• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still hate giving up Marvin Williams..

MVP23

You have a great defender, a guy that can take it to the hole, knock down the 3, and create his own shot in Marvin Williams. Its sad he never had a shot to do that here in Atlanta with guys like Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford chucking every trip down the court. I really hope he gets to be himself in Utah. A 20-10 guy from the 3/4 spot.

You have a great defender, a guy that can take it to the hole, knock down the 3, and create his own shot in Marvin Williams. Its sad he never had a shot to do that here in Atlanta with guys like Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford chucking every trip down the court. I really hope he gets to be himself in Utah. A 20-10 guy from the 3/4 spot.

I'm sure you're just fishing but since when did Marvin become a guy who could create his own shot? And anyone can take it to the hole and fall awkwardly! And 20/10? Seriously?? I'll miss Marvin because he's a classy guy and a hard worker on the court but I won't miss having that much salary tied up in a player who isn't worth that much. I hope he really breaks out in Utah though!
  • Like 3

I'm sure you're just fishing but since when did Marvin become a guy who could create his own shot? And anyone can take it to the hole and fall awkwardly! And 20/10? Seriously?? I'll miss Marvin because he's a classy guy and a hard worker on the court but I won't miss having that much salary tied up in a player who isn't worth that much. I hope he really breaks out in Utah though!

Salary? Marvin is an above average player making the average NBA salary. Thats a bargin if you ask me. And yes he can create his own shot. He just never had the ball a lot here. I've seen him do it off the dribble several times when he was a legitimate option on the floor, which wasn't often.
  • Like 2

Salary? Marvin is an above average player making the average NBA salary. Thats a bargin if you ask me. And yes he can create his own shot. He just never had the ball a lot here. I've seen him do it off the dribble several times when he was a legitimate option on the floor, which wasn't often.

Marvin is going to make $8.3 million next year, or $3 million ish more than the MLE amount that we'll be able to find his replacement for and $8.3 million is A LOT more than the average salary.

Don't understand the trade. We aren't getting any salary relief this season. Obviously Utah didn't think much of Devin Harris if they wanted Marvin Williams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We kill Marvin but there is a reason Harris has been traded twice in two years.

• Like 2

Wow MVP, I can honestly say I didn't see this coming! Lmao. I was in your corner during the celebration when joe and his contract got moved but support the The Duck aka The Stache? Another guy like Joe whose impact doesn't match his contract let alone draft status? If Marvin was signed for less, I wouldn't have been mad but he gets paid too much for the little impact he provides.

Marvin should have been out of the nba by now but Atlanta has always been a place where we draft and overpay for mediocrity

Marvin probably has at least 5 more years as a starter and 7-8 years left if he decides to keep playing. He was a bust as a #2 pick but still a quality versatile SF in a league with a shortage of quality SFs.
  • Like 1

I liked Marvin, but he was overpaid and it was time for change. Made perfect sense for him to go. I kept waiting year after year for him to have his breakout year and I still won't be surprised if it happened. I'll be thrilled for him if/when it does.

Marvin probably has at least 5 more years as a starter and 7-8 years left if he decides to keep playing. He was a bust as a #2 pick but still a quality versatile SF in a league with a shortage of quality SFs.

I question his starting status. maybe he just needed a change of scenery. There is no denying that Marvin has potential but he doesn't come close to flashing it enough like Horf, josh and Teague. He comes out most nights putting on his best disappearing act. You are right in that in a league with shortage at his position, thats the only reason why he isn't the 7th man off the bench for most teams.

What.

He lost his starting spot to a 31 year old Kirk Hinrich. I guess he can start if you have 3 other scorers around him... But losing your starting spot to a declined Kirk Hinrich is not so good.

I like Marvin. Everyone on here knows I do. He didn't fit so he had to go. But I really like Devin. He actually fits and is a perfect fit for Horford so we won as far as I am concerned and same for Utah.