• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Courtney lee

capstone21

LINK??!?!!? Sorry I need links or tweets for me to believe.

I read it, it's true.

I don't think we really need him with Morrow and Jenkins already manning the 2. Lee is really too small to play the SF spot. He played 6% of the minutes at SF for the Rockets last year with a -11.2 NET48 production. Opposing SFs had a PER48 of 21.1 against him!

• Admin

Jenkins is supposed to be one deminsional shooter...i predict a Kyle Korver type. Plus he has not proven anything yet...can he even play in this league?Lee can defend and penetrate...I like him better then JJ.

Jenkins is supposed to be one deminsional shooter...i predict a Kyle Korver type. Plus he has not proven anything yet...can he even play in this league?

Lee can defend and penetrate...I like him better then JJ.

And now for real information here. I saw Jenkins play multiple times this year (funny part is I didn't watch tons of college basketball but saw Jenkins play 3 times...go figure).

Most reporters, draft coverage guys, etc are all sharing the same information about these college players. They don't have the resources to research them individually so they go off of recruiting information that is some times 4 years old. They listen to the equally misinformed talking heads and just repeat what they hear.

Yes Jenkins is a good shooter. A really, really, really good shooter.

The real knock on Jenkins is 2 inches in height and average foot speed.

He is 6'4, 205 (up to 215 depending on what you read).

For fun, I'm going to show you a draft profile and then tease up to who the player was.

-------------

PlayerX

6'3"

175lbs - Projection, Late 1st round to Early 2nd round.

Position - PG/SG

Who knows. There's been zero buzz about PLAYERX and now most scouts are conceding that he's not a point guard. After he tested so poorly athleticially in Chicago, the second round sounded like a forgone conclusion. However, a number of GMs have told Insider they believe PlayerX has a promise somewhere in the mid-first round. No one, however, seems to have a clue where it is.

Final result - 10th pick in the 2nd round, 40th overall.

Best season so far 25.5 / 4 / 5.3

career averages 19.5 / 3.7 / 4.5

College - none

The player - Monta Ellis

The "questions" about athletically challenged or height are usually just buzz words that get picked up. Typically spread by GM's hoping the kid will slide to them.

The other question is he is from Vandy. If this kid dropped 19.9 points a game while at Duke, he would have gone in the lottery. But he didn't, he was at Vandy. This makes him a risk because he wasn't from a premier program.

The reality is Vandy was devoid of talent with Jenkins having to work hard to come off screens to free himself up. Jenkins regularly drove to the basket as well and was adept at drawing fouls. Jenkins shot 458 attempts his senior year. 305 of those were 3 pointers. This means he shot 153 2 point attempts. Jenkins attempted 153 FT's as well his senior year. Think about that. He shot as many free throws as he did 2 pointers. That means we he drove, he got to the line.

Look at his stats between his freshman and junior years. The percentages are almost identical. This is a 3 year set of averages. This is no flyer on a Marvin type player. This is a 3 year proven commodity. he scored less the freshman year but he played 10 less minutes a game and shot less. His percentages are almost identical for 3 straight years. At the same time, he had more to make up for as the talent at Vandy was not up to par with Florida, Kentucky, etc in the SEC.

Vandy's point guard only average 4.1 assists per game. The team only averaged 12.1 per game. This means Jenkins had to be doing some creating.

Jenkins isn't as gifted as other players but he makes up for it with saavy, using his body well, positioning, BBIQ. "Athletic players" are projects that take years to develop. Intelligent, well schooled players like Jenkins step in right away and see little drop off in their game. My guess is he scores 12+ points a game if he starts.

Jenkins isn't no Ellis. Jenkins is more like Reggie Miller but not as tall or athletic. He's Reggie Miller lite. Jenkins is more of a scorer than just a shooter especially running off screens.

Edited by Joker

The best comparison to me for him is Jeff Hornecek. I think that he can reach that level but Reggie Miller lite is possible as well.

And now for real information here. I saw Jenkins play multiple times this year (funny part is I didn't watch tons of college basketball but saw Jenkins play 3 times...go figure).

