• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith "lead recruiter"

BreakuptheCore

Not sure what to think about Dwight and Josh together. Defensively that could be scary. Offensively? Uh...train wreck comes to mind. I just don't know, at least its a change from our typical stagnant offseasons.

I actually think this would give Josh more opportunity to be a cutter to the basket, which is where he is his most efficient. With Dwight, you have a low post threat that commands double teams. I think in a true motion style offense with Dwight in the post, Josh cutting, and Jenkins/Morrow spotting up, it could work.I still wonder how much of Josh's shooting was actually encouraged by Larry Drew over the past two years. In Mike Woodson's last season, Josh stayed away from so many perimeter shots, and he had a career year.

I actually think this would give Josh more opportunity to be a cutter to the basket, which is where he is his most efficient. With Dwight, you have a low post threat that commands double teams. I think in a true motion style offense with Dwight in the post, Josh cutting, and Jenkins/Morrow spotting up, it could work.I still wonder how much of Josh's shooting was actually encouraged by Larry Drew over the past two years. In Mike Woodson's last season, Josh stayed away from so many perimeter shots, and he had a career year.

As a cutter he would have to work off of Dwight's interior passing.....which is practically non-existant. Even in that wide open offense that Stan Van implemented to improve Dwight's decision making he still struggled getting the ball out of doubles except to very wide open shooters. As far as Josh's shooting goes, we can blame LD but at the same time have to remember that Woody only reigned him in for only one season. His career jumper volume has been consistent for all but that one season.

I could not be happier about the Hawks now. Good Bye Joe, Marvin and soon to be Mr. Playoffs Disappearing act, Al Hortford!

Horford was our best player in two of our last three playoff appearances. Haters will hate. Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

IMO I would sacrifice Chris Paul to keep Horf and Teague if it came down to it. I think Teague can emerge as a really good player and Horf was our draft pick and has busted his ass and been a leader for this team despite what you think of his play. I feel it would be wrong to kick him to the curb for CP3 when we already have a young PG other teams covet.

• Like 1

I don't want CP3 on this team. The guy is overrated as a player. He is small for his size and relies on his quickness to find people and score. With his injury history and his lack of getting his team past the second round I don't want him on this team.

The best thing to do would be to wait til the end of next season. We should try to get Josh signed by then though. Then we can sign Howard and any other free agent without trading shit. Howard is not going to extend his contract to place he doesn't want to go so it wouldn't make sense to trade Al when we can wait til next summer and get him with just money. If we want Chris Paul we can get him. Using this method we can keep both Teague and Al and be a great team with depth. Can you imagine Chris Paul distributing to Josh, Al , and Howard. Possibly kicking it out to Jenkins to shoot 3s. Then bring in Teague to off the bench as the sixth man?

Doesnt anyone else think our best option is to wait for Dwight to hit free agency and give Smoove a season to work on him, while keeping Teague and Horf.PG: TeagueSG: Jenkins/MorrowSF: SmoovePF: HorfC: DwightNot to mention our first rounder next year+ the Rockets first rounder assuming they make the playoffs.

• Like 1

I don't want CP3 on this team. The guy is overrated as a player. He is small for his size and relies on his quickness to find people and score. With his injury history and his lack of getting his team past the second round I don't want him on this team.

You might be exaggerating by saying CP3 is overrated. I would like to have him but I don't want to break the bank.

Doesnt anyone else think our best option is to wait for Dwight to hit free agency and give Smoove a season to work on him, while keeping Teague and Horf.PG: TeagueSG: Jenkins/MorrowSF: SmoovePF: HorfC: DwightNot to mention our first rounder next year+ the Rockets first rounder assuming they make the playoffs.

So you stole my idea? lol great minds think alike.

You might be exaggerating by saying CP3 is overrated. I would like to have him but I don't want to break the bank.So you stole my idea? lol great minds think alike.

Haha yeah CP3 is great but I'd rather save the money for the guys weve drafted. One who is an all star and one who has all star potential.

Not sure why u guys are saying we have to trade Al. After next season, we'll only have Jenkins and Horford under contract. So we can sign D12, CP3, and re-sign Josh and just put him at SF. CP3JenkinsSmithHorfordD12^God

• Like 1

Not sure why u guys are saying we have to trade Al. After next season, we'll only have Jenkins and Horford under contract. So we can sign D12, CP3, and re-sign Josh and just put him at SF.

CP3

Jenkins

Smith

Horford

D12

^God

That would be ideal but do you let Teague walk? And even at that point that is a tough fit under the cap, but with Ferry you never know as he has already shown.

Posted Image