• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

I am a big fan of Conley. He is quality point guard and very underrated. He has been really improving every year.

I strongly considered Conley back at pick #81 but went with Knight for his youth and upside.........but Conley is definately the better player, of the two, today.

I strongly considered Conley back at pick #81 but went with Knight for his youth and upside.........but Conley is definately the better player, of the two, today.

I think Knight was the better pick to be the backup PG. Not sure how the chemistry of the team will go with taking a long time starting PG and putting him on the bench.

We are flying through this round now and for good reason, big time talent going left and right. I knew not one of theses guys would make it back around another 28 picks so I just have to look and weep lmao.

Any thoughts on reducing the time between picks now that we're about to start the 2nd half of the draft? JayBird needs to get her booty on here and make her pick, which will invariably be someone that we'll all go "dang nice pick"!

• Moderators

Any thoughts on reducing the time between picks now that we're about to start the 2nd half of the draft?

My personal view would be to keep the status quo. People have other things going on in their lives and we have plenty of time this summer. I would rather we go a bit slower than have more people missing their pick and throwing the balance of the draft off-kilter.I am open to other people's views on this, though. My view is that if people want to speed up the draft they can just monitor things a bit more closely and move more quickly, and we will continue to see stretches of that along with some delays if things continue like last year.

My personal view would be to keep the status quo. People have other things going on in their lives and we have plenty of time this summer. I would rather we go a bit slower than have more people missing their pick and throwing the balance of the draft off-kilter.I am open to other people's views on this, though. My view is that if people want to speed up the draft they can just monitor things a bit more closely and move more quickly, and we will continue to see stretches of that along with some delays if things continue like last year.

That sounds fair... but I'm impatient and ready to draft! It seems that every time it comes my time to draft I've got something going on and when I have free time I'm just sitting here waiting to pick LOL.

My timing has been good so far but I can do this from work also. I think 8 hrs is fair and have been involved in much slower paced ones that gave each player 12hr to pick but without a cut off business hour type of rule.I know one long time GM who would purposely pick so your time started while you were sleeping and he was hoping you would not have time to pick that morning for work related reasons. Some people are cold blooded about their fantasy drafts lmao.

Any thoughts on reducing the time between picks now that we're about to start the 2nd half of the draft?

JayBird needs to get her booty on here and make her pick, which will invariably be someone that we'll all go "dang nice pick"!

Ha ha ha...sorry for the delay guys, but when I was available to make my pick I could not get unto the 'squawk, network error kept popping up. Will make my post shortly.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Ha ha ha...sorry for the delay guys, but when I was available to make my pick I could not get unto the 'squawk, network error kept popping up. Will make my post shortly.

I got a database driver error for about a hour.

With the 94th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

Thaddeus Young, F 6’-8”, 220lbs

Talented young lefty combo forward with excellent physical attributes. Shoots a high percentage inside the arc (50.9%) , and makes a respectable amount of his outside attempts as well. Excellent in transition, regularly beats opponents down the floor. Very effective facing up from the perimeter and blowing by his opponent thanks to his first step. Has all kinds of nifty spin-moves and pivots in his arsenal, as well as the touch to convert tough shots around the basket.

Maybe a bit undersized for the power forward slot but has the length and athleticism to compensate defensively and still emerge as a big time mismatch on the offensive end. Extremely fluid, explosive player who out-quicks opponents on a regular basis with his activity level.

Supporter has been notified.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

With the 94th pick in the 2012 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The JaybirdHawk Hustlers select:

Thaddeus Young, F 6’-8”, 220lbs

Talented young lefty combo forward with excellent physical attributes. Shoots a high percentage inside the arc (50.9%) , and makes a respectable amount of his outside attempts as well. Excellent in transition, regularly beats opponents down the floor. Very effective facing up from the perimeter and blowing by his opponent thanks to his first step. Has all kinds of nifty spin-moves and pivots in his arsenal, as well as the touch to convert tough shots around the basket.

Maybe a bit undersized for the power forward slot but has the length and athleticism to compensate defensively and still emerge as a big time mismatch on the offensive end. Extremely fluid, explosive player who out-quicks opponents on a regular basis with his activity level.

Supporter has been notified.

Thad is a solid role player and will be great coming off your bench. He is young with still a little upside left in him.

• Moderators

Leave it as-is. As you said, not everyone has access to Hawksquawk throughout the day, so keeping the status quo is a good idea.The only thing I'd like to add is a 14th round, so that we can "draft" an ownership group to support our teams... that way we can argue about whose team will spend the money to improve and stay together over the next ten years and whose will not. IDK, maybe an addition for the 2013 Summer Dynasty draft...

I got a database driver error for about a hour.

Sorry guys the website hosts only gave me about 5 minutes notice earlier today that a drive in SQL server was dying and had to be changed. That's why you might have seen an error before 5:15pm EST today... but definitely explains why the site was down from 5:15 until about 7:15 or so.

Leave it as-is. As you said, not everyone has access to Hawksquawk throughout the day, so keeping the status quo is a good idea.

The only thing I'd like to add is a 14th round, so that we can "draft" an ownership group to support our teams... that way we can argue about whose team will spend the money to improve and stay together over the next ten years and whose will not. IDK, maybe an addition for the 2013 Summer Dynasty draft...

Ownership is an interesting idea! I'd be all for adding it this year.

Alright, Alright Allllriiiiiiiight....

Seems like it is time to pick my 6th & 7th men...

So here goes... With the final pick in 2012 Hawksquawk Summer Offseason Draft... The Youth Movement selects...

SG - OJ MAYO

- We here at The Youth Movement understand that a player can have a down year, and yet still be EXTREMELY talented and capable; we see Mayo as that guy who simply needs a change of scenery and a vocal leader (Durant)... With him coming off of the bench we believe TYM has an extremely capable scorer and 2nd-Unit "pick-us-up" type player.

Welcome to the MOVEMENT...

With the 1st pick in the 7th Round... THE YOUTH MOVEMENT actually goes young...

C - ANDRE DRUMMOND from UCONN

- We understand we may be taking a bit of risk with this pick; what with several more proven bigs out there, but this is a move made with our eyes toward the future. Our hopes are that Drummond can come in and learn NBA defense from Serge Ibaka, a spot-up game from Chris Bosh, and the killer-instinct from Kevin Durant. We're ecstatic to hopefully have our center of the future!

THE YOUTH MOVEMENT

PG - Kyle Lowry

SG - Tyreke Evans

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Chris Bosh

C - Serge Ibaka

6th - Hold the Mayo (SG)

7th - Andre Drummond ©

Alright, Alright Allllriiiiiiiight....

Seems like it is time to pick my 6th & 7th men...

So here goes... With the final pick in 2012 Hawksquawk Summer Offseason Draft... The Youth Movement selects...

SG - OJ MAYO

- We here at The Youth Movement understand that a player can have a down year, and yet still be EXTREMELY talented and capable; we see Mayo as that guy who simply needs a change of scenery and a vocal leader (Durant)... With him coming off of the bench we believe TYM has an extremely capable scorer and 2nd-Unit "pick-us-up" type player.

Welcome to the MOVEMENT...

Mayos gone man about two rounds ago.

Mayo was taken at pick #75.I was strongly considering taking Drummond at pick #80 but only if Tim Duncan was left on the board for my 81st pick to help tutor Drummond and for production in year 1 and maybe 2. Once Duncan came off th board around #78 I decided to take guaranteed production with DeAndre Jordan for my center.Drummond could be 5 X better then Jordan............or 1/2 as good but he is an excellent pick at this stage.

Edited by coachx