• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Hawks amnesty Joe? Can't afford to miss out on this opportunity

ATLscrubLove

Sorry guys I will read up more on a topic before I decide to post about it. My idea would be ok if this was the only year to amnesty, but we are gonna owe Joe too much either way so the Hawks might as well wait to see if Joe will show up next season.

Sorry guys I will read up more on a topic before I decide to post about it. My idea would be ok if this was the only year to amnesty, but we are gonna owe Joe too much either way so the Hawks might as well wait to see if Joe will show up next season.

No worries. We've talked about amnestying Joe all year and their are people who are in one camp or another about it. You just gotta realize the ASG would have to pay Joe 10 million or so to play for someone else and we wouldn't have money to replace him.
  • Like 1

Yea so it's only logical that we keep him If we are going to have to pay him anyways. I just hope he has a better season and takes back the leadership role the Hawks have wanted and need from him.

• Premium Member

Guys cool it on the troll remarks. Everyone are entitled to their opinion. Lets try and respect that.

I would love if you could find some way to ban alternate accounts like this guy here. I can't stand posters who hide behind troll accounts and this guy completely smells of one.

I would love if you could find some way to ban alternate accounts like this guy here. I can't stand posters who hide behind troll accounts and this guy completely smells of one.

This is what bugs me is that you guys automatically assume that. I hand approve every single account after doing multiple IP address checks and review IP addresses for duplicates when people post suspicious messages and while this person may seem like an alter ego to some I can assure you that his / her account is unique. I'd think that you of all people wouldn't be so quick to judge on here... just something to think about. So please respect that I'm doing the most that can be done and don't jump on new posters just because you don't agree with them.

If I were a troll I'd either just repost posts that someone has just put up, post Mr.Trololol vids as comments, or post things that were completely inaccurate like saying Kobe to Atl or something stupid like that.

• Premium Member

This is what bugs me is that you guys automatically assume that. I hand approve every single account after doing multiple IP address checks and review IP addresses for duplicates when people post suspicious messages and while this person may seem like an alter ego to some I can assure you that his / her account is unique. I'd think that you of all people wouldn't be so quick to judge on here... just something to think about. So please respect that I'm doing the most that can be done and don't jump on new posters just because you don't agree with them.

It was people using multiple alt accounts on the old boards that were sending me death threats via PM if you recall. My natural suspicion of any new account that sounds like a broken record of some other posters without any "hi I'm new here" introduction is going to be high as a result. If this really is a new guy then I apologize for jumping on him. If this is another poster using IP spoofs to make an alt account then I suggest they grow up and stop it.I'm glad to see you are doing some IP validating after the fiasco that caused me to leave years back.

If I were a troll I'd either just repost posts that someone has just put up, post Mr.Trololol vids as comments, or post things that were completely inaccurate like saying Kobe to Atl or something stupid like that.

You already posted something completely inaccurate. You claims Joe Johnson was scoring in single digits in "a lot of games" and that is completely untrue.

I believe if anyone is trolling here it would be you. You are continually commenting on my post, I didn't ask you to. If you know its not true or if its a bad post then say it. But Im not the one trolling here. Plus I can't remember his exact stat sheet for every single game played... I just know most games were very low and it seemed to generally be around the 10-14 points range. He is an overpaid scrub that isn't a genuine leader.

• Premium Member

I believe if anyone is trolling here it would be you. You are continually commenting on my post, I didn't ask you to. If you know its not true or if its a bad post then say it. But Im not the one trolling here.Plus I can't remember his exact stat sheet for every single game played... I just know most games were very low and it seemed to generally be around the 10-14 points range. He is an overpaid scrub that isn't a genuine leader.

I'm trolling you by bringing up hard cold facts that show how utterly and completely wrong you are? Riiiiight. And you still go on to state this gibberish about him scoring low in "most games" when he only scored 10 or less points seven times in sixty games. That's a little over four percent. You don't need to remember every stat sheet to know saying something like that is simply absurd.

Either way is Joe averaging what he should a game? absolutely not. He should be getting at least 20-25 PPG. That's the truth. Just because I was off by a few points doesn't mean much. He isn't putting out quality numbers therefore he is a scrub, and you are a troll.

• Premium Member

Either way is Joe averaging what he should a game? absolutely not. He should be getting at least 20-25 PPG. That's the truth. Just because I was off by a few points doesn't mean much. He isn't putting out quality numbers therefore he is a scrub, and you are a troll.

He's not a scrub nor am I the troll. You are the one talking nonsense and then getting offended when someone calls you out on it. Joe should be averaging around 20/5/5 because that's what he is as a player. He was i believe 18.8/4/5/3 this year off the top of my head which I agree is not where he should have been but when you consider he was injured twice in the year that's not all that bad. He absolutely is not a "scrub" and he is putting up quality numbers. He's never going to be worth the deal he got but that's not his fault. Blame our ownership for offering him the deal.

I'm trolling you by bringing up hard cold facts that show how utterly and completely wrong you are? Riiiiight. And you still go on to state this gibberish about him scoring low in "most games" when he only scored 10 or less points seven times in sixty games. That's a little over four percent. You don't need to remember every stat sheet to know saying something like that is simply absurd.

That's 11.67% Sothron, not 4 %. 7/60=.1167Still not overwhelming but it isn't 4%.Now...everyone who knows anything about me on this board knows I am not a fan of JJ's contract or his style of play but as multiple posters have pointed out, Amnesty is not the way to go.First of all, regardless of whether or not you amnesty Joe you will be somewhere between the cap and the LT when you complete the roster. Every dollar of Joe's salary not picked up by the bidding team, you still have to pay. It just doesn't count against the cap/LT. But in essence it is almost the same cost as a Luxury Tax infraction. The only difference is you don't incur multiple year penalties.The "answer" with JJ is to take back shorter bad contracts and a draft pick in exchange for someone taking on the albatross. The perfect trade partner this year is Golden State who have Biedrins and JRich whose combined salary is = to JJ's but half as long and are easier to move individually. GS has the 7th pick in the draft and are in desperate need of a veteran SG/SF to help them take the next step.Three possible scenarios come to mind.Biedrins and #7 for JJ orJRich and #7 for JJ orBiedrins, JRich, #7 and #30 for JJ and #43.I prefer trade 3 and would give youTeague???/JRichSmith/MarvinHorfordPachulia/BiedrinsPicks 7, 23 and 30. Of which you pick either a PG/SG at 7, Fab Melo at 23 and best player available at 30. You have 10 players under contract and have spent about 66 million. You need 3 players and have 6 million to spend. That is your best case scenario.Amnesty Joe and you can't even get this.One more note on GS. They have a 3 million dollar trade exception they need to use. Edited by thecampster

I mind the deal now, but then giving him a max deal wasn't that bad. It just seems to me that he isn't as clutch as he was before be got the deal. Maybe its just me though, maybe since I feel he isn't worth the contract that if he doesn't get superstar numbers than he is a scrub. You're right he isn't a scrub but he needs someone else to help him on the court. Having Horford back will definitely help his ability to score.

I mind the deal now, but then giving him a max deal wasn't that bad. It just seems to me that he isn't as clutch as he was before be got the deal. Maybe its just me though, maybe since I feel he isn't worth the contract that if he doesn't get superstar numbers than he is a scrub. You're right he isn't a scrub but he needs someone else to help him on the court. Having Horford back will definitely help his ability to score.

You also have to account for the fact that before he got the contract, we were really ISO heavy with Woody. LD's so-called motion offense changed that to some degree where Al and Josh and Teague shot the ball more which would also mean less shot attempts for Joe.