• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Howard No Hibbert No Thabeet

Highpozt2

Now that the Center Roulette has spun are there any bigs out there better than the Za Za, Collins, Dampier combo. Is Kaman worth a spin is a shot at Oden for the league minimum worth a spin. The NBA "wait for a super free agent" game is high risk just ask NY and the Nets waiting on LeBron not a good strategy. The Hawks can't sit and wait Ferry needs to get it now.

• Moderators

Thabeet should not even be mentioned with the likes of Dwight or Hibbert because that dude is a scrub, but to answer your question:

Per HoopsWorld:

Center

(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers – $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)

Brook Lopez, Brooklyn Nets – $3.1 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)

Chris Kaman, New Orleans Hornets – $12.7 million – Unrestricted

JaVale McGee, Denver Nuggets – $2.5 million – Restricted ($3.5 million Qualifying Offer)

Marcus Camby, Houston Rockets – $12.9 million – Unrestricted

Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers – $4.1 million – Unrestricted

Kwame Brown, Milwaukee Bucks – $6.8 million – Unrestricted

Aaron Gray, Toronto Raptors – $2.5 million – Unrestricted

Robin Lopez, Phoenix Suns – $2.8 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)

Jermaine O’Neal, Boston Celtics – $6.2 million – Unrestricted

Nazr Mohammed, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.8 million – Unrestricted

Omer Asik, Chicago Bulls – $1.9 million – Unrestricted*

Semih Erden, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*

Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million – Unrestricted

Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies – $1.3 million – Unrestricted

Mehmet Okur, Portland Trail Blazers – $10.9 million – Unrestricted

Greg Stiemsma, Boston Celtics – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*

Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Unrestricted

Solomon Alabi, Toronto Raptors – $0.8 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)

Hasheem Thabeet, Portland Trail Blazers – $5.1 million – Unrestricted

DeSagana Diop, Charlotte Bobcats – $6.9 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)

Ryan Hollins, Boston Celtics – $0.3 million – Unrestricted

Jason Collins, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted

Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.7 million – Unrestricted

Eddy Curry, Miami HEAT – $1.2 million – Unrestricted

Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted

Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.5 million – Unrestricted

Jamaal Magloire, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted

Kyrylo Fesenko, Indiana Pacers – $0.3 million – Unrestricted

Mickell Gladness, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted*

Mikki Moore, Golden State Warriors – $0.1 million – Unrestricted

Dan Gadzuric, New York Knicks – $0.1 million – Unrestricted

I believe the answer to that question is... no. Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Kaman would be a good addition. If they can't find anyone worth a damn to fill the SF position. Then go get Kaman and let Smoove hold down the SF position.

Get a true center like Kaman or promote Zaza to starter and we fix our SF problem. Horford instantly becomes better and Josh has proven that he can play the SF position. Hell, whenever Carmelo or LeBron come to town, that is who Josh is matched up against anyway... might as well just move him there and go for one of the biggest front courts in the league.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Kaman would be a good addition. If they can't find anyone worth a damn to fill the SF position. Then go get Kaman and let Smoove hold down the SF position.

I mean most of the roster are going to be free agents except for Al. CK is apparently wants to join (don't they all) a playoff team. The thing about Kaman is his fg % is horrendous. He does shoot fts well and block shots, rebounds. Teague Harris Josh Al Kaman

Not comparing talent with Thabeet was just looking at NBA movement --- I think Za can mix it up at Center with certain match ups -- of course Miami and OKC just went to the finals with out dominant Centers understsnding they have wing men that are top 5 in the NBA in LeBron Durant and Wade --- in fact back to the basket post play was almost completely absent in the finals. Maybe the Hawks should leave the ZaZ, Collins, Dampier combo as is and concentrate on slashers and outside shooters.

I would give Oden a chance. At least he is a young guy who stays injured rather than old guys who are injured like Collins and Dampier. Oden would give more production than both of those guys. I would gladly take him and pray he stays healthy. If he stays healthy for a year he might be right up there with Howard and Bynum in talent.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would give Oden a chance. At least he is a young guy who stays injured rather than old guys who are injured like Collins and Dampier. Oden would give more production than both of those guys. I would gladly take him and pray he stays healthy. If he stays healthy for a year he might be right up there with Howard and Bynum in talent.

Oden is taking the year off to heal. He says he wants to join the Heat, but I think he is going to end up like Pippen saying he is coming back at 40, no one will care or be interested. Honestly, I can see us rolling with Horf at the 5 for another year and Zaza and Petro backing him up.

It's still crazy to me that Daryl Morey gifted Omer Asik with a 3 year $25.1M offer sheet, this for a guy that played 15 minutes per game and averaged 3.1 points and 5.3 boards per game. He's a high energy guy, but jeezum, that is fricken insane. As long as Ferry stays away from those type of contracts for extremely middling players, we should be all set, cause those are the type of deals that can hamstring a team.

• Like 1

It's still crazy to me that Daryl Morey gifted Omer Asik with a 3 year $25.1M offer sheet, this for a guy that played 15 minutes per game and averaged 3.1 points and 5.3 boards per game. He's a high energy guy, but jeezum, that is fricken insane. As long as Ferry stays away from those type of contracts for extremely middling players, we should be all set, cause those are the type of deals that can hamstring a team.

So the new CBA didn't change a thing. The owners continue to shoot themselves in the foot by overpaying for mediocre players.

So the new CBA didn't change a thing. The owners continue to shoot themselves in the foot by overpaying for mediocre players.

Exactly. A CBA can only do so much. It can't change human ambition and/or stupidity. Morey seemed a pretty sharp fella though, but maybe I was giving him too much credit, or maybe this was a move dictated by Rockets ownership.

Exactly - all it did was allow for the small market teams and teams under the cap to get monye from all these super teams that will be over the cap. It was a money grab by owners.

Get a true center like Kaman or promote Zaza to starter and we fix our SF problem. Horford instantly becomes better and Josh has proven that he can play the SF position. Hell, whenever Carmelo or LeBron come to town, that is who Josh is matched up against anyway... might as well just move him there and go for one of the biggest front courts in the league.

Exactly! I think we have enough scoring from Josh, Al, Teague and hopefully Harris. I think we just need a good defensive big man who can rebound and finish on the break and around the basket. I know Javale McGee ain't the smartest dude but he and a few others are cheap and can get that type of job done.

Negotiating a CBA is always about owners colluding together to ensure that they keep costs low. Its what the whole industry wants to do because that is best for the cartel, keep costs low and prices high (prices doesn't matter here because what does it mean to restrict output for the NBA?).Once the negotiation is over, EVERY owner has the incentive to try and break the agreement in order gain more revenue. They can't really break it, but they can try to search for loopholes or figure out strange scenarios that force another owner into a bad position or what have you. They try to win the game by playing as cut-throat as possible. This ends up driving the costs up and once they get too high (based solely on their actions) that eventually pushes them back to the CBA table.The cycle will start again and again and again. Adding on more clauses is not likely to solve the problem. It certainly has not done so yet.