• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan gets rookie of the month!

Supporter

• Moderators

Other than Al winning ROTM three times (November, February, March) in 2007-08, Shelden in 2007, and now Ivan, the only other rookie to win the monthly honor was the Plastic Man. Stacey Augmon won it back in April 1992 when they gave out one award (no conference splits).~lw3

Larry Drew on Ivan Johnson: 'He's an enforcer but he may be a little over the edge. We don't want that right now.' #Hawks

I dont understand why LD doesnt want that.. We need someone who isnt going to back down.. I realize were limited at the F-C position but if KG is gonna be doin some pushing, I expect Ivan to be right there doing the same thing..

This series is going to be a battle..

Larry Drew on Ivan Johnson: 'He's an enforcer but he may be a little over the edge. We don't want that right now.' #Hawks

I dont understand why LD doesnt want that.. We need someone who isnt going to back down.. I realize were limited at the F-C position but if KG is gonna be doin some pushing, I expect Ivan to be right there doing the same thing..

Because Garnett is a master A**hole and can get under your skin. If Ivan is on edge he is gonna get a lot of Techs really fast and then we wont have him at all.

• Moderators

Because Garnett is a master A**hole and can get under your skin. If Ivan is on edge he is gonna get a lot of Techs really fast and then we wont have him at all.

Absolutely. Cagey KG, Prince Paula, and their merry band of jerks love to get guys off of where their focus should be, particularly when things are not going well. Zaza already is savvy enough to tell those busters in at least two languages where they can go with that act. But after their last matchup, Ivan needed to catch himself a different flight out of Logan Airport. There are no timeout chairs going forward.

I love Ivan having an edge in the first place, as being alternatively "under the edge" gets you Shelden Williams and Boris Diaw. His anger management challenges over his career have been moderately documented, and his accomplishments to date reflect a certain triumph over them. Find your edge and stay on it, Ivan... don't go over it.

We simply can't afford him getting prodded into doing something so embarrassingly stupid that we'd lose him for a playoff game or longer, or something so reckless that he'd have to change his name to Namaste Please Recycle or something like that just to salvage his reputation and short-lived career. The Boston Celtics know this, and as they did with Zaza, they will try something. How he reacts (or not) to their reindeer games may make the difference in this series.

~lw3

• Like 1

Why would a coach encourage an actual blood bath? Let Ivan loose and they'll be reports of a new 'Boston Strangler'.
  • Like 1

I understand we dont want Ivan throwing punches or anything or that sort, but we also dont want to see him getting punked by KG. If Zaza is back i say let Ivan battle with him and not back down from shit.