• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaq

volman

The guy should be fired. He does not deserve to be on TV... Really has no value to add, and doesn't stay on topic either.I'm also a bit pissed that he had the audacity to even hint that the Celtics would come back and win if it had not been for "poor officiating".I will say that ejection was a huge swing, but there was absolutely zero credit given to Atlanta for this win. Charles surely was shut up and didn't say too much. Okay, end of my rant. I am not a Shaq fan at all.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Shaq was a HOF player - no questions asked.As a commentator....well, he and guys like Emmett Smith show that being a great player doesn't mean you are either insightful or interesting behind a mic. Charles is usually interesting and occasionally insightful. Shaq is neither. If he is still on the show for the 2013-14 season, that is the official "jumped the shark" moment for TNT.

I'm glad to see so many people agree. The guy just brings NOTHING to the table as a commentator. NOTHING. Please bring back Webber. At least Barkley's off the wall comments are entertaining, Shaq just seems like he wants to just be there to relax and listen to everybody else and not do a damn thing.

• Premium Member

Shaq was hired to be a more ass-clownish version of Chuck. If you're looking for insight I suggest tuning into NBATV for Smitty.

• Moderators

Shaq was hired to be a more ass-clownish version of Chuck. If you're looking for insight I suggest tuning into NBATV for Smitty.

if that is the case Shaq deserves an Emmy...He has gone well beyond the network's expectations...

I disagree. He is so boring as a commentator that he isn't any version of Chuck. He is just a boring and stupid commentator. Chuck, IMO, can be a moron but he is a special commentator in a good way. I want Chuck on TV. I can't wait for Shaq to get canned.

• Premium Member

I disagree. He is so boring as a commentator that he isn't any version of Chuck. He is just a boring and stupid commentator. Chuck, IMO, can be a moron but he is a special commentator in a good way. I want Chuck on TV. I can't wait for Shaq to get canned.

I know what you're saying but I still think he was hired to be like Chuck. I'm not saying he's doing a good Job being entertaining like Chuck. Edited by NineOhTheRino

I stopped looking at Inside The NBA a long time ago, pregame, halftime, or post-game. I hold both in much lower regard than most NBA fans who know a little history. Shaq is by far the worst skilled and conditioned of the "great" centers and Scottie criticized Barkley for his work ethic in Houston, not to mention the numerous scandals or arrests off the court for both. Shaq was a pathetic rebounder for his size. If you're going to criticize and make fun of current players, it should be coming from much more esteemed people.

• Moderators

I know what you're saying but I still think he was hired to be like Chuck. I'm not saying he's doing a good Job being entertaining like Chuck.

If he was hired to be like Chuck, he sure isn't delivering "well beyond the network's expectations." That was my only point. The guy is terrible in every respect as a commentator.

• Premium Member

Let me say this. Shaq has his audience. I don't think people watch their show for the expert opinion. They watch for the comedy. I'm sorry but I have laughed at several segments this year. As much as I hate Kenny, I laugh at the gon fishing segment. I laugh at the Shaqin a fool segment. But I'm not expecting those guys to become David Aldridge, hubie brown, and Mike Fratello all the sudden. When it gets more serious, I'm looking for C-Webb, JRose, and G-Anthony to get their own show. But if I wont a good laugh, i turn to tnt. To try to get serious from TNT is like trying to get your steak dinner from Burger King.

If he was hired to be like Chuck, he sure isn't delivering "well beyond the network's expectations." That was my only point. The guy is terrible in every respect as a commentator.

My only point was he is definitely reached a new pinnacle for Arseclownish behavior...Nothing to do with being better or worse than Chuck...

• Premium Member

Let me say this. Shaq has his audience. I don't think people watch their show for the expert opinion. They watch for the comedy. I'm sorry but I have laughed at several segments this year. As much as I hate Kenny, I laugh at the gon fishing segment. I laugh at the Shaqin a fool segment. But I'm not expecting those guys to become David Aldridge, hubie brown, and Mike Fratello all the sudden. When it gets more serious, I'm looking for C-Webb, JRose, and G-Anthony to get their own show. But if I wont a good laugh, i turn to tnt. To try to get serious from TNT is like trying to get your steak dinner from Burger King.

GA & CWEBB yes, J-Rose heck no
  • Like 1

I stopped looking at Inside The NBA a long time ago, pregame, halftime, or post-game. I hold both in much lower regard than most NBA fans who know a little history. Shaq is by far the worst skilled and conditioned of the "great" centers and Scottie criticized Barkley for his work ethic in Houston, not to mention the numerous scandals or arrests off the court for both. Shaq was a pathetic rebounder for his size. If you're going to criticize and make fun of current players, it should be coming from much more esteemed people.

why do people go overboard? did you see the stat the other day? 5000 and 3000 club. 2 names Jabar and Oneal. That's it.

I actually enjoy the TNT guys (when they are not talking Hawks) - they don't take themselves too serioulsy, I always get a good laugh. If I want analysis of play by play there are so many other sources. I look at them for pure entertainment value and they look like they are having fun. I do find that I haven't watched as much this year because I'm not a fan of Shaq, no reason just not a fan.

• Moderators

I buy into this with Charles and Kenny. I know they aren't DA and I find them entertaining. Shaq....not so much. If he was entertaining then I wouldn't have the same issue with him.