• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks now out of Dwight sweepstakes ( obviously )

ATLscrubLove

I still don't think it's over... even tonight, there are some fragile moving parts. I think the Nets are in a place where they have to go to incredible extremes to get it done. I think Ferry is smart to sit on the sideline and just let this thing play out, and if it can't happen, DH could practically fall in our lap.

Could but Ferry isn't stupid enough to throw away a bunch of players for a one year rental. If he doesn't wanna play here there is no point in wasting any more time on him.

To the people saying we have 2 stars, you are false. Though Smoove put up the numbers he still wasn't an allstar. Also, you have to remember the only reason he put those numbers up were because Horford was out. Not saying he wasn't deserving of being an allstar but Horford is really the only true allstar on the team.

But now Joe is gone instead of Horford. Same situation basically.

• Premium Member

But now Joe is gone instead of Horford. Same situation basically.

I'm posting something about this later. Stay tuned!

No need to compare him to stars. He isn't a building block in the Ty Lawson, Kyle Lowrie, etc. sense. He isn't a top 20 PG and as a sub-par starting PG isn't a building block without major development.

Not sure what you are basing this off of...It certainly cant be stats

Stats

Ty Lawson: 16.4 ppg 6.6 ast, 82%

Kyle Lowrie: 14.3ppg 6.6 ast, 78% FT

Jeff Teague: 12.6ppg 4.9ast, 76%

Now take in to account the stars that are on their teams...Joe, Josh and Horford all get their shots way before Teague..What I'm getting at is all these guards are in the same tier of Point Guards...

Stats

Now take in to account the stars that are on their teams...Joe, Josh and Horford all get their shots way before Teague..What I'm getting at is all these guards are in the same tier of Point Guards...

I don't think that Teague has their vision, but he's still learning how to play PG and I'd like to see what he'll do in a year without JJ and with Horford before I'm ready to get truly concerned about his long term viability as a PG. Luckily we also have Harris now who is a pretty good PG so either way we should be set for a while.

• Moderators

Stats

Watch Lawson run an offense and then watch Teague on the floor and you will see they aren't in the same tier at all.

Here are some stats that are a bit more meaningful than ft% and ppg:

Lawson 19.4 PER -- .157 WS/48 -- career .589 ts%

Teague 15.8 PER -- .131 WS/48 -- career .526 ts%

Lowry 18.9 PER -- .157 WS/48 -- career .545 ts%

Teague is the worst scorer, worse passer, and worst defender. I hope he continues to improve and gets in their league eventually but I just don't think will ever have the vision of a guy like Lawson and that is the single most important characteristic for a PG, IMO. Lowry doesn't have that vision either but he is an elite defender at the position so I am more wiling to live with it.

Edited by AHF

Im willing to take a risk too. Dwight Howard is one of the top 3 players in the league. When have the Hawks ever had that? Plus we will have a whole year to convince him to stay. If he leaves he leaves, I say go big or go home.

• Moderators

Im willing to take a risk too. Dwight Howard is one of the top 3 players in the league. When have the Hawks ever had that? Plus we will have a whole year to convince him to stay. If he leaves he leaves, I say go big or go home.

This is also my attitude.

Yup. Worse case scenario he leaves, Drew gets fired and we rebuild. Which will happen anyway if we don't get Dwight and Josh Smith leaves.

AJC says we are still talking with the Magic so its not over yet.

Yea I just don't know if it makes much sense, the Hawks will end up having to give Horf and Teague plus picks and filler for a one year rental...

Well thanks to Dan Gilbert the 4 team blockbuster was blown up. Humphries would not go to Cleveland on a 1 yr deal so Gilbert was insisting on Brook Lopez to the Cavs. The Cavs were then going to send a forward to the Magic but the were not having it. Twitter is being blown up by columnists saying that if the Hawks want him, he's ours to lose. This drama is insane. I don't know who to believe. I just want this all to end so I can go back to being a productive member of society again. I CANT CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING BUT NBA OFFSEASON!!! Posted Image

Well thanks to Dan Gilbert the 4 team blockbuster was blown up. Humphries would not go to Cleveland on a 1 yr deal so Gilbert was insisting on Brook Lopez to the Cavs. The Cavs were then going to send a forward to the Magic but the were not having it. Twitter is being blown up by columnists saying that if the Hawks want him, he's ours to lose. This drama is insane. I don't know who to believe. I just want this all to end so I can go back to being a productive member of society again. I CANT CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING BUT NBA OFFSEASON!!! Posted Image

I'm just tired of hearing about it, either get a deal done or stop trying. I'll give Ferry credit though he knows how to hard ball.