• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson at the Brooklyn facility

yungsta

I can honestly say I've never seen Joe do that or even be acknowledge at all by the other teams in Atlanta.

http://www.nba.com/h...son_051606.html

Posted Image

JOE JOHNSON SERVES AS HONORARY CAPTAIN AT BRAVES GAME

ATLANTA (May 16, 2006) -- Hawks guard Joe Johnson served as the honorary captain at the Atlanta Braves game Tuesday night, a thrilling 4-3 Atlanta win in 11 innings. Johnson's role was to assist the Braves third base coach in delivering the lineup card to the umpires. While at the game, Johnson had the chance to meet the Braves team and coaches, along with former President Jimmy Carter.

That is strange, with your head so far up Joe's ass I would have assumed you would remember when Joe was honorary captain for the Braves. I guess the city just didn't appreciate Joe enough though, should have let him coach 1st base.

And why do we have so many Nets fans all of a sudden? I thought this was a Hawks message board.

• Premium Member

http://www.nba.com/h...son_051606.html

Posted Image

That is strange, with your head so far up Joe's ass I would have assumed you would remember when Joe was honorary captain for the Braves. I guess the city just didn't appreciate Joe enough though, should have let him coach 1st base.

And why do we have so many Nets fans all of a sudden? I thought this was a Hawks message board.

I'm supposed to remember something from six years ago? Yes, I'll never forget that magical time six years ago. Oh wait.

• Premium Member

Deron is better than a back to back league MVP? Man you've gone off the deep end!

Steve Nash is one of the most overrated players in NBA history. Its like people only watch him on offense, close their eyes when he's on defense, and open them up again when he has the ball again. I'd take Deron Williams any days of the week over Nash. I've said for years that Deron is the best PG in the NBA.

• Premium Member

Joe is a real good player, but is already going out of his way to hate on his time in Atlanta. Why are you so obsessed with defending someone that Hawk fans have every responsibility to dislike? And saying that Deron Williams is better than Nash in his prime isn't going to help your credibility.

He's what now? Going out of his way to hate on Atlanta? Did I miss an interview that he's given recently that he bashed Atlanta or the great fans like you (I can't even type that with a straight face) that clearly supported him when he was here?

Well this has turned sour quickly. Someone is backed into a corner with their ridiculous opinion and is not likely to budge even when faced with evidence that proves their initial point incorrect. Better get the popcorn.

Posted Image

• Premium Member

Well this has turned sour quickly. Someone is backed into a corner with their ridiculous opinion and is not likely to budge even when faced with evidence that proves their initial point incorrect. Better get the popcorn.

Posted Image

You shouldn't hate on yourself like that. It is unseemly.

He's what now? Going out of his way to hate on Atlanta? Did I miss an interview that he's given recently that he bashed Atlanta or the great fans like you (I can't even type that with a straight face) that clearly supported him when he was here?

Of course I supported him when he was a Hawk. Our success as a franchise depended almost completely on him playing like a superstar because of that contract. For that reason I rooted like hell for him. What does that have to do with anything now? He plays for the Nets.

• Premium Member

Of course I supported him when he was a Hawk. Our success as a franchise depended almost completely on him playing like a superstar because of that contract. For that reason I rooted like hell for him. What does that have to do with anything now? He plays for the Nets.

You are the one that said he's going out of his way to bash Atlanta and the fans here. So I asked for the interview where he's said all these awful things about Atlanta and the fans. I'm still waiting. You said he did this horrible thing, I'm still waiting for the evidence.

You are the one that said he's going out of his way to bash Atlanta and the fans here. So I asked for the interview where he's said all these awful things about Atlanta and the fans. I'm still waiting. You said he did this horrible thing, I'm still waiting for the evidence.

Did he not say that he hasn't been this excited since he was in Phoenix? How is that not talking negatively about his time in Atlanta? I never mentioned talking about the fans. He did that while he was still wearing the Hawks uni. Remember? He didn't care if we showed up or not. I guess because he wasn't excited about us. Edited by Dakin

• Premium Member

Did he not say that he hasn't been this excited since he was in Phoenix? How is that not talking negatively about his time in Atlanta? I never mentioned talking about the fans. He did that while he was still wearing the Hawks uni. Remember? He didn't care if we showed up or not. I guess because he wasn't excited about us.

So by not mentioning the team that traded him that somehow is speaking negatively of them? That doesn't make any sense. He's playing with the best player he's ever played with and he said he was the most excited since he was in Phoenix when he played with the second best player he's ever played with in Nash. I guess I just don't see how this is some kind of inflammatory statement about Atlanta and its fans that I as a fan should be insulted over.

