• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague after Smith chew out

Watchman

I noticed that Teague hasn't taken more than four shots in a game since he got chewed out by Smith. After scoring 21 in that game, he has gone 1-4 from the field in both games afterward. Somebody (Ivan are you listening?) needs to beat the crap out of Smith so maybe he'll learn to control his temper in the future. Obviously Drew isn't going to do it. We can only hope someone like Ivan or Zaza will do it.

• Moderators

Teague also needs to grow up and step up. Larry Drew should also be in Teague's ear telling him why he needs to be a scoring threat on this team - including doing that in a team setting in front of Josh.

• Like 1

Teague also needs to grow up and step up. Larry Drew should also be in Teague's ear telling him why he needs to be a scoring threat on this team - including doing that in a team setting in front of Josh.

That wouldn't go over well at all......Best Drew just do it in private.

Teague is a scoring guard and he is quick. Lets get some points out of him. I blame LD cause his is the head coach. He is supposed to get the most out of his players.

This is just ridiculous. Again is there any more reason why Josh needs to be gone. He's so afraid of teague stealing his "shine". My question is were the hell if the coach?? Who is Josh Smith to yell at anyone with all of the boneheaded plays he makes. If teague can drive to the basked 50 consecutive times then he needs to do it. The objective of the game is to outscore your opponent.

• Like 1

AHF, on 16 April 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:Teague also needs to grow up and step up. Larry Drew should also be in Teague's ear telling him why he needs to be a scoring threat on this team - including doing that in a team setting in front of Josh.

That wouldn't go over well at all......Best Drew just do it in private.

I agree that would need to be done in a team setting.You can't confuse your young 23 year old PG and roster with mixed messages. You can't have Drew telling him to look to score more aggressively behind closed doors with Josh openly screaming for him to pass him the ball more.

Teague is a scoring guard and he is quick. Lets get some points out of him. I blame LD cause his is the head coach. He is supposed to get the most out of his players.

Smith was a hot-head with Woody too. He is what he is.

I love how people will find the dumbest things to blame on Josh. Players fight in the NBA every day, co-workers fight in the workplace everyday. It's the same logic. Josh yelled and him, big deal. These things happen all the time in the NBA. Teague is his own man and needs to grow up like others have said. He refuses to take big shots down the stretch and passes the ball off. We need him to play aggressively like he did in the playoffs against chicago. I'm tired of seeing him go through the motions and not hustle.

I agree that would need to be done in a team setting.You can't confuse your young 23 year old PG and roster with mixed messages. You can't have Drew telling him to look to score more aggressively behind closed doors with Josh openly screaming for him to pass him the ball more.

Well mostly because Josh will do his usual schtick of running to the media complaining about being persecuted and declaring that there is conspiracy against him. That and LD already made his grave over being Josh's good buddy rather than disciplining him so he can't pull a heel turn now and publicly start declaring that Smoove is in the wrong in favor of another player.

• Moderators

Well mostly because Josh will do his usual schtick of running to the media complaining about being persecuted and declaring that there is conspiracy against him. That and LD already made his grave over being Josh's good buddy rather than disciplining him so he can't pull a heel turn now and publicly start declaring that Smoove is in the wrong in favor of another player.

If LD doesn't have the balls to say it to the group he should resign today. It will be an abject failure for him to tell Teague to try to score while tacitly blessing a message to the contrary. Whatever message LD gives Teague needs to be the same message he gives the entire team so they all have the same expectations about how they will work together.

• Premium Member

This is just ridiculous. Again is there any more reason why Josh needs to be gone. He's so afraid of teague stealing his "shine". My question is were the hell if the coach?? Who is Josh Smith to yell at anyone with all of the boneheaded plays he makes. If teague can drive to the basked 50 consecutive times then he needs to do it. The objective of the game is to outscore your opponent.

↑this↑:crazy:Worried about Teague is stealing his shine?

Listen to local media and tell me there's not a conspiracy to run him out of town. This is more obvious than Bill Campbell's beef with Club Nikki's owner. Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

You can't blame Teague's up and downs on Josh. However, you can't sit and pretend like it's not a problem that Josh openly refuses to give Teague the ball after a rebound and tries to play the point guard role himself which often is detrimental. On top of that, the coach says nothing. If you want your point guard to be aggressive, then you give him the reigns to do so and you check anybody else who wants to impede that. And you should always question the motivation of a guy who complains that his teammate shoots too much after said teammate leads the team to a victory.

Edited by Jody23

↑this↑

Posted Image

Worried about Teague is stealing his shine?

Listen to local media and tell me there's not a conspiracy to run him out of town. This is more obvious than Bill Campbell's beef with Club Nikki's owner.

Perhaps you can explain then why Smith goes to the media and complains that his point guard takes too many shots. How Smith feels the need to chew Teague out, but gets his panties in a wad when he thinks he's not getting his proper due respect? How he gets mad at management for not promoting him more for all-star selection? Maybe he should try taking responsibility for that himself. Doesn't it say something that other coaches think Josh is their 6th man? When the all-star coach (ostensibly any way) wants to win, and he doesn't choose Smith, what does that say? How about when Smith, after publicly embarrassing Teague, ignores a wide open Teague at the end of the Boston game and hoists up one of his typical long ugly misses?

Like I said earlier, I was about to become a Smith supporter, but he always does something to make me realize my instincts were correct, and that Smith only cares about Smith, not about the team and not about winning.

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member

You can't blame Teague's up and downs on Josh. However, you can't sit and pretend like it's not a problem that Josh openly refuses to give Teague the ball after a rebound and tries to play the point guard role himself which often is detrimental. On top of that, the coach says nothing. If you want your point guard to be aggressive, then you give him the reigns to do so and you check anybody else who wants to impede that. And you should always question the motivation of a guy who complains that his teammate shoots too much after said teammate leads the team to a victory.

Josh did that before Teague. That's a coaching issue and not a Josh Smith issue. And before anyone responds "Josh should be held accountable for Josh." If LD allows it then it's part of the offense. I agree that the PG should be the leader but have we ever seen LD or Teague give any indication of that being the case here? Seems to me this team has historically been run by the most productive players. As of now that's Josh, not Teague.

Josh did that before Teague. That's a coaching issue and not a Josh Smith issue. And before anyone responds "Josh should be held accountable for Josh." If LD allows it then it's part of the offense.I agree that the PG should be the leader but have we ever seen LD or Teague give any indication of that being the case here? Seems to me this team has historically been run by the most productive players. As of now that's Josh, not Teague.

I agree with the first part, though I think that is entirely because LD is in way over his head and does not have the respect that a coach needs from his players.Josh may be productive, but I don't see him as a leader for this team. Who is he leading? I don't think Teague or Joe are listening to him at all, nor will they in the future. As for the other guys, I don't see how he has led any of them either. I am definitely not saying that Joe is our leader. I don't think we really have a leader on this team right now. If anybody has the ability to lead, it is Horf, but he was a no show in the playoffs last year and we all know how this year has gone.I tend to disagree with the most productive players being leaders as well. There have been plenty of productive players in the league who lack the ability to lead. I am a huge nerd for Game of Thrones and this sort of reminds me of something I heard on that show. "If you want to lead one day, you need to learn how to follow." Or something along the lines of that. Josh really does need to learn how to follow before he can be the star that he wants to be.