• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What was worse?

CODHAWKSFAN

Both bad in different ways. Josh should not have taken that shot under any circumstances at that point in the game. Al just missed a shot.A missed shot vs a boneheaded shot. Boneheaded shot is worse I guess.

• Premium Member

Josh's shot. There was time on the clock. Had he drove, maybe (Prolly not but one could hope) Maybe he scores or draws a foul. I wonder how LD feels about Josh taking an occasional bad shot NOW.

• Like 2

Horf's freethrow....Josh's shot was stupid as fuk but Horford had a chance to tie the game. I don't see how people can think Josh's shot is worse considering the fact that Horford was given a FREE, WIDE OPEN shot. Granted there is a lot more pressure in Horf's situation, it was still worse for me as a fan when Horf missed the shot.

• Premium Member

As a fan, I felt really bad when Horford missed the FT.As a "hater" I felt really mad when Josh launched that shot.At the very least, Al tried to do the right thing.The worst of all, however, was seeing KG hack every single player down low and walking away with that. ZEBRA BASTARDS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Horf's freethrow....Josh's shot was stupid as fuk but Horford had a chance to tie the game. I don't see how people can think Josh's shot is worse considering the fact that Horford was given a FREE, WIDE OPEN shot. Granted there is a lot more pressure in Horf's situation, it was still worse for me as a fan when Horf missed the shot.

It's Horf's third game back.

I'm going to up the ante...

Josh's technical.

1 point is 1 point.

I love it that AL came back and helped us when maybe he didn't have to - and I hated it tonight that we didn't run an offense to get him more shots after how well he did in the game before (although the Celtics' D adjustments may have had something to do with that).But - bottom line - you are a pro ballplayer - normally a good free throw shooter - and you have two shots to tie the game. Thousands of young High School players face the same deal every year - and many make them both. As a pro - you have to make those two uncontested shots. It's your job.

• Like 1

I love it that AL came back and helped us when maybe he didn't have to - and I hated it tonight that we didn't run an offense to get him more shots after how well he did in the game before (although the Celtics' D adjustments may have had something to do with that).But - bottom line - you are a pro ballplayer - normally a good free throw shooter - and you have two shots to tie the game. Thousands of young High School players face the same deal every year - and many make them both. As a pro - you have to make those two uncontested shots. It's your job.

You can't be serious. Plenty of pro's have done the exact same thing. You make some and you miss some. No one hits all of them. And keep in mind, these shots came after 46 minutes of play.

You can't be serious. Plenty of pro's have done the exact same thing. You make some and you miss some. No one hits all of them. And keep in mind, these shots came after 46 minutes of play.

I am serious...a player simply has to make those shots...to be a quality player at crunch time. Simple as that.
  • Like 1

I am serious...a player simply has to make those shots...to be a quality player at crunch time. Simple as that.

Oh, well ok. That makes so much more sense. 9/10 free throws for the night. There will be missed free throws. Simple as that. Did that convince you? And no response on the 46 minutes of playing before that free throw...

Absolutley you have to make those free throws. To be fair though I can't imagine the kinda pressure involved, I played high school ball and missed in a situation like that from just 30 something people in the gym LOL, but hey that's why I'm not in the NBA making millions of dollars, but how many games did we blow this year because of free throws?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Absolutley you have to make those free throws. To be fair though I can't imagine the kinda pressure involved, I played high school ball and missed in a situation like that from just 30 something people in the gym LOL, but hey that's why I'm not in the NBA making millions of dollars, but how many games did we blow this year because of free throws?

Al HAS to make those free throws. That is ALL that mattered at that point in the game. I'm glad he came back and he played great in the 4th but he HAS to make those free throws.