• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith loves the moves made by Ferry

GameTime

Fanactic, I may need some help here.Cap holds for Josh will be his salary this year and Teague's QO would be 3.4. So Als current salary in there too.12.513.2 cap hold3.4 QO37 million in spending money, without Jeff Teague QO that's 40 million plus. More than enough for Paul and Dwight and still exceptions to use in the near future.

It is an amazing feeling to have such great potential options after these two trades. The way I see it, either we:

[*]Play out the year as is, let Smoove walk next summer, and gun for CP3 & Dwight Howard to go along with Horford. That is a ridiculous big 3 as long as we have some support players around them to hit 3s (what is Rashard Lewis doing nowadays?).

[*]Trade Horford, expiring contracts, and future picks (Atl 1st '13 & Houston 1st '13) for Dwight Howard. Not sure if this would be enough for Orlando so we might have to throw Teague in. Then we go hard for CP3 next summer for a CP3/Smoove/Howard trio.

That's not to say that either option will happen, but both are very feasible now especially with the new found respect the Hawks are getting thanks to Ferry's moves. These two trades along with the signing of Ferry has been a sign to the world that we are serious now. No more owners overstepping their bounds. These moves may just get us some huge rewards in free agency!

Im not trading Horford. Im keeping him and signing D12 and Cp3 to max deals next season

Then Dwight wont come. IMO there is only 2 scenarios Dwight plays here both involve Smith being on the team.Trade for D12 this year...Send Teague and Horford.. Next Summer sign CP3 and you have PG: CP3SG: Jenk/MorrowSF: ???PF: JoshC: Dwightor wait til next summer.. Keep Horf and Teague and dont sign CP3PG: TeagueSG: Jenk/MorrowSF: JoshPF: HorfC: DwightI prefer second option

Remember Jenkins the draft pick you hated??? How about Morrow, the guy we just traded for????

No, I forgot already. Let's see you start Jenkins and Morrow then maybe you guys will have some company. People will be calling you fools just like you guys were calling every GM that would take Joe and Marvin. Go right ahead and start Jenkins and Morrow or play them together and see what happens

• Premium Member

How does putting together 2 of the NBA's best post defenders sound like something to worry about? lol

You see synergy. I see two guys who would take the term "enabler" to a whole new level.Oh, and Josh is not a good post defender. He's a great help defender and a mediocre post defender. Edited by niremetal

My head is still spinning, I need a few minutes to digest the day and all that it encompasses for the future of my beloved Atlanta Hawks...

Am I dreaming?

Not only did we not have to "Amnesty Clause" Joe Johnson and that ridiculous contract... We got Devin Harris for Marvin "BUST" Williams?

I'm dreaming... This can NOT be real.

:O:O:OPosted Image

Then Dwight wont come. IMO there is only 2 scenarios Dwight plays here both involve Smith being on the team.Trade for D12 this year...Send Teague and Horford.. Next Summer sign CP3 and you havePG: CP3SG: Jenk/MorrowSF: ???PF: JoshC: Dwightor wait til next summer.. Keep Horf and Teague and dont sign CP3PG: TeagueSG: Jenk/MorrowSF: JoshPF: HorfC: DwightI prefer second option

WE can keep smith and horford. and get D12 and paul

• Premium Member

Long time lurker first time poster. Look what I register under and what happens the day I make my account.. ASG should rename it "Ferry Arena" and change the team to the "Atlanta Fairies". Oh and rumors circulating that Pat Riley called to offer LeBron, Wade and Bosh for John Jenkins because he thought if Ferry drafted him he must be the next MJ. All joking aside Ferry is proving to do what Sund couldnt do in his tenure, make positive moves and restore the image of the franchise and make it an attractive place to play. Heres to restored hope for our franchise Hawks fans.

Welcome to the light brother. lol Starting a new era is always exciting. Sad...but exciting.

Are you sure? Id love that but read somewhere we couldnt.

I think it will all depend on what CP3 and Dwight are willing to sign for (and Smoove for that matter). My estimates have us sitting at close to 30m in salary next summer if you include the cap hold for Smoove. Next summer we will have 18.8m on the books between Teague, Horford, Stevenson, and Jenkins assuming nothing changes (and assuming my approximations are correct). That will give us about 30m in space to use. We also need to take in consideration what the draft picks will cost us as we could have 2 first round draft picks next year. Worse case scenario we are probably looking at 3m or so for those so we should have at least 25-27m in cap space. That is not enough for both CP3 and Dwight, but we could possibly work on a nice sign and trade next year to make the numbers work to get CP3 while keeping Horford & Smoove and still have enough money for Dwight. It's a stretch, but it is technically possible.

Said it over and over again. Josh Smith is the most talented played on this team. His athletic ability is amazing. He should have been an All Star last year. He carried the Hawks last year and proved he could ball in the playoffs. He is more valuable than JJ. He plays a position that you don't get players like that every year in the draft.

I don't think it would make sense to have Josh, Al and Dwight even if we could. In this Fantasy scenario where we get Paul you would still swing Josh or All for am elite wing say Harden. Cant play three bugs in two spots.

Said it over and over again. Josh Smith is the most talented played on this team. His athletic ability is amazing. He should have been an All Star last year. He carried the Hawks last year and proved he could ball in the playoffs. He is more valuable than JJ. He plays a position that you don't get players like that every year in the draft.

Yep, and it's completely up to Josh as to how good he will end up being. In 2009-2010 and 2010-2011, Josh Smith combined for a total of 19.6 wins produced. He had a true shooting percentage of around 54% in both of those seasons and averaged about 22 P/48, 12 R/48, 5 A/48, 2.5 B/48, and 2 S/48. His WP went down this past year because of his inefficient shooting, but I see no reason that he won't revert back to his 2009-2010 form where he produced 12.6 wins. Dwight Howard is a player that will get you somewhere between 16 and 18 wins on the year. Combine him with Josh at the top of his game, and you have 28-30 wins between those two players combined.

You josh smith haters are still at it lol? Howard > Horford at everything... That is not even up for debate.

PnR, shooting, BBIQ, can guard more positions than Dwight, better defensive positional numbers not team or stats but man positional numbers than Dwight. He is better in than Dwight in same areas but overall Dwight is just an elite player.