Most reporters, draft coverage guys, etc are all sharing the same information about these college players. They don't have the resources to research them individually so they go off of recruiting information that is some times 4 years old. They listen to the equally misinformed talking heads and just repeat what they hear.

Yes Jenkins is a good shooter. A really, really, really good shooter.

The real knock on Jenkins is 2 inches in height and average foot speed.

He is 6'4, 205 (up to 215 depending on what you read).

For fun, I'm going to show you a draft profile and then tease up to who the player was.

-------------

PlayerX

6'3"

175lbs - Projection, Late 1st round to Early 2nd round.

Position - PG/SG

Who knows. There's been zero buzz about PLAYERX and now most scouts are conceding that he's not a point guard. After he tested so poorly athleticially in Chicago, the second round sounded like a forgone conclusion. However, a number of GMs have told Insider they believe PlayerX has a promise somewhere in the mid-first round. No one, however, seems to have a clue where it is.

Final result - 10th pick in the 2nd round, 40th overall.

Best season so far 25.5 / 4 / 5.3

career averages 19.5 / 3.7 / 4.5

College - none

The player - Monta Ellis

The "questions" about athletically challenged or height are usually just buzz words that get picked up. Typically spread by GM's hoping the kid will slide to them.

The other question is he is from Vandy. If this kid dropped 19.9 points a game while at Duke, he would have gone in the lottery. But he didn't, he was at Vandy. This makes him a risk because he wasn't from a premier program.

The reality is Vandy was devoid of talent with Jenkins having to work hard to come off screens to free himself up. Jenkins regularly drove to the basket as well and was adept at drawing fouls. Jenkins shot 458 attempts his senior year. 305 of those were 3 pointers. This means he shot 153 2 point attempts. Jenkins attempted 153 FT's as well his senior year. Think about that. He shot as many free throws as he did 2 pointers. That means we he drove, he got to the line.

Look at his stats between his freshman and junior years. The percentages are almost identical. This is a 3 year set of averages. This is no flyer on a Marvin type player. This is a 3 year proven commodity. he scored less the freshman year but he played 10 less minutes a game and shot less. His percentages are almost identical for 3 straight years. At the same time, he had more to make up for as the talent at Vandy was not up to par with Florida, Kentucky, etc in the SEC.

Vandy's point guard only average 4.1 assists per game. The team only averaged 12.1 per game. This means Jenkins had to be doing some creating.

Jenkins isn't as gifted as other players but he makes up for it with saavy, using his body well, positioning, BBIQ. "Athletic players" are projects that take years to develop. Intelligent, well schooled players like Jenkins step in right away and see little drop off in their game. My guess is he scores 12+ points a game if he starts.

I watched Jenkins as well....and dude can be good. He has a great jumpshot and to me the best part about him is that he is smart on shots he take and also is a gym rat!

I kept up with this guy all last year....like you said he can help now! man pair this guy up with a cp3 and shit it is lights out on the court period. he is a great pick and roll/ come off screen shooter!

Not to be too bold but this guy can easily average 12 to 15 points his rookie year as long as we keep Harris! and he does drive alot so he will get his free throws! Also he has a very very effective step back jumper!

Dude is a scoring type player! give him a 2 years he will be able to create for himself consistently no prob. he is intelligent and he never trys to do things that he just cant do. Plays his game and his game only! Smart players like guys like this become 20 point scorers because of their mindset. reminds me of Ray Allen alot! I mean he's smarter than johnson at this point! he wont run to corners and trap himself or dribble the shot clock down.

2 or 3 years he will be dropping 17!

Jenkins isn't no Ellis. Jenkins is more like Reggie Miller but not as tall or athletic. He's Reggie Miller lite. Jenkins is more of a scorer than just a shooter especially running off screens.

well this is exactly what i figured he would be successful at, which is what laaary drew tried to do with joe in the new offense but joe i think was to used to booty bumping with guys trying to get his shot off.

