• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard News Update Threads****

AHF

• Moderators
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodalagoing to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said. The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

• Moderators

It'll be nice to see this stuff unpinned soon. Meanwhile, up in Brooklopezville, they say Orlando was getting picky with them, too... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/brooklyn-nets-deron-williams-lost-interest-dwight-howard-sweepstakes-thursday-trade-lakers-article-1.1134219#ixzz23G8pRIW3

A league source told the Daily News that a stumbling block in negotiations was lingering animosity stemming from the Magic’s belief the Nets illegally contacted Howard in December without Orlando’s permission. The Nets denied they had met with Howard, and charges were never filed with the league.

“(Nets GM Billy King) did everything he could to try and get a deal done. They just didn’t want to deal him to us so what can you do... Mentally I wasn’t in the Dwight sweepstakes anymore. It got kinda old. I’m happy for him. I know he wanted to get out of Orlando. He did that and he’s going to a great franchise so I wish him the best of luck.”

~lw3

Bottom line is Dwight doesn't want to be here and Orlando would prefer to trade him somewhere far away. It is not Ferry's fault on this one.

Bottom line to me was always that it was not only about Dwight. It was and is about significantly upgrading your team and Bynum would have done that.