• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You are LD tonight....What do you say pregame?

99PROBL3MS

Pretending you are Larry Drew tonight, what do you say to the Hawks prior to tip-off?Me as LD: "Smart basketball tonight guys......only smart basketball. No silly turnovers. That is what has killed us in this series is turnovers. We can beat these guys convincingly if we take smart shots and don't turn the basketball over because we are better than them Period. Now lets go out and focus for 48 minutes on playing with extreme effort and avoiding costly turnovers. Move the basketball. Take good shots. We are averaging just 16.6assit to 15.8turnovers in this series fellas. That won't get it. Lets go out and win this game tonight."

Wow, that team assist to turnover ratio smells like sewage. I'm glad I'm not LD, because what's the cliche in sports, "one game at a time?". I can't help but think forward to a winnable game 7 at home and a favorable matchup with all hands on deck against either Chicago or Philly. Giving that message to these Hawks will get them blown out the Garden tonight. Let's let Nick Van Exel and Stack address the team. Hell, call up Hank Aaron and Hubie while you're at it.

Trust your guards and run the floor. When you get a rebound, put the ball in Jeff or Kirks hands and then run your ass down the floor. You can still be part of a fast break without the ball in your hands. These guys will be winded within the first five minutes if we just run them out of the gym. Foot on the gas and go get easy shots.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We have worked for 12 months to get here. Commit yourself to playing this game the right way. Stick to your man on D, box out and dominate the boards, move the ball on offense, don't get caught standing still pounding the ball or watching the ball, be aggressive but exercise your good judgment and take good shots...play this game the way we have talked about for the last few days. No one outside the state of Georgia thinks we have a chance in this series, but we have dominated Boston on the boards this series and if we exploit the right matchups and take the right shots we can come in here and shock the world. Whatever you do, leave everything you have on that floor tonight, focus on every possession and don't waste a single shot, a single defensive assignment, or a single chance at a loose ball. This is our time and our opportunity, and we are going to do this as a team. Let's see these m*#&$*#$#& back in Atlanta!

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

I love the Inch by Inch speech lol, I think Drew should remind them that they had Boston beat in almost every game this series with the exception of Game 4 and we gave it right back to them. In all of the other games they have seemed to make a big run in the 3rd and take a pretty solid lead, and then they give it right back to the Celtics with turnovers and stupid mistakes and probably a little bit of bad coaching. Now Boston has started off really strong the past couple of games, Atlanta needs to turn that around and give them a taste of what it feels like. I read today that Pierce has a strained MCL, of course you don't ever wish for injuries but we need to take advantage of that, whoever Pierce is guarding on defense needs to be aggressive on both sides of the ball enough of the standing around. Like everyone else said though, the key is to not commit these stupid turnovers because no one can win that way. Unfortunately Doc is one of the best coaches at getting his team prepared for games like these, it's going to be tough..let's just hope the Celtics don't come out shooting 70% again and I think we can take this

Three weeks from now I will be preparing for the Eastern Conference Finals.Imagine where you will be and it will be so.Hold the lane and stay with your man.If you find yourself on the bench, amidst a sea of green, with sweat on your face..Do not be troubled.For you are up by double digits and we have already won!Gentlemen, what we do in the playoffs, echos throughout our careers.When the ball is tossed UNLEASH HELL!

Edited by sultanofatl