• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Magic say trades are off..........

Vol4ever

• Moderators

Does anybody know who has the ability to trade for Dwight? Atlanta, Houston, Lakers.........? I just dont see the Lakers wanting to mess up their team chemistry by busting things up and going with a player like D12 who has handled this miserably. You gotta remember the tug of war between Kobe and Shawq in the past.

I definitely see LA wanting to add Dwight. He is 26 and better than anyone on their roster. They got their career season from Bynum, who stayed healthy for once, so they either believe that is the new norm for him or they work their best to make the deal. I think they are burning the phone lines trying to make this happen.

If anybody, it was Brooklyn who said, "Enough with the trades." The Magic will still do whatever they can to deal D12.

Exactly. Brooklyn couldn't afford to keep this up. As soon as another team signed Lopez to an offer sheet they would be screwed on getting Dwight. An offer sheet would have prevented Brooklyn from using Lopez in a sign and trade. They would either see him leave for nothing in return or they would have to have matched the offer. By matching the offer sheet they wouldn't be able to trade him for another year which would force Dwight to go in free agency. Lopez would have definitely gotten a max offer sheet today which is why Brooklyn had to cut the talks and sign him out right. By killing trade talks and signing Lopez they can potentially trade him in January still (they have to wait 6 months due to the increase in his salary or something). Brooklyn being out of the short term picture definitely enhances our chances, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if Dwight wanted to stay in Atlanta (after a trade) he wouldn't be able to. He would be leaving entirely too much Adidas bonus money on the table by not going to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn being out of the short term picture definitely enhances our chances, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if Dwight wanted to stay in Atlanta (after a trade) he wouldn't be able to. He would be leaving entirely too much Adidas bonus money on the table by not going to Brooklyn.

Anybody have any proof or confirmation of this supposed adidas money? I keep hearing rumblings about it but it sounds about as likely as your average NBA conspiracy theory.
  • Like 1