• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well

capstone21

• Admin

No josh, no al, no Zaza and we took this team to ot and fought to the end....I am impressed how we fought. I have to give the team some props.It was winnable.Pierce is still a posI was always a Marvin protector but tonight he lost me too. I think it is time for him to be in a different uniform next season. Big disappointment.

• Like 3

I agree with all of it.Nice to see JJ come up big in the clutch. Nice to see JT playing to his potential.My biggest problem was with LD again. What was up with all the pargo minutes when he was playing so poorly? Why did it take so long to get Joe a shot in OT when he was the one who got us there?Anyways, anyone who thinks boston is just going to walk all over us is crazy.

The game was right there at 80-80!!! This loss has to hurt, but like you said no Josh, ZaZa, Horford the team played hard tonight. Also, this was T-Mac's first 40 min game since January of 09, he was obviously gassed in the end. Anyone else like to see Joe and Mac at the 2 and 3 with Josh back? Marvin has dissappeared and Hinrich hasn't been too great. Anyway the team has to move past this and take Game 4 hopefully with Josh healthy and come back home to ATL, we can't go down 3-1..

• Premium Member

Yeah, when the game is 80-80... every missed FT, every bad call, every close shot, every blown defensive play comes into mind... but...Not to dwell on that.I applaud our Hawks tonight. Let's kick their ass on Sunday!!

• Like 3

No josh, no al, no Zaza and we took this team to ot and fought to the end....I am impressed how we fought. I have to give the team some props.It was winnable.Pierce is still a posI was always a Marvin protector but tonight he lost me too. I think it is time for him to be in a different uniform next season. Big disappointment.

I don't. Moral victories are worthless.

Why didn't Hinrich play at all down the stretch? This substitution pattern is aweful even though we were missing a ton of guys. Really wish we could squeak it out but this series is far from over.

This series was over after game 2.
  • Like 1

We could win by 50 and you would still find something to complain about

They didn't win. Boston basically gave this team home court and then went out there and proved that they didn't need it.Now, dummy ownership gets to claim that this team would have had a great playoff run if Horford had been healthy. Then, people get to see this same roster of failures fail again next season. Edited by Hotlanta1981

What's with all the negativity? We have clearly showed that this is a series. We may not win it, but it is far from over. If the situation was reversed and we beat boston barely in overtime at home with a bunch of their key players out, all of the haters would be talking about how lucky we are.

• Like 1

It was a great showing with us being down two starters and our best big man off the bench. TMac showed us all tonight he should have been getting a lot more minutes since day one. Even though he was gassed at the end his offense and rebounding were solid.I don't think we are big enough and/or tough enough even at full strength to win it all but we are talented. We need to be fully healthy and somehow get that bad ass superstar player that refuses to lose.

Edited by Buzzard

What's with all the negativity? We have clearly showed that this is a series. We may not win it, but it is far from over. If the situation was reversed and we beat boston barely in overtime at home with a bunch of their key players out, all of the haters would be talking about how lucky we are.

1 negative poster who's been negative for 99.9% of his time on here doesn't mean we're all negative. I don't necessarily believe in moral victories and certainly not for a veteran team like ours but we showed a lot of heart tonight and fought to the end and even erased that big 4th quarter deficit. Officiating was flat out awful tonight and I don't know what some of our guys have to do to get a foul call but when Pierce is taking more FTs than our team, or close to it as I haven't looked at the box score, you know something is up.Marvin was beyond hot garbage offensively and that technical FT he missed late in the game really hurt!Such a shame that you won't hear or read "Boston and their big 4 squeak out home OT win against extremely short-handed Hawks". If Pierce had a bruised labia you'd sure hear about how the Celtics had to overcome that to win!

It was a great showing with us being down two starters and our best big man off the bench. TMac showed us all tonight he should have been getting a lot more minutes since day one. Even though he was gassed at the end his offense and rebounding were solid.I don't think we are big enough and/or tough enough even at full strength to win it all but we are talented. We just need that bad ass superstar player that refuses to lose.

Easy to say that about T-Mac but as fragile as he is it's likely if he would have played more minutes he would have gotten injured or at least been worn down at this point. We made it through the season with him playing the minutes he did and he looked pretty fresh in the 1st half tonight and although his offense disappeared in the 2nd half he at least played really tough defense and facilitated on offense.

I definitely believe that if we had all our main players like they now do this series would not even be close. I am proud how they fought. I just wish Joe would've did half of what he did down the stretch tonight in Game 2 and we would be up 2-1 or maybe even 3-0.

• Like 1

Easy to say that about T-Mac but as fragile as he is it's likely if he would have played more minutes he would have gotten injured or at least been worn down at this point. We made it through the season with him playing the minutes he did and he looked pretty fresh in the 1st half tonight and although his offense disappeared in the 2nd half he at least played really tough defense and facilitated on offense.

I don't mean he should have gotten 30 to 40 minutes a game. But 20 to 25 would have been doable I think and so long as he was healthy those 40 he got tonight would have been easier to play He was definetely tired in the 2nd half. I can understand why he felt under used at the end of the year.