• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Interested in Trading for Drummond?

AHF

I have real reservations about Drummond. UConn is good at getting these big guys, but they never make good pros. Calhoun is good at producing wing players but not so good at developing big men. I say this as a UConn grad and fan.

If we get Drummond we need another coach. No way do I trust LD to maximize his potential.

QFT!I don't think Drew lasts the year. Ferry is going to want to put in his own guy, but now is not the time to make that change. There are just too many things that Ferry has to get in place.

• Premium Member

Ok... I have to say this.Harrison Barnes and Drummond are Fools gold.These guys have the physique but the desire is not there.These guys don't have the work ethic.There are only two guys in this draft...Davis and Gilchrist.Everybody else is a big project.I'd rather save Smoove for a better draft pick and hope that I get a shot at Percy Jones III... he's going to sink like a rock.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Ok... I have to say this.Harrison Barnes and Drummond are Fools gold.These guys have the physique but the desire is not there.These guys don't have the work ethic.There are only two guys in this draft...Davis and Gilchrist.Everybody else is a big project.I'd rather save Smoove for a better draft pick and hope that I get a shot at Percy Jones III... he's going to sink like a rock.

I agree with you about Drummond and Barnes. I don't think everyone else in the draft is a project though. Maybe to an extent, but there are some players that can contribute immediately.A guy everyone is sleeping on is Jae Crowder from Marquette. He may never be more than a role player, but he is a guy that can come in and immediately give the team efficient off the ball offense and perimeter defense.

• Moderators

I agree with you about Drummond and Barnes. I don't think everyone else in the draft is a project though. Maybe to an extent, but there are some players that can contribute immediately.

I am likewise pretty lukewarm about Barnes and Drummond. Drummond has both the lower floor and higher ceiling and since I view his ceiling as much higher I would take the gamble on him if I had to but they both scare me for where you have to draft them.David, MKG, Beal, Lillard and Robinson are all guys I like a lot - particularly the first three. I am also very confident there will be other studs and immediate impact players in the draft but sorting them out is tough (at least for me).

• Moderators

I'd rather us take our chances on Melo or Ezeli than to dump the team for a project. We can always go after Drummond later in FA if he does pan out. If we are going to go after a pick that high, I'd rather draft Beal or the likes or just go after the 10th-12th and get Zeller or Leonard.

• Like 2

I'd rather us take our chances on Melo or Ezeli than to dump the team for a project. We can always go after Drummond later in FA if he does pan out. If we are going to go after a pick that high, I'd rather draft Beal or the likes or just go after the 10th-12th and get Zeller or Leonard.

co-sign

It is all about what you have to give to get to the spot. I am not interested in trading Josh or Al anyone else to get to Drummond is fine. Festus and Fab are both projects and older.

If we go after him then, he will probably be one of the best players in the league and he will have to dump the team then. Beal fits a team that use screens a lot. Drummond is the best center prospect in this draft and next year too. If he is not a impact this year then we need to hire Stan Van Gundy next year to develop him or maybe a guy like Patrick Ewing.

If we go after him then, he will probably be one of the best players in the league and he will have to dump the team then. Beal fits a team that use screens a lot. Drummond is the best center prospect in this draft and next year too. If he is not a impact this year then we need to hire Stan Van Gundy next year to develop him or maybe a guy like Patrick Ewing.

I know some scouts have him as a good prospect, but I would be very cautious about taking a guy like him. See Thabeet as a prime example.

It is all about what you have to give to get to the spot. I am not interested in trading Josh or Al anyone else to get to Drummond is fine. Festus and Fab are both projects and older.

Drummond is better than both of these guy. Festus is a senior and his numbers are very similar to Drummond which show how untalented he is. Fab is athletics but if I had a choice i would like Drummond.

• Moderators

We can always go after Drummond later in FA if he does pan out.

Ummm....you can't always pick up a true center in FA. In fact, they usually don't become available in FA because they are a priority for their current team to resign. I don't like Drummond, but if it were that easy we could have just signed Marc Gasol or Andrew Bynum or one of the other project centers who panned out.

Ummm....you can't always pick up a true center in FA. In fact, they usually don't become available in FA because they are a priority for their current team to resign. I don't like Drummond, but if it were that easy we could have just signed Marc Gasol or Andrew Bynum or one of the other project centers who panned out.

True that, double true!

I wouldn't mind this deal but I hope we take back Hayes and not Salmons.

There is really no either to it. It's just Josh. Al is not on the market for anyone not named Dwight Howard.