So by not mentioning the team that traded him that somehow is speaking negatively of them? That doesn't make any sense. He's playing with the best player he's ever played with and he said he was the most excited since he was in Phoenix when he played with the second best player he's ever played with in Nash. I guess I just don't see how this is some kind of inflammatory statement about Atlanta and its fans that I as a fan should be insulted over.

yeah, we get that.

Don't like the backpack, but to each his own I guess. I honestly don't think that Joe cares what team he plays on, or atleast he won't show it. The guy is the epitome of a true professional, despite what logo he has on his chest he will play 100% everytime.

I believe you are right. He will be professional and it will be electric in Brooklyn. Joe got good players around him on the court, a good coach and loads of support upstairs. But Joe, the speed of the city is your challenge. Choose your friends wisely Joe.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

So the four or five times a season that might happen he'll get criticized? Cool story bro. I think they'll like the 20/5/5 games with great defense shutting down opposing wing players a little more often.

it's been three years since he put up those type of numbers. 18/4/4 is more like it. Joe during the regular season should be fine though, what he'll certainly need to improve upon is his playoff performances if he wants to avoid a media lynching. But considering he will be the number 2 guy and have reduced preasure and responsibility there's a decent chance he will find his Pheonix suns playoff form... at the very least until he turns 32 which is usually the age where SGs start seeing a steep decline in their play. Great player for us, but all things considered, I'm glad we've moved on.

I fly alot and rarely see men needing a hooded jacket in July on a plane. Just speaking from my own personal expierence.

Wearing sunglass indoors or wearing a hoodie indoors are just 2 pet peeves of mine...............and its worse when your over under 30..........that is how I expect teenagers to dress/act. When your posing for a picture why don't you pull the hoodie down so we see your head ? Maybe he pulled the hoodie over his head just for the picture so he could look "buck." At least that is what I think the kids say now.

Oh well, I suppose I prefer the indoor hoodie over the head in July to the "geek trend" of wearing thick frames with no lenses with short sleeve buttom up shirts and ties.

lol is that what they say ? I can totally picture as the cranky old guy in the neighborhood that bugs people about everything.

I agree . . the pic is kind of crazy looking. He looks like a "widow" in that picI also agree with Sothron on the Deron vs Nash debate. If forced to choose between the two in their primes, give me Deron over Nash. Nash won an MVP while only averaging 15.5 ppg and 11.5 asst ( 2005 ). Heck, John Stockton averaged 15.6 ppg and 12.8 assists over a 10 year span during his prime years, and never got higher than 7th in the MVP voting in any year. As good as Nash is, he's nowhere near on Stockton's level. Deron isn't the shooter that those two are, but he's every bit of the passer and a more explosive scorer at times.It's scary to think that the best player that Deron has ever played with . . . was Carlos Boozer. Now he gets to play with a guy he should've been playing with for the past 7 years.As for JJ "bashing Atlanta", he did no such thing. The Hawks basically threw him out of the city, for a bunch of slugs and dead mice, yet, JJ is supposed to hold in his enthusiasm for going to Brooklyn? He's supposed to hold things in and not be excited, when he gets THIS kind of reception?

The Hawks marketing team can take a page out of what they're doing in Brooklyn for JJ and Deron, and do 30% of that for Smith and Horford. At least TRY to sell those guys to the city.
  • Like 2

Joe going to Brooklyn was definitely the best thing to happen to him in recent years. He's the perfect guy to pair with Deron the wing. I think the trade was also was good for us in the long run too, because we never really stood a chance to achieve much more with him. Now at least we give Ferry to build this team and hopefully it works out where we are contending for a title in a few years.

Soth my original point was that Joe's dookie probably twinkles. Are you telling me that, in fact, Joe's dookie does not twinkle?

“It’s going to be fun. I’ve never had the chance to experience the big city, bright lights — I mean not just coming here and visiting — but as far as making it home. It’s going to be different, but it’s a challenge I’m ready for,” the Arkansas-born Johnson said. “Atlanta was great, don’t get me wrong, but we didn’t have a rival. When you look at the Knicks even when they weren’t as good as they are now, they still sold out every game. We’re going to bring so much to Brooklyn, I can see us doing the same.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/johnson_makes_his_pitch_to_eIM1JJeOVanYl2DBW8dTKP#ixzz20bg612hA

Soth my original point was that Joe's dookie probably twinkles. Are you telling me that, in fact, Joe's dookie does not twinkle?

http://www.nypost.co...P#ixzz20bg612hA

im excited for Joe. That pep rally looked off the chain. Fans excited. Does anyone in atlanta get excited about the Hawks like that?