• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hypothetically if we traded for Howard

capstone21

• Admin

I still don't see it happening but...If we did we can't take back Turk's contract. Do you believe Orlando would trade Howard to us w/o us taking back one of their horrible contracts.I am still apprehensive...I don't want to lose Horford for one year of Howard.

I still don't see it happening but...If we did we can't take back Turk's contract. Do you believe Orlando would trade Howard to us w/o us taking back one of their horrible contracts.I am still apprehensive...I don't want to lose Horford for one year of Howard.

No. If we offer enough and Turk is going to have a 6 million dollar buyout next year so he isn't that bad for Orlando.

With the Farmar buyout, we currently sit at 12 players (assuming Ivan and picks are in the stable) at about 56 million. Assuming a trade of Horford, Harris, Petro Houston's first rounder and filler or Zaza, Teague, Horford, other and the first rounder we can technically squeeze it in. Currently Orlando is way, way over the LT and so invoking the 150% rule to take back extra salary from them is doing them a huge favor...meanwhile, we have 14 million under the LT (give or take). Horford, Harris, Petro, + 1st forHoward, Hedo is doable.We line upTeague / fillerJenkins/MorrowHedu/StevensonJosh/Ivan/ScottDwight/ZazaAnd Lebron, Wade, Bosh are collectively found cursing, wallowing in a bar.

With the Farmar buyout, we currently sit at 12 players (assuming Ivan and picks are in the stable) at about 56 million. Assuming a trade of Horford, Harris, Petro Houston's first rounder and filler or Zaza, Teague, Horford, other and the first rounder we can technically squeeze it in. Currently Orlando is way, way over the LT and so invoking the 150% rule to take back extra salary from them is doing them a huge favor...meanwhile, we have 14 million under the LT (give or take).Horford, Harris, Petro, + 1st forHoward, Hedo is doable.We line upTeague / fillerJenkins/MorrowHedu/StevensonJosh/Ivan/ScottDwight/ZazaAnd Lebron, Wade, Bosh are collectively found cursing, wallowing in a bar.

Our floor spacing is going to be horrible, I don't want to rely on Josh to spread the floor, and I don't even want to rely on an unproven rookie to be our go to perimeter shooter. We all know Teague is not a dead eye shooter yet. If you guys hate Joe's style of play just wait until you see Hedo's.

I am going to leave alittle something that my friend told me today and think about the trades today.There is a team that its Starting PG is a F/A right now and he might not come back to that place. I let yall guys figure it out.

With the Farmar buyout, we currently sit at 12 players (assuming Ivan and picks are in the stable) at about 56 million. Assuming a trade of Horford, Harris, Petro Houston's first rounder and filler or Zaza, Teague, Horford, other and the first rounder we can technically squeeze it in. Currently Orlando is way, way over the LT and so invoking the 150% rule to take back extra salary from them is doing them a huge favor...meanwhile, we have 14 million under the LT (give or take).Horford, Harris, Petro, + 1st forHoward, Hedo is doable.We line upTeague / fillerJenkins/MorrowHedu/StevensonJosh/Ivan/ScottDwight/ZazaAnd Lebron, Wade, Bosh are collectively found cursing, wallowing in a bar.

I don't believe we have to take Hedo. Will Orlando find a better deal than Horford, Teague, and Zaza? Houston can send draftpicks, but they cannot send a Horford-type piece.

I don't believe we have to take Hedo. Will Orlando find a better deal than Horford, Teague, and Zaza? Houston can send draftpicks, but they cannot send a Horford-type piece.

No, we don't have to take Hedo but that was what Orlando was trying to accomplish 5 months ago when talking trade. You must take X to get Y.Personally, I think Horford, Harris, Petro + Pick gets you Hedo/Dwight and Horford/Harris/Pick may get you Dwight alone.The thing people are missing is Dwight is currently nothing next year for Orlando. Horford is signed through 2016 and is a Florida guy. That's a big thing. This is part of what was appealing about JJ. Bad deal, yes. But JJ was signed which at least tells you what you have. In Orlando's case, they don't know what they have right now. Getting Horford, Teague would give them a center and a player who's future they control. Two long term pieces plus a pick. That is way better than no Dwight next year. Orlando is working for 2014/2015 anyway. Getting long term pieces would help them attract players in 2014/15.

