• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Howard close to going to the nets

capstone21

So the Cavs want 1st round picks to take on Humphries. The Magic want 1st round picks in the trade for Howard. Where the hell are the Nets going to get all these 1st rounders

It's not over til it's over, remember the Magic are the only team that needs to be satisfied in this situation. It's not about where Dwight wants to play until next year. It'd about the best offer, the Hawks still have the best offer.

The Cavs will get more to take Hump than we got to trade Joe. Make this happen so we can move on with trading Josh Smith

The Magic wouldnt accept Lopez, Brooks, 3 1st round picks and fillers for Howard. Clev wants 1st round picks to take Humphries. WHERE THE HELL are the Nets going to get all these picks. I guess the will trade their 1st round picks every other year till 2026

• Moderators

The Cavs will get more to take Hump than we got to trade Joe. Make this happen so we can move on with trading Josh Smith

No they won't. They couldn't give a crap about Hump's value as far as what they are asking for after that. The NJ deal is dead on arrival unless some team takes on a major salary like Hump. That is what NJ is willing to pay for - Dwight Howard. NJ is paying for cap space. You have to pay a premium for cap space so NJ is willing to give up a first rounder to do that. Coincidently, that is exactly what we will have long-term as part of the JJ trade. Not sure this ends up happening but we'll see. Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

I still don't see how the Nets are still the favorites. Who really wants Humphries when he's going to ask the moon? Brook Lopez has given NO indications he wants to sign a new deal just to get traded to the Magic. Why can't the Hawks beat this with Horford/Teague and a first?

Well, we did it again. We built another championship squad. Thanks to overpaying JJ in the first place. It stinks that we had to help build another championship squad in order to get out of a bad contract. But that's what we have done.

I don't see the Nets winning any titles with or without Howard.

I still don't see how the Nets are still the favorites. Who really wants Humphries when he's going to ask the moon? Brook Lopez has given NO indications he wants to sign a new deal just to get traded to the Magic. Why can't the Hawks beat this with Horford/Teague and a first?

Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA

RT @GrownManFB: I wonder what the #HAWKS are offering? ---> Told it was most of the luggage from the Joe Johnson deal.

RT @EloyVazquezJr: is it me or a package of horford, teague and first rd picks more enticing ---> sure, but its never been offered.

Unclear what Hawks are really offering, as Hawks source deny emphatically that Al Horford has been offered to anyone

Edited by MaceCase