• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does Atlanta refuse to get a real PG?

Joker

What does Atlanta refuses to get a real PG?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he couldn't get the shots in Memphis as a scoring sixth man..why do you think he will come to Atlanta and be able to take shots from Joe, Josh, and Al ? He's not a point guard so the offense will probably look identical to what it was with Jamal playing the point (stagnant). Hold the Mayo is what he is. A pretty good sixth man. Probably a starter on a lot of teams in the league. However, he's probably never going to excel much more than he is now.

If he couldn't get the shots in Memphis as a scoring sixth man..why do you think he will come to Atlanta and be able to take shots from Joe, Josh, and Al ? He's not a point guard so the offense will probably look identical to what it was with Jamal playing the point (stagnant). Hold the Mayo is what he is. A pretty good sixth man. Probably a starter on a lot of teams in the league. However, he's probably never going to excel much more than he is now.

You keep bringing up Memphis like they play the same style of Basketball or have the same personnel like Atlanta.Gay is a better scorer than anyone on our roster. Josh shouldn't score more than 15 ppg on most playoff rosters, Horford can't create is own shot so no matter of all the good he does off the ball it doesn't matter without a PG and Joe prove to you that he's not going to play outside of himself. Of course he can get the shots in Atlanta. Everyone who wants shots in Atlanta gets shots. As many as you want as long as you score, everything is fine.Jamal running point on offense was better than Jeff running it. Better in the PnR, better offensive threat, and better team scoring. Our defense is what sucked when Jamal was at the point especially with the PnR. He also wasn't good enough on offense to justify it most of the time which is why he only played PG at the end of games and when we needed offense.O.J. is much better than what he is right now. I am willing to take a bet if we landed him on that too and will gladly take all of your money. Edited by nbasuperstar40

You left off one option that is the reason we do not have any of the type players you listed. They have not drafted very well. To say they have not tried is extremely judgemental and not very realistic, if you consider they have spent so many picks on PG's.Royal IveySalim Stoudamire PG/SG that d*ck Vitale called the steal of the draftAcie LawJeff Teague

Edited by Buzzard

You left off one option that is the reason we do not have any of the type players you listed. They have not drafted very well. To say they have not tried is extremely judgemental and not very realistic, if you consider they have spent so many picks on PG's.Royal IveySalim Stoudamire PG/SG that d*ck Vitale called the steal of the draftAcie LawJeff Teague

Don't forget the great white hype Dan Dickau!

We drafted Ivey? Wow, I forgot about that. :-(

Why does this thread continue to go on??? Seriously I am to the point where I'm so tired of hearing this baseless garbage about Teague and Mayo and Conley and so on that I'm ready to put soup on ignore. And I've never, ever done that on here. Honestly any cred you had left in my eyes is just about gone after calling Teague trash and garbage.

I call Teague names when I read stuff like he's on the same plane as Jrue Holiday. I see a guy with no PG skills compared to guys who are just much better PG's. Teague is a quality player. He's not a scrub but at PG, he pisses me off just as much as the guys with little NBA talent like Bimbo Coles. Being that I am a PG, this hurts my heart to see Jeff play and play a lot as a starting PG. It's like JaVale McGee for Washington. He's has talent but has no business with this personnel playing this type of mins, when he's this type of player.I wish I could put Jeff as a starting PG on ignore.

I did forget about him!

Acie was the only one I thought could be good. He failed because he wasn't elite at anything, was a poor shooter, and his IQ wasn't that good. He went to the wrong team for his development. He needed to go to a stacked team where he can be a role player than grow into being a starter but oh well.If you are a PG and you don't have anything elite, avoid bad teams or teams without a system with a passion. He really had some talent too but he needed to grow and grow with a team that fit him. Oh well. He wasn't a bad pick, just a bad fit. You can't blame Atlanta on that one. They took the 2nd best PG in the draft from a talent and readiness standpoint.

• Premium Member

Speedy worked with CP3, why isn't he CP3. So did Collison, why isn't he CP3. Smoove worked with Hakeem, he looks like Hakeem right? Come on, you have a skill-set. That's who you are. He can't run a PnR because he can't shoot after a pick, has low BBIQ, Can't pass, hell all he can do with a screen is drive. He only has court vision when he drives. That's not really something you can change. That's something guys like Louis Williams has. Court vision only when slashing. I have about as much faith in Jeff as a starting PG as I had in Bimbo Coles.

