• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does Atlanta refuse to get a real PG?

Joker

What does Atlanta refuses to get a real PG?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's because they just don't give a shit. You can watch Horford and see what he needs. Watch Joe and see what he needs. Why is it so hard to get a PG with great court vision, passing skills, who can run an uptempo and half court offense in the NBA. Ty Lawson can. Stephen Curry can, Rubio can, Nash, Deron, and CP3 can. Get someone who can play the damn position. Stop this bullshit with Bobby Jackson types and Jamal Crawford. Get a real f**king PG who has talent. Give us a f**king shot.

• Premium Member

Dude you are waaaay too emotional over this. Teague played pretty darn well for a first year starter. In fact, his numbers were comparable to your guy Conley. Allow Teague the chance to continue to develop. Even Tony Parker had to develop into the player he is today.

Edited by hawkman

Dude you are waaaay too emotional over this. Teague played pretty darn well for a first year starter. In fact, his numbers were comparable to your guy Conley. Allow Teague the chance to continue to develop. Even Tony Parker had to develop into the player he is today.

No the f**k he's not. He can't play PG. Son, this is the position I know better than any other position outside of center. I know those two positions in my sleep. I can tell when you have no f**king clue of what you are doing. This is a NBA player we are talking about. Even someone like Westbrook had some understanding on the position and had the tools. Jeff is a Bobby Jackson type. He can't play PG. We don't even have the personnel to even play this jackass for starter minutes. You want to know why we have no shot. PG is the number 1 reason. You have a PnR PF. You have a #2 option at SG. You have a tweener forward who doesn't create his own offense consistently. You know what you need? A real PG. Watching the Pacers and other teams piss me off. Not to say Hill is what we need because he isn't, but need a PG who has elite court vision, can run a PnR at a high to elite rate and can control the tempo. We have no one who can do that. In fact, we never had someone who could do that outside of Pistol Pete.Your stupid if you think Teague can come close to Parker. Much better personnel grouping and Parker at 19 had better PG skills than Teague does right now. In fact, Ish Smith took Teague starting PG job at Wake. If you like Teague, like him for what he does, not for some false belief shit. Josh Smith will never be Nique. Joe will never be D Wade. Jeff Teague will never be a quality PG who starts. Edited by nbasuperstar40

Easy with the personal stuff dude. It's just basketball.

Nothing personal was said.

We've had two shots at Chris Paul..........nuff said

lol yep.

I personally think we are at a crossroad. We can become much better or much worst from here. It's all up to Sund and ASG.

• Premium Member

I thought a coach that demanded respect would let Teague run the damn team. I don't think it is so much that Teague is a ineffective PG its just that the coach is allowing J Smoove and JJ to handle the ball too much. When he doesn't handle the ball JT gets passive at both ends I feel.

• Premium Member

We haven't had a real point guard since Mookie was here. I'd kill to have a pick and roll PG and we make our offense a pin and roll team with Horford taking 20 or more shots a game because of it. I'd think we'd kill people and be one hell of a team to play against in the playoffs since so many teams struggle defending the pick and roll.

• Like 1

We haven't had a real point guard since Mookie was here. I'd kill to have a pick and roll PG and we make our offense a pin and roll team with Horford taking 20 or more shots a game because of it. I'd think we'd kill people and be one hell of a team to play against in the playoffs since so many teams struggle defending the pick and roll.

It pains me we have the best PnR PF or Center in the game and we can't do anything with it. Teague can stay, he is not the problem but we need a starting PG. I like Zaza, he's not the problem and he can stay but I would rather a center who can protect the rim potentially at the least. Even Mookie was not a PnR PG. We never had someone with elite court vision like Nash, Mark Jackson, Stockton, prime Andre Miller, Nash, Kidd, CP3, Deron, Conley, or Rubio since and only Pistol Pete.Horford is the only elite PnR PF I seen in the NBA now that Amare has felt off. Al is probably the best two way PF in the NBA that isn't old like KG or TD. To waste him the way we are doing is so messed up. You should have heard Rick Beucher when talking about Joe. You can tell he was sad. He's like Joe is elite but he took more money to stay is a TERRIBLE situation. I really think we should trade both Horford and Joe and let them reach their potential elsewhere if ASG ain't trying to do anything about it. It's clear that the combination of Josh, Al, and Joe doesn't work. All three are very talented. Hell, could be superstars. But they need the right environment and cast. Get an elite PnR PG and that will do the trick. For Al and Joe. Joe can be a #2 and Al can be a #1 option.ASG is terrible. The worst in the NBA by a mile.