Orlando will obviously ask for Horford plus a couple of our new expirings, and make us take at least one bad contract (Hedo, Duhon, Big Baby, Quentin/Jason Richardson), if not two. They may also ask for our pick or Houston's lotto protected pick, or Teague. That may sound like a lot, but even if the Rockets can't offer the Magic an All Star they do have a number of talented, cheap young players. Of course, it sounds like Howard would have no interest in re-signing with the Rockets if he's traded there.I think if Howard agrees to sign an extension you trade Al/expirings for him and take Hedo's contract... it may take Teague/1st rounder on top of that. If Howard refuses to commit to an extension, then I think it's too big of a gamble b/c he's never shown a strong desire to play in Atlanta even though it seems like such an attractive destination for him. Ferry's background, and now his actions, indicate he's positioning the Hawks for long-term success and stability, and won't trade our best asset + picks for a one year rental while taking on a bad contract.

We don't have to take anything. Orlando can say what they like, but NJ is out of the running most likely and in 12 months Dwight is gone. Beyond that, Smoove and Morrow have 12 months to convince him to come here. He might now, but we have leverage now. And even if we don't really have leverage, that is what the perception will be. We have talent, expirings, and picks to offer Orlando. We CAN get just Dwight from Orlando if we play our cards right. Based on what Ferry has done so far I am pretty sure we can do that.

At this point, we only trade for Dwight if he signs an extension. I think we are in good position to require that and I think Dwight may actually go for it. Furthermore, no bad contracts. If Orlando disagrees then they can wait for him to walk for nothing or trade him for less. If he doesn't want to play for us then he can sign with NJ for less because they won't have cap once they sign Deron. If they don't sign Deron then he can go to a team that will be a consistent first round exit.We are in great position right now, but nothing is guaranteed. Either way we are in better position for getting better than we were before.

Why? That team isn't anywhere near good enough to beat them. We would need a key guard to have a shot at beating them.

Remember that there's no reliable information that suggests either Smith or Howard have any interest in playing for the Hawks long-term. In fact, there's evidence to the contrary. This holy union of Smith + Howard +/- CP3 is pure speculation.

Then, keep in mind that the Magic own Howard's rights... they will trade him to the team that offers them the best package, irrespective of Dwight's desire to sign an extension with that team. While the Hawks certainly have the potential to offer a more attractive package than, say, the Rockets or Mavs, that package would have to include both Al Horford and the willingness to accept bad contracts in return. That's because the teams we would (hypothetically) be competing with are going to offer several talented players (altho no one on Al's level, agreed)... and because shedding these contracts (particularly Hedo's) is imperative to the Magic's rebuilding process.

Again, I think Ferry knows what he's doing and will only entertain the idea if he's certain Howard will sign an extension. Obviously, the dream would be to trade Al + expirings + Teague/1st for Dwight and then announcing his extension the next day, but even after today I don't see that happening.

Remember that there's no reliable information that suggests either Smith or Howard have any interest in playing for the Hawks long-term. In fact, there's evidence to the contrary. This holy union of Smith + Howard +/- CP3 is pure speculation.

Then, keep in mind that the Magic own Howard's rights... they will trade him to the team that offers them the best package, irrespective of Dwight's desire to sign an extension with that team. While the Hawks certainly have the potential to offer a more attractive package than, say, the Rockets or Mavs, that package would have to include both Al Horford and the willingness to accept bad contracts in return. That's because the teams we would (hypothetically) be competing with are going to offer several talented players (altho no one on Al's level, agreed)... and because shedding these contracts (particularly Hedo's) is imperative to the Magic's rebuilding process.

Again, I think Ferry knows what he's doing and will only entertain the idea if he's certain Howard will sign an extension. Obviously, the dream would be to trade Al + expirings + Teague/1st for Dwight and then announcing his extension the next day, but even after today I don't see that happening.

Right, there is nothing that says Howard would want to stay here. However, there are reports that Smoove is "excited" by the moves that Ferry has made. This implies that he may have a renewed interest to stay with the Hawks long term. The rest is speculation, but the Hawks do have the most desirable package for Dwight. It would require Horford to be included in the trade. Our biggest hope should be finding a way to keep a Teague, Morrow, and a pick. Best case scenario is that we give up Horford, expirings, a pick for Dwight with him verbally committing to resigning. But you are right, there is nothing to lead us to believe that will happen.

However, we are far far far more likely to pull this off with Howard than we were 12 hours ago. And that is not speculation...