You can't dismiss how good mentoring helps a player. Period. Smoove did work with Hakeem. We don't know how long but Smoove's game has improved year by year. Hakeem worked out with Moses Malone. And Moses Malone helped mold Hakeem.Most all of the great Big Men in the NBA has been tutored by Pete Newell.Learning from these PGs won't change Teague's physical traits, but it will change his awareness. You would rather your player any player just remain ignorant?http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT5F0JpJS4E&feature=relatedhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbq2L4-nOZ4&feature=relmfu Edited by Diesel

Moses Malone was teaching a player with elite talent. Nothing about Jeff is elite outside of his quickness, ability to get steals, stamina and speed. If CP3 is some type of magic, everyone would send their players to superstars so they can become superstars. Believe I have played this game for a long time, it doesn't work like that. NY can sent Shumpert to Nash or CP3 everyday and Shump will never run an effective PnR as a starting PG still. You can sent Nash to Dumars and say, Dumars make Nash into an All NBA defender, it doesn't work that way. Why is it so hard to except Jeff for what he is? What he is at PG is what Smoove is at SF. Not saying he can't play the position but as a starter, that's extremely tough especially with a personnel grouping where most can't even create their own shot.Pete Newell also coached a lot of scrub bigs as well and they are still scrub bigs.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Why does this thread continue to go on??? Seriously I am to the point where I'm so tired of hearing this baseless garbage about Teague and Mayo and Conley and so on that I'm ready to put soup on ignore. And I've never, ever done that on here. Honestly any cred you had left in my eyes is just about gone after calling Teague trash and garbage.

Don't forget rating Conley above Nash and Rondo.

Ok, first things first, Conley was picked 4th and Teague was picked 19th. Conley is better than Teague. Where is the insight here? Of course he is, he was picked 15 spots higher than Teague. However, I think Teague is playing better than a 19 pick and Conley is playing to the level of a 4 pick. I would love to get Conley. I really would, but I don't see how we do that. I guess we could have picked him over Horford, but then having a PnR PG wouldn't really do much for us.It is easy to figure out what the problem with a player or team is. It is difficult to figure out how to fix it. I think everyone here would be far more interested in this thread if you offered some resolution on our point guard problem. You say we need a PnR PG. Well, I agree. You give a list of players that are better than Teague. Well, I agree. So, how do you propose that we get our PnR PG? We don't have the 4th pick in the draft. Most of those PGs you mentioned aren't going any where. We are most likely going to be over the luxury tax this year if we even contemplate about being decent. We have some quality players we could trade, but few that we would want to trade. We don't have the young talent that other teams are dying for.So, again, how would you fix our team?

Don't forget rating Conley above Nash and Rondo.

I would take Conley above Nash and Rondo. Especially if I started a team from scratch. You don't have to agree. I prefer Conley. Less weaknesses than Nash and Rondo. That intrigues me.

Hey, in name Nash and Rondo>Conley but Conley is a GREAT PG. But any woo, we need a real PG.

• Moderators

This might be the worse NBA franchise in the history of the NBA. Never has a franchise been so stupid.

Sorry, this is just silly venting. I understand the frustration but..."no." The LAC Clippers have been around since 1984 and have twice advanced to the second round of the playoffs. The all-time LAC winning % is 35.7%. They have made the playoffs a total of 5 times. Don't compare the Atlanta Hawks to the Clippers (who are the all-time worst franchise and who have peaked this season with a second round playoff sweep as their arguably best ever team).

Sorry, this is just silly venting. I understand the frustration but..."no." The LAC Clippers have been around since 1984 and have twice advanced to the second round of the playoffs. The all-time LAC winning % is 35.7%. They have made the playoffs a total of 5 times. Don't compare the Atlanta Hawks to the Clippers (who are the all-time worst franchise and who have peaked this season with a second round playoff sweep as their arguably best ever team).

The Hawks have a dandy win percentage but the last time we had a shot was when we were in St. Louis.LAC is a terrible terrible franchise but looking at them now, they have two All Star starters, one of which is a future HOF and a top 5 PG in the NBA who is also elite. When was the last time we had an All Star starter and no one growing up wanted to be Deke. No one, it was almost like saying you suck.

When was the last time we had an All Star starter and no one growing up wanted to be Deke. No one, it was almost like saying you suck.

Ha, not trying to troll here but just wanted to say that Deke is my favorite player to ever play in the NBA. I got a Deke jersey when I was 13 and still wear sometimes even though it's an extremely tight squeeze. I wanted to be Deke growing up so much that I'd lower the basketball goal in our driveway so I could block my little brothers' shots every time even if it was goal tending so I could do the finger wag in their face. I mean check out my user name for goodness sake!