• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not happy about the joe trade

capstone21

• Admin

For one we help turn the nets into the team to beat in the east if Howard goes there and we turned our franchise into a lottery team again. We lost joe our best player for nothing. We could have at least gotten brooks back. Cap space has not worked to attract free agents in the past. The hawks are like the bucks...top free agents don't want to got there and so we have to settle.We have to build the team through trades. This trade does not do it.I am happy with the Marvin/Harris trade. If deVin can get his mojo back he can be a really good pg again

Dwight Howard. It's all about Dwight Howard.

Well according to Marc Stein, Josh is finally happy. If we are really unloading our guys in order to "appease" Josh Smith I will throw up. Josh is not the type of guy you appease much less build around.

Not about Josh Smith, its about Howard and possibly Paul. Ferry is pulling together the inverse version of the Heat. Building through Center + PG and a supporting cast.

I agree that I don't like this trade for basketball reasons. Nothing Ferry has done from the draft on has made sense when you think about the product on the court. You can't put all your eggs in the Dwight basket.

I would look to trade josh for Rudy gay

No. Ferry did not make these deals just to turn right around and dive head first back into cap hell. He's going to preserve as much space as he can and then decide on what moves he wishes to make. He already said that he doesn't believe in one player making a difference so I don't see him going all out for a specific free agent either but rather trying to construct a deep and balanced team that doesn't push the tax limits like the Spurs.

For one we help turn the nets into the team to beat in the east if Howard goes there and we turned our franchise into a lottery team again.We lost joe our best player for nothing. We could have at least gotten brooks back. Cap space has not worked to attract free agents in the past. The hawks are like the bucks...top free agents don't want to got there and so we have to settle.We have to build the team through trades. This trade does not do it.I am happy with the Marvin/Harris trade. If deVin can get his mojo back he can be a really good pg again

Nah, we just sunk the Nets, Deron or no. No D12, pretty average, capped out team. They are now ruined. All the money spent in the backcourt is no way to build a team.

I absolutely LOVE this move. Trading Joe Johnson opens up possibilities that didn't exist for the Hawsks just a month ago. Keeping Joe would have just meant 4 or 5 years of mediocrity and the fanbase would have become even less interested than they already were. Now, the Hawks at least have the CHANCE to be a major player in the Eastern Conference. If they get Dwight Howard, which is now a possibility since we don't have Joe's contract killing the team anymore, then the Hawks will all of a sudden become relevant. That would then open up the possibility to get Chris Paul. That would put the Hawks at or near the very top of the foodchain in the entire NBA. THAT is very exciting. Joe Johnson, on the other hand, is not.

Edited by Antmillennium

I agree that I don't like this trade for basketball reasons. Nothing Ferry has done from the draft on has made sense when you think about the product on the court. You can't put all your eggs in the Dwight basket.

I agree with the putting our eggs in the Dwight basket, but I think these moves are great for basketball reasons. Well, more so for basketball team building reasons. This is merely the first step in getting the franchise to where it needs to be. We now have insane salary cap flexibility and still have an all-star on the team (2 if you count Smoove). We may not get Dwight or CP3 next summer, but it puts us in position to potentially get them. On top of that, we will still probably make the playoffs with the team we have (depending on additional signings and no bad injuries this year). We are basically doing the same thing Miami did a couple of years ago and they walked away with 3 all-stars and, now, a championship. Signing Ferry as our GM gave us a reputation boost in the league. Making these trades re-affirmed his position and control of the franchise. These trades also dramatically boosted our reputation as they are a sign of a franchise that is willing to make the tough decisions to get better (anyone can keep the same team and make it to the second round most likely). The final step in this rebuilding process will be signing a big name coach next summer and making some serious free agency moves (and possibly trades). We may be worse off this year, but at least we now have a glimmer of hope. And more importantly, maybe the media will look at us in a different light. What I would give to have no more commentary on how we screwed up by picking Marvin over Chris Paul.

Well according to Marc Stein, Josh is finally happy. If we are really unloading our guys in order to "appease" Josh Smith I will throw up. Josh is not the type of guy you appease much less build around.

I agree, Josh is not a player to build around but he can be a piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things but he cannot have a coach like LD who is an enabler of his bad habits. He needs a coach to maximize the talents we all see and wish he would stick to. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Also, just so everyone knows, Anthony Morrow and D12 are best friends and have been for years. Now you bring him to ATL along with Smoove that only makes atlanta more attractive for dwight. Not to mention its obvious our ownership is about making moves now. I wouldnt expect us to trade for d12.. we will wait til his FA next season jhopefully, that way we can still keep smoove and horf if it were to actually go down

Also, just so everyone knows, Anthony Morrow and D12 are best friends and have been for years. Now you bring him to ATL along with Smoove that only makes atlanta more attractive for dwight. Not to mention its obvious our ownership is about making moves now. I wouldnt expect us to trade for d12.. we will wait til his FA next season jhopefully, that way we can still keep smoove and horf if it were to actually go down

I thought Josh and D12 were best friends...oh oh Josh and Morrow gonna be fighting to see who is the bestest friend. Edited by JayBirdHawk