• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm done with this team...

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

till preseason starts. Okay I'm doing a 180 on the whole destroy and rebuild thing. I say bring everybody back and give this thing one more try.

A few things:

[*]Wade is getting older.

[*]Rose will not be ready for another year.

[*]C's will be no more.

[*]Doug Collins may walk away after this year.

[*]D12 and SVG are out of Orlando

[*]Woody will be coaching the Knicks

Next season is the time for the Hawks to do something special!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

[*]The Hawks are still a terribly setup roster.

• Premium Member

[*]The Hawks are still a terribly setup roster.

BUT....

The hawks are remaining the same while everyone else is getting worse.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

BUT....The hawks are remaining the same while everyone else is getting worse. Technically we can look at it as the Hawks are improving.

LebronKnicks should be better. Woody is a better coach than LD and it's not closeD12 could still end up in the EastWho knows about the C's.The Hawks have no shot. It's pointless to even think about it and the Pacers are current better and will be even better next year.

• Premium Member

If this team stays the same, expect the same outcome or worse. Winners don't wait for someone else to falter. That's what losers do. Winners go get it and make it happen. This core is done.

Can't say I disagree with you here but one last shot seems a bit tempting. Edited by NineOhTheRino

The core is done by itself. If you add Nash, Deron, or 32 to it and it's a completely different core, one that can contend and win a chip.

• Premium Member

Can't say I disagree with you here but one last shot seems a bit tempting.

C'mon Nine. Lol. Eight years is long enough. We know what this team is. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me seven more times, I have issues.

• Premium Member

I'm ready (and willing) for Josh to go take his jumpers in another arena.Teague must stayJoe... can stayMarvin... hm. Can stay. He was great in some playoff games.Horford. No brainer. Must be a Hawk for life.Kirk must go. Same for Pargo.Willie... can stay. Stack must retire.TMac... must retire. Radman can go.IVAN is a keeper.Zaza, no brainer, we need him to break KG's face next season.Collins... I wish I'll never see him in a Hawks uni again.Dampier... Not sure. Lose 30-40 pounds, or retire.LD MUST GO! Hand in hand with Josh.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm ready (and willing) for Josh to go take his jumpers in another arena.Teague must stayJoe... can stayMarvin... hm. Can stay. He was great in some playoff games.Horford. No brainer. Must be a Hawk for life.Kirk must go. Same for Pargo.Willie... can stay. Stack must retire.TMac... must retire. Radman can go.IVAN is a keeper.Zaza, no brainer, we need him to break KG's face next season.Collins... I wish I'll never see him in a Hawks uni again.Dampier... Not sure. Lose 30-40 pounds, or retire.LD MUST GO! Hand in hand with Josh.

I agree with all those assessments although i'm not sure about Josh. I was pissed with that last shot but can we get what we need for him? He's damn good in a lot of areas. Damp has played hard everytime he hit the floor in this series. He's got to be about done but I wish others would see his level of professionalism. Tmac better be gone. Why he was on the floor i don't know. I was a big fan of willie green early in the season but he's obviously done as a rotation player. The only one from our bench i still like is pargo. I think he's a good backup pg even though LD lost faith in him. Hinrich was a major disappointment this season. If we aren't going to make major moves then Teague, Joe, Josh, Al, Marvin, Zaza is about all i'd keep. If we could pick up a 3 that can score the ball and a backup 2 that would help.

BUT....The hawks are remaining the same while everyone else is getting worse.

The Heat will still be the Heat. Bulls are a super team with a healthy DRose. 76ers will be more experienced and better ( they owned us this year remember ). I like the Knicks but see them as very similar to us. Problem is the Knicks will be aggressive in the off season and try and get better which does not bode well for us if we stand still. A very young Pacers team will be better next year as well.Standing still will suck man. I agree some are faltering. I also think we are one big move away from being able to really compete with the elite... Edited by Buzzard

The core is done by itself. If you add Nash, Deron, or 32 to it and it's a completely different core, one that can contend and win a chip.

Nash, Deron and 32? Is 32 Hold the Mayo? You're saying that either Nash, Deron or Hold the Mayo will turn us into contenders? LMAO

Rino,But you have to remember that Pacers still have alot of cap room to go after a good PG (Dragic), Bulls will be the Bulls, Knicks is going to be better, 76ers will be there. C's will reload again and with Doc and Rondo in the picture they will be in it as well. Then its the Heat as well.I believe this team have did the best they can and I believe a chance is in order, ASG needs to realize that make it to playoff is only the first step.

If the Pacers get Dragic, omg.DragicGeorgeGrangerWestHibbert who will get paid.

People are getting outrageous. We would have gotten swept without Josh.
  • Like 3

Trying to sneak 32 in with Nash and Deron is like trying to add Marvin in with Lebron and Melo....ROFL...come on man, your #3 pick off the bench is no PG.

Trying to sneak 32 in with Nash and Deron is like trying to add Marvin in with Lebron and Melo....ROFL...come on man, your #3 pick off the bench is no PG.

We need a #1 option and he can play combo PG. lol, no it's not from a talent or system standpoint. From a positional standpoint it is.

Guest Walter

I say bring everybody back and give this thing one more try.

A few things:

[*]Wade is getting older.

[*]Rose will not be ready for another year.

[*]C's will be no more.

[*]Doug Collins may walk away after this year.

[*]D12 and SVG are out of Orlando

[*]Woody will be coaching the Knicks

Next season is the time for the Hawks to do something special!

This is good reasoning, BUT this is NOT enough to win anything of importance. I WOULD keep this team together given a reasonable game changer like Nash. We need either a true center or a player that makes this team more than the sum of its parts. Sign Nash to the full mid level for how ever many more years he wants to play, keep Teague so Nash plays fewer minutes, and trade MW somehow.

W