• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sources: Sund intends to stay with Hawks

yungsta

Short term deal for the coach and GM can only mean they are going to try and sell the team again this offseason. New owner would want their own coach and GM....Sell, sell, sell.

It could also just mean they're giving the GM and coach and possibly players 1 more year to make this work before keeping them long term or replacing them.

• Moderators

It could also just mean they're giving the GM and coach and possibly players 1 more year to make this work before keeping them long term or replacing them.

That's true but i'm thinking they are trying to sell and LD and Sund are fully aware. Sund is close to retirement so i don't think he cares that much but LD hasn't even mentioned an extension that i've heard. If he felt these were going to be the owners long term I would think he'd be asking for an extension. Instead i think like all of us he is hoping for a new owner. Of course, new owner often means new coach but LD maybe confident enough that he is making this team better.

Given BK's track record, we could have went with the Draft Express rankings and did a lot better than Childress or Shelden. Marvin was a toss up just about everywhere with him and Paul. Marvins upside vs Pauls ready for the NBA talent; but both Shelden and Chilz had several better players listed above them in their rankings...

Speaking of Chillz, he set an interesting NBA record this year by playing the most minutes without making a FT for the entire season! Of course he only had 2 attempts, but in nearly 500 minutes that's pretty damned sad!!
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With Smoove and Marvin's contracts expiring at the end of next season, this could be the plan. Sell the team to someone who wants a fresh start. A new owner would want to put in their own GM and HC... I just hope its not going to be someone wanting to bring the Supersonics back...

With Smoove and Marvin's contracts expiring at the end of next season, this could be the plan. Sell the team to someone who wants a fresh start. A new owner would want to put in their own GM and HC... I just hope its not going to be someone wanting to bring the Supersonics back...

Nah, they want to go after Kings for that besides I think that Hawks is locked in at Phillips until 2025 (?) and the owner that wants to move the Hawks will have to pay alot of money for that. i think that Hawks is going to get sold but hopefully to local person or somebody that wants to keep the team here.