• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund a top-3 spender

ATLJA316

• Moderators

I totally do not understand that chart. It says payroll added per year 90,000,000 but nowhere is there a column or row that adds up to that number. I guess the point of this is we have a lot of high paid guys under contract? I can't see where we've added new salary in the last two years other than Hinrich.

We have spend money. I agree with that. We just haven't spent it wisely.

• Like 1

I totally do not understand that chart. It says payroll added per year 90,000,000 but nowhere is there a column or row that adds up to that number. I guess the point of this is we have a lot of high paid guys under contract? I can't see where we've added new salary in the last two years other than Hinrich.

Basically just means that we gave out a lot of big contracts under Sund that we're heavily committed to for the next several years.

The days of going into the luxury tax are over.The penalties are just too tough to pay the tax anymore. From what I undersan there is 150% tax for the first $5mill over the tax limit..........then it goes up an 25% for every additional $5 mill you go over the luxury tax threshold.If you are pay the luxury tax for 5 years in a row there are additional penalties placed on you.Oklahoma City will have some interesting decisons to make in 2013. Ibaka and "The Beared One" will both want max, or near max, deals with Durant and Westbrook also on max deals. Four guys on max deals is some big time luxury tax on the smallest market in the NBA.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

After the next season our only major contracts are Joe, Horford and Marvin. Kirk is off the books this summer, Josh and Zaza come off next year and of course our ragtag vet. min. deals are always just for one year.

The days of going into the luxury tax are over.The penalties are just too tough to pay the tax anymore. From what I undersan there is 150% tax for the first $5mill over the tax limit..........then it goes up an 25% for every additional $5 mill you go over the luxury tax threshold.If you are pay the luxury tax for 5 years in a row there are additional penalties placed on you.Oklahoma City will have some interesting decisons to make in 2013. Ibaka and "The Beared One" will both want max, or near max, deals with Durant and Westbrook also on max deals. Four guys on max deals is some big time luxury tax on the smallest market in the NBA.

Ibaka won't get anywhere near the max but he'll still probably get about $10 million or so starting out. Harden might get a big deal but I doubt it will be a max deal... although I suspect they'll have to do like Phoenix did and do a SnT with a team that wants him so that they can get some asssets without having to add his new contract to the books. Of course if they win a couple of championships then who knows they might keep the team together.

Harden is going nowhere. Ibaka might.

• Moderators

Basically just means that we gave out a lot of big contracts under Sund that we're heavily committed to for the next several years.

Thank you. So what this means is we're screwed for the next several years. NIce job Rick! (kidding)

If they win a chip, I expect both Ibaka and Harden to take considerable discounts to stay unlike everyone who left Phoenix and knew it was impossible with D'Antoni. The major factor differentiating Harden from Joe concerning a max deal is the ability to be a team's top perimeter defender, which Harden cannot, which is slightly more important and considerably more valuable than his advantage over Joe in almost everything else. If he stays, he'll get 45. Somewhere else, 65. Hell, Durant is the type to restructure or do whatever is allowed contractually to help out. Not sure about Westbrook.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Yeah, but at least they made it to the finals.....................