point again?

That excuse doesn't fly either. Josh is the leader on the Hawks in Field Goal Attempts this year, in fact he takes a full 1.5 more shots per game than Blake despite Blake "not having anyone to take shots away from him". Josh even has a higher usage % than Blake which is the percentage of possessions that end up in a shot or turnover. The problem is that he's woefully inefficient with those added touches.
  • Like 1

My god this homerism is out of hand....you guys are complaining about the way Blake scores his points...really? He takes high percentage shots, he gets it done and does it efficiently and yall are knocking him for it bc josh isnt smart enough to do it....this is really ridiculous. I don't care if he scores every basket sinking the ball if he's putting up 23 on over 50% shooting. You guys keep coming up with excuses as to why blakes numbers are better but none of them hold up, how about his numbers are better bc he's a better player

• Like 3

My god this homerism is out of hand....you guys are complaining about the way Blake scores his points...really? He takes high percentage shots, he gets it done and does it efficiently and yall are knocking him for it bc josh isnt smart enough to do it....this is really ridiculous. I don't care if he scores every basket sinking the ball if he's putting up 23 on over 50% shooting. You guys keep coming up with excuses as to why blakes numbers are better but none of them hold up, how about his numbers are better bc he's a better player

They also ignore the fact that he put up BETTER numbers without Chris Paul, in his rookie season no less. It's like saying Patrick Ewing was better than Shaq because Shaq could only score within a few feet of the basket. Noone outside of anyone on this board would take Smith over Griffin. And I am a huge Josh Smith fan. Edited by AtLaS

First let me state I'm not on Josh or Blake's side personally I think Blake is overrated though. Kevin Love is better than both I would love to see that comparison, but who cares. All I was saying until this year Josh's touches weren't as high due to Al and JJ taking away touches. Like I said I really don't give a flying F who you guys want. So if you guys want to pound your chest and say I told you Blake was better or Josh is better hope you can sleep better at night. I really don't care. I just think it is nuts that this site has been overrun by which hawk is better and who else in the league is better than some hawk instead of talking about the hawks as a team. I don't understand we can't all admit when someone plays bad or good. Or for that matter rub it in to all others when someone plays good or bad. I bet tonight after the Celtic game there will be a thread about how Josh or JJ loss the game and determining how they played someone will get more blame than the other. Forgetting about how the team could have made more free throws or better defense and so on. But I guess this is what Stern wanted when he created a league run by individuals instead of rooting for teams.

• Premium Member

So your dance is 3 pointers now? Even though 3 pointers enhance eFG% due to the extra value of a 3 compared to a 2?

What's the excuse for 2009-10 when he shot only 7 threes and hit on 28% of his jumpshots?

There's a difference between then and now.

3 pters don't enhance when you shoot them in great volume and you're 27% from three. All that does is torpedo your FG%. Which is why I'm saying if Josh learned to curve his diet on long shots, he'd be better than Blake FG% wise. You've been to 82 games. You have done the comparison. You have seen what I seen... They say Josh is more efficient than Blake at the things he do the least and Blake does the most.. that's close shots and dunks.