• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DORON LAMB, come on down! (the 2012 NBA Draft steal!)

I think we have a good chance of SG Doron Lamb (6'4 210lb) falling into our hands at #23 pick on draft night. He's a knock-down shooter (46% 3pt, 47% FG) with good vision off the pick and roll. His game is very finess on the drive, with a soft touch on his floater. The kid looks like JJ with a little more fire and emotion. I would definitely slide him at the shooting guard spot and allow JJ to play SF where he's been much more effective. This kid will thrive in LD's motion system. I like his aggressiveness on defense. What do you guys think?

I didn't watch much college ball this year, but having said that I think our most pressing need is size - Rebounding and Defense.

To be honest, I think we need more scoring threats that can add spacing to the floor. And I think that's one of the reasons why they're bringing Sergiy to the states. We are a good team when we're scoring from the outside. It gives our slashers room to attack the bigs. Think about how well we played when Pargo and Green were hot from the outside. Defenses could no longer collapse and clog the paint. As far as size, I totally agree but I think management will go for younger talent do to the amount of injuries our veterans had throughout the season.

• Moderators

I would be excited to see us take Lamb since I am a fan and the kid is a cold-blooded assassin, but someone who really intrigues me is Royce White. I didn't see a ton of him this year, but he was a revelation in his game against UK. He could be a long-term answer at SF. If it weren't for his anxiety disorder, I could see him going in the lottery. He has the skills.

• Premium Member

I would be excited to see us take Lamb since I am a fan and the kid is a cold-blooded assassin, but someone who really intrigues me is Royce White. I didn't see a ton of him this year, but he was a revelation in his game against UK. He could be a long-term answer at SF. If it weren't for his anxiety disorder, I could see him going in the lottery. He has the skills.

Royce would be a lottery pick if not for the anxiety disorder. But his disorder is a HUGE issue. Lamb is a guy I know the Hawks have to be looking at. They love shooters and Lamb is certainly a shooter. He could contribute right now. I thought he was a little small at first, but he measured 6'5" in shoes with a 6'7" wingspan. That's not bad at all for a SG that can also take on PG responsibilities in a pinch. He has a really smooth and intelligent game and doesn't force things. Not a sexy pick but is comparable to Bradley who is projected to go top 5. Lamb looks like a borderline steal at 23. We need a legit big but I wouldn't be upset if the Hawks picked him at 23 or even traded to get him.

We could use the help scoring but our biggest need is size and rebounding. Even with a healthy Horf the season before we were still in the 20s as far as total rebounds per game and rebound differential.Until we get somewhere near or in the 10s in those two categories you can forget about us ever becoming a elite team. Scoring is fun and exciting, but the great scoring Suns never got past the 2nd round either.

Fab is really raw, I like Scottt Machado and Marshall but I think the Hawks are highest on Wroten.

We could use the help scoring but our biggest need is size and rebounding. Even with a healthy Horf the season before we were still in the 20s as far as total rebounds per game and rebound differential.Until we get somewhere near or in the 10s in those two categories you can forget about us ever becoming a elite team. Scoring is fun and exciting, but the great scoring Suns never got past the 2nd round either.

That is some of our biggest needs. I think in this draft you can address both in the 2nd round. Drew Gordon.

I think a defensive big can be picked up in the 2nd round of the draft. We could trade Marvin to Cleveland for their #3 or #4 pick in the early second round. I'm thinking Cleveland would be looking to dump a pick for a young veteran they've been high on for a while. With that early pick we could take big Festus Ezeli!! I have a feeling that a big will drop in the draft so that pick could become a quality selection. The good part is we will have another pick at #13. Or, we could trade up to the late 1st round by trading those two early second round picks. I think the teams near the end of the first round wouldn't mind loading up on picks in this deep draft.

I thought he was a little small at first, but he measured 6'5" in shoes with a 6'7" wingspan.

Are those legit measurements ?The NBA Combine is not until June 6 - 8 this year when official measurements come out. Of course some players are measured at amature camps before that.He definately gained about 20 pounds of needed weight between his fresh and soph years. Edited by coachx

Dolf, you seriously moved this topic to the NBA Draft Talk section? After keeping all of those other topics in the general discussion..? Lol. Come on man. I know you're the moderator but keep it consistent. Coachx, yeah he's a nice sized shooting guard. I like how he plays when guarded. He uses his body a lot to keep defenders at bay. I think he will be a draft gem, and the reason why Marvin will be ousted.

Dolf, you seriously moved this topic to the NBA Draft Talk section? After keeping all of those other topics in the general discussion..? Lol. Come on man. I know you're the moderator but keep it consistent.Coachx, yeah he's a nice sized shooting guard. I like how he plays when guarded. He uses his body a lot to keep defenders at bay. I think he will be a draft gem, and the reason why Marvin will be ousted.

First off, I can only move threads when I have time and am on a computer. Secondly, what is this topic about? The draft?? Then it belongs in the draft forum. Sometimes I wonder why it seems so confusing as to where a topic belongs.Talking about a Hawk player / coach / team: Goes in the main forumTalking about a non-Hawk player / coach / team: Goes in the around the nba forumTalking about the draft: Goes in the draft forumTalking about a rumored trade: Goes in the main forumTalking about a non-rumored trade: Goes in the trade forumI guess maybe this is my fault as there should be a pop up on every new topic created that says this since it never fails that we have to move 5-10 topics a day to the appropriate forum.

• Premium Member

Are those legit measurements ?

The NBA Combine is not until June 6 - 8 this year when official measurements come out. Of course some players are measured at amature camps before that.

He definately gained about 20 pounds of needed weight between his fresh and soph years.

Yep. I got those from either draftexpress or nbadraft.net. Those were his latest official measurements from some camp he was in. 6'5" with a great shooting stroke and decent handle is not bad at all at #23.

I like Doron Lamb as player. I watched a lot of kentucky games and he was pretty good. If the hawks draft him, I hope they give him a chance to play and not sit him on the bench like they did Jordan Crawford. If we take a big man with our first pick then i would like us to get Darius Miller in the second.