I really wish I could remove that idiotic diatribe from my brain.Sweet, sweet irony.

Your stupid if you think Teague can come close to Parker.

Don't cherry pick. I know the difference between you're and your. I just don't give a ... Edited by nbasuperstar40

bout tired of seeing this every single day from.. teague did a good job for us this year. enough with all the hate, gets old seeing you post about it daily.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This strikes me as kind of like with the talk in the past about getting a "real" center. Where is this mythical "real" point guard who is both better than Teague and worth the players and picks we'd have to give up to get him?Yes, we could have had Chris Paul or Deron Williams 7 years ago instead of Marvin. We didn't really have a shot at trading for them last year because, as much as people love to use Trade Checker to show how it would have been "possible," the simple truth is that we had nothing like the package of young talent and lottery picks that the Jazz extracted for Deron, nor the absurd package that the Hornets managed to get in exchange for Paul (if the NBA vetoed the Pau Gasol package, they would have laughed Josh Smith or Al Horford out of the room).Our only real trade assets are Horford and Josh. Assume we keep Horford. Who do we get for Josh? Conley? Please. He's marginally better than Teague offensively and worse defensively (unless you think letting yourself get backed down or burned 10 times a game is ok as long as you get 2.2spg). And Memphis probably wouldn't part with him in exchange for Josh anyway because they don't need frontcourt help; we'd have to make it a 3-way deal.Rubio and (as I said) CP3 are pipe dreams - their teams won't give them up. Same with Ty Lawson (who was, of course, taken 1 spot before Teague in the draft), at least considering the assets we have to offer. We don't have the cap space to sign Deron nor the assets (read: lottery picks and young talent) that the rebuilding Nets would demand in a S&T for him. Now could we get a PG who is a better fit for our talent than Teague? Maybe. But PnR PGs have long been a dying breed. We actually have one of the better ones already in Hinrich, which tells you how neglected a skill running the PnR has become among young PGs. Most of the best PGs in the PnR department today aside from CP3 and Deron are aging veterans like Andre Miller and Nash. Our best bet? A guy like Ramon Sessions. And I don't see him as a game-changer.I know you hate Teague like cats hate water, but there's no plausible route to getting a significant upgrade over Teague this summer, nor has there been in the past 2 summers.(And besides, I've always been of the opinion that the importance of PG is way, way overblown in the modern NBA)

Edited by niremetal

Conley is superior to Jeff. To say he is marginally better is delusional talk. That's like saying Noah is marginally better than Zaza. I watch both players. One is one of the best PG's in the league. The other is Bobby Jackson lite. The gap between their play is night and day. You give Conley a PnR system with a PF like Horford, we would be a thousand times better. I love what Josh does for us defensively but I do anything for a PnR PG.Teague can't run an offense. Can't change tempos. Can't remember plays. Looks lost on offense. Is anti-aggressive far too much. Is good in spurts but most of the time he sucks. Low BBIQ for a PG. He is good at slashing and play passing lanes. He is extremely fast, quick, and has very good hops. He is best in a Bobby Jackson or Leanodro Barbosa role.Hinrich? A PnR PG??? You don't know nothing about PG's. That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. What's next, Josh Smith has the offensive BBIQ in the NBA?

bout tired of seeing this every single day from.. teague did a good job for us this year. enough with all the hate, gets old seeing you post about it daily.

I'll stop when we get a real PG. Edited by nbasuperstar40

The world of nire:Noah is marginally better than Zaza.Josh Smith has the highest BBIQ in the NBA.Hinrich is one of the league's best PnR PG's.Teague is a great PG.Conley is marginally better than Teague.And I thought Diesel was the worst.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Then he mention a scrub like Ramon Sessions. We might as just stick with this combo guard with less PG skills than Josh and Joe named Teague instead of Sessions. I would rather Jamal at PG before I start Sessions.Nire. Stop it son. Stop it. This is too much man. Diesel looking like Jerry West compared to you right now.

nire posts in this thread got me like:

Posted Image

• Premium Member

You don't know nothing about PG's.

The world of nire

And I thought Diesel was the worst.

Nire. Stop it son. Stop i. This is too much man. Diesel looking like Jerry West compared to you right now.

nire posts in this thread got me like:

Posted Image

I guess the whole "not saying anything personal" thing is over now?
  • Like 1