I watched Jenkins as well....and dude can be good. He has a great jumpshot and to me the best part about him is that he is smart on shots he take and also is a gym rat! I kept up with this guy all last year....like you said he can help now! man pair this guy up with a cp3 and shit it is lights out on the court period. he is a great pick and roll/ come off screen shooter! Not to be too bold but this guy can easily average 12 to 15 points his rookie year as long as we keep Harris! and he does drive alot so he will get his free throws! Also he has a very very effective step back jumper! Dude is a scoring type player! give him a 2 years he will be able to create for himself consistently no prob. he is intelligent and he never trys to do things that he just cant do. Plays his game and his game only! Smart players like guys like this become 20 point scorers because of their mindset. reminds me of Ray Allen alot! I mean he's smarter than johnson at this point! he wont run to corners and trap himself or dribble the shot clock down. 2 or 3 years he will be dropping 17!

And I'm being fair here. He does have natural limitations, lift being one of them. He will definately need to be option 2 or less. But the height thing only comes into play for "first options" offensively and in spot up shooter mismatches defensively (like guarding Kobe or Wade shooting jumpers). I think what people are doing is making a knee jerk to Joe being gone. I think of it like this. Option 1: Zaza at center / Horf at PF / Josh at SF and a very good bench or Option 2: Horf at center / Josh at PF / Marvin at SF with a piss poor old oft injured bench In that situation, Zaza is better defensively and rebounding rate than Horf at the 5 based on size alone (though not offensively), Horf is better than Josh at the 4, Josh is better than Marvin at the 3 based on pure effort alone. To get option 1, you needed to give up JJ and Marvin. You get much better overall at the point by adding Harris to the mix. You get much better off the bench on both ends of the floor. You give up JJ's points and size in exchange for whatever the rookie gives you. It is a gamble, but I see improvement at 3 positions on the floor and 5 positions in the rotation in exchange for losing what JJ brings. We aren't done yet.

• Premium Member

And I'm being fair here. He does have natural limitations, lift being one of them. He will definately need to be option 2 or less. But the height thing only comes into play for "first options" offensively and in spot up shooter mismatches defensively (like guarding Kobe or Wade shooting jumpers). I think what people are doing is making a knee jerk to Joe being gone. I think of it like this. Option 1: Zaza at center / Horf at PF / Josh at SF and a very good bench or Option 2: Horf at center / Josh at PF / Marvin at SF with a piss poor old oft injured bench In that situation, Zaza is better defensively and rebounding rate than Horf at the 5 based on size alone (though not offensively), Horf is better than Josh at the 4, Josh is better than Marvin at the 3 based on pure effort alone. To get option 1, you needed to give up JJ and Marvin. You get much better overall at the point by adding Harris to the mix. You get much better off the bench on both ends of the floor. You give up JJ's points and size in exchange for whatever the rookie gives you. It is a gamble, but I see improvement at 3 positions on the floor and 5 positions in the rotation in exchange for losing what JJ brings. We aren't done yet.

I think it's a good idea for Atl to run a lineup with Josh, Horford and ZaZa more now that Joe and Marvin are gone. Those three will be the best three front court players anyway. In addition, I like the look of having a big to get loose balls so that Al and Josh get more shot attempts. As far as Lee, I would refrain from going out and signing many deals beyond this year. With Morrow, Jenkins and Stephenson on the roster, I don't see where he would fit and you know he's probably looking for a multi year deal. If possible, I want the Hawks to play the season out without making any more trades. Unlike previous Hawks teams with capspace, a team with Al and Josh and loads of money is going to be extremely difficult for any player or agent to turn down. Edited by Jody23

Posted Image

So, he's not as tall as the tall, tall trees. And, he's not super athletic.

A couple of other things that he's not, from all that's being written.

He's not afraid to shoot the ball and, being the best coming out this year,

he's talented enough to hit those shots that he takes.

He's not "As dumb as a box of rocks" and also has a high basketball IQ.

Remember when J Smooooove was drafted, an "expert" was heard to say,

"He has the great potential to be a complete failure in the NBA." Not those

exact words, but you get what he was saying.

Our new JJ is being measured by some with that same measuring stick. Just

remember, this player can put the ball in the basket and he's smart enough

to figure out a lot of stuff. With his talent and his brain, don't dismiss him

too lightly.

He's no King James or Superman. He wasn't even a lottery pick. But I gotta

believe that he's very good at what he does do.

GO HAWKS!!