• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Report: Atlanta is actively pursuing Josh Smith for Pau Gasol trade

Sothron

• Premium Member

This is actual news not a scenario:The Hawks "have been pursuing" Pau Gasol, according to Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times, and if a deal were struck Josh Smith would be the "key piece" going to the Lakers.Bresnahan states that nothing is imminent, but this rumor is intriguing given Smith's standing trade request with the Hawks, and the Lakers' ongoing attempts to trade Gasol.There's also another report:The Lakers have reportedly been gauging Pau Gasol's trade value this week, seeking a top-10 pick and "an established player" in return.Josh Smith has since been linked to a possible Gasol trade to the Hawks, but no deal is imminent. A team like the Rockets might also be willing to splurge for Gasol as their team's centerpiece, but he'd come at a very steep price -- L.A. wants to extract major assets for him, and he's owed $38 million over the next two years.The key difference in the two reports is that one is claiming the HAWKS are the ones asking for Gasol.

LA Times? I call BS. They always say someone is actively pursuing a bad deal in the Lakers favor.

• Like 1

LA Times for the Lakers and NY post for the Knicks are terrible. They tried to say GS is interested in Amare. Of course it wasn't true.

AJC is reporting that Orlando is pursuing Atlanta in a trade for Dwight Howard. They are looking for vets. They want a SG and a PF. Josh Smith and Joe Johnson are targets. Orlando is very intrigued. Anyone can do what LA and NY media do.

• Admin

Gasol is a much better fit here then Josh. The only things I don't like about Gasol is his age and contract. Talent wise it is a great fit for both teams. Josh would do better in LA. I think a player with a dominant personality like Kobe could get him to stop the jumpers and go inside.

Gasol would be a garbage fit.

I just seen this on realgm: A HS goofball:

HawksJosh Smith & TeagueMarvin Williams + future pick for Dorrell WrightPG - Tony WrotenSG - Joe JohnsonSF- Dorrell WrightPF- Al HorfordC- Pau GasolI'll take my chances in East

In replyMostly everyone else with common sense:

Seems like a first round exit to me.

Pau Gasol Hawks fans have really wrap their minds up of something so stupid I can't even put into words.

• Premium Member

Josh, Marvin & a 1st is too much for Pau "Cotton Soft" Gasol.

• Like 3

Combine this with the other rumor floating around and maybe this works for both sides.....

Atlanta in: Pau Gasol, #30 (from G.S.)

L.A. in: Josh Smith, Andris Biedrins, #7 (from G.S.)

Golden State in: Marvin Williams

Why Atlanta does it: They get a true post player to play inside out basketball. Horford is not a post player, but a solid shooter for a big man. Gasol and Horf can spread the floor as big men; however Gasol's post game is something this team completely lacks. This deal rids us of Marvin's contract as well giving us a few years of solid production before Gasol's contract ends and Joe's nears an end.

Why Lakers do it: They get younger with both Josh and the #7 pick. They have to take on Biedrins' crap contract, but they've got the $ to do it. They can use that pick to solidify their squad or make an impressive offer to Orlando (Bynum and #7 for Dwight).....

Why Golden State does it: They do give up 2 first rounders for an underachieving SF, but Marvin is a guy that fits well into Marc Jackson's system and they get rid in Biedrins' contract. He improves their size and defense instantly.

We can use our 1st rounder on Jared Sullinger, Draymond Green, Fab Melo, Will Barton. These are all guys projected to be available at that spot. We can use Golden State's pick on Jeff Taylor who is projected by some to still be available. Our 2nd rounder could be used on a shooter like Hollis Thompson, an energy guy like Kris Joseph, or a back up big man with a post game like Robert Sacre (assuming we don't take Sullinger or Melo)

Combine this with the other rumor floating around and maybe this works for both sides.....

Atlanta in: Pau Gasol, #30 (from G.S.)

L.A. in: Josh Smith, Andris Biedrins, #7 (from G.S.)

Golden State in: Marvin Williams

Why Atlanta does it: They get a true post player to play inside out basketball. Horford is not a post player, but a solid shooter for a big man. Gasol and Horf can spread the floor as big men; however Gasol's post game is something this team completely lacks. This deal rids us of Marvin's contract as well giving us a few years of solid production before Gasol's contract ends and Joe's nears an end.

Why Lakers do it: They get younger with both Josh and the #7 pick. They have to take on Biedrins' crap contract, but they've got the $ to do it. They can use that pick to solidify their squad or make an impressive offer to Orlando (Bynum and #7 for Dwight).....

Why Golden State does it: They do give up 2 first rounders for an underachieving SF, but Marvin is a guy that fits well into Marc Jackson's system and they get rid in Biedrins' contract. He improves their size and defense instantly.

We can use our 1st rounder on Jared Sullinger, Draymond Green, Fab Melo, Will Barton. These are all guys projected to be available at that spot. We can use Golden State's pick on Jeff Taylor who is projected by some to still be available. Our 2nd rounder could be used on a shooter like Hollis Thompson, an energy guy like Kris Joseph, or a back up big man with a post game like Robert Sacre (assuming we don't take Sullinger or Melo)

What in the world of f is this. No wonder why the font is small. This is horrible my friend. In fact

Posted Image

No mas Pau Gasol.