• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pacman vs. Bradley: Worst decision I've ever seen

HawkItus

I don't think the decision was that much, if any, worse than PacMan getting the "win" from the judges over Marquez in their last fight. Marquez dominated him in that fight and arguably won their previous fight as well. This is just karma... along with crooked scoring. Definitely a shame as boxing is, pardon the pun, already on the ropes from the UFC and MMA as a whole as far as fan interest goes and the last thing they need is more corruption.

I don't think the decision was that much, if any, worse than PacMan getting the "win" from the judges over Marquez in their last fight. Marquez dominated him in that fight and arguably won their previous fight as well. This is just karma... along with crooked scoring. Definitely a shame as boxing is, pardon the pun, already on the ropes from the UFC and MMA as a whole as far as fan interest goes and the last thing they need is more corruption.

Nah, can't agree. Saw the Marques fight and yes Pacman could have lost that via decision, but he was never hurt and because Marques style he had to take chances to score. Marques never hurt him though. Bradley won 3 rounds at the most.

Bradley was THOROUGHLY beaten by Pacquiao... I watched every second of this fight and was literally sitting there, stunned look on my face, at the score of the first judge (115-113 to Pacquiao) as none of us in the room thought it was even remotely close. When the 2nd judge had it 115-113 to bradley we were FLOORED, then the final judges score came in and we lost all faith in boxing.Boxing = irrelevant

Nah, can't agree. Saw the Marques fight and yes Pacman could have lost that via decision, but he was never hurt and because Marques style he had to take chances to score. Marques never hurt him though. Bradley won 3 rounds at the most.

This fight was a lot more obvious that the wrong decision was made, but there's no way that Pacman won that last fight with Marquez, and that's me being a HUGE Pacman fan and wanting him to win.

• Moderators

I did read something pointing out that the group that has Pacman signed:(a) Only has him for less than one more year (meaning this is their window to make money off Pacman and that will be gone in a year);(b) Makes massively more money when one of their own guys (like Bradley) fights Pacman than if Pacman were to fight someone like Mayweather (the increased sales wouldn't cover cutting their commission in 1/2);(c.) Has no viable alternatives to fight Pacman in-house if Bradley had lost; and(d) Will make a ton of money from the re-match(es) since this injustice will drive much more interest in the rematch than the original fight.It is a conspiracy theory that makes me seriously pause given that fixing fights for these types of reasons is a long tradition in boxing.

...and it's the points you just made that make Bob Arum's "Fuming rants" just that much more perplexing.Either Arum is playing us all for fools and laughing all the way to the bank, or boxing is just that corrupt...This fight stinks of dead fish and loose women.

• Premium Member

Marquez/Pacquiao was a very close fight. Neither boxer really hurt the other badly during the match. Pacquiao landed more punches, Marquez landed more "good" punches. It was an "either way" fight, depending on what you value more when watching a match.Bradley/Pacquiao, on the other hand, was a completely one sided fight. Pacquiao knocked Bradley back several times with flush lefts, while Bradley didn't land a single power shots or combinations. Pacquiao landed more total punches and landed a higher percentage of the punches he threw. There wasn't a single significant aspect of the fight where Bradley was better than Pacquiao.Marquez/Pacquiao was a fight that pretty much everyone saw as close, so a MD in favor of Pacquiao is not an unexpected outcome. Bradley/Pacquiao was in a whole different ballpark. This was a Holyfield/Lewis level bad decision. Worse, because at least in THAT fight, the judges issued a draw rather than a decision in favor of the worse fighter. Edited by niremetal