• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which new Hawk are you most excited to see play?

Sothron

Which new Hawk are you most excited to see play?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on now. I know you have been nothing but negative but this is just being silly. Surely at least ONE of the new guys makes you want to watch them.

What do you expect he's named his account after JJ and has BK as his avatar lol

• Premium Member

What do you expect he's named his account after JJ and has BK as his avatar lol

I know he's probably just a troll account but since I got yelled at for accusing someone of being a troll before I'm trying to play nice. I don't see how any one that is a fan of a team can not be at least a little excited to watch even just ONE of the new guys on the team.

I know he's probably just a troll account but since I got yelled at for accusing someone of being a troll before I'm trying to play nice. I don't see how any one that is a fan of a team can not be at least a little excited to watch even just ONE of the new guys on the team.

Jeez no reaction to my JJ barb? Why I even waste my time is beyond me!

• Premium Member

Jeez no reaction to my JJ barb? Why I even waste my time is beyond me!

As I said in my first post I'm sick of talking about Joe and the old team or the Dwight Howard dreams. I think it is time to focus on what team we actually have on the roster and so I ignored that jab. Posted Image
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I am the most interested in seeing Anothony Morrow play to see what we can get out of him. I liked him the few games we played the Nets last season and think he could develop in JJ2-lite. He has the scoring ability and a few moves. Just needs to develop a little more on the defensive end. I believe he could be great for us, I am just worried if he'll get reupped after this season...

• Premium Member

None of the above and I do not think they were brought here to drum up excitement.

Bingo.

Come on now. I know you have been nothing but negative but this is just being silly. Surely at least ONE of the new guys makes you want to watch them.

Sorry Sothron, but no. With the exception of Lou Williams, who is basically a young Flip Murray, all these guys were brought in for their expiring contracts and not for their playing ability. We started to rebuild this summer. I'm excited to see how we reload next summer after their contracts expire along with Josh's and we can start on the road back to 50 wins. But unless they surprise me between now and then, I can't get excited about watching guys on a squad that I think would be somewhat lucky to win 36 games. Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Bingo. Sorry Sothron, but no. With the exception of Lou Williams, who is basically a young Flip Murray, all these guys were brought in for their expiring contracts and not for their playing ability. We started to rebuild this summer. I'm excited to see how we reload next summer after their contracts expire along with Josh's and we can start on the road back to 50 wins. But unless they surprise me between now and then, I can't get excited about watching guys on a squad that I think would be somewhat lucky to win 36 games.

Lou got a multi year deal at the MLE though so he at least will still be here after this season same with Jenkins.

• Premium Member

Lou got a multi year deal at the MLE though so he at least will still be here after this season same with Jenkins.

Well, I explicitly said "with the exception of Lou Williams." You're right, Jenkins probably will be around next season...probably. But to be honest, I would be surprised if we didn't release or trade at least 5 of the guys you mentioned (including at least 2 of Morrow, Korver, Harris, or Stephenson) before THIS season even starts. Jenkins seems like a good shooter. Those are hard to come by. We also have Korver and Morrow, who basically offer the same thing. Problem is, three point shooting alone from your wings does not get you far in the NBA. Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

Well, I explicitly said "with the exception of Lou Williams." You're right, Jenkins probably will be around next season...probably. But to be honest, I would be surprised if we didn't release or trade at least 5 of the guys you mentioned (including at least 2 of Morrow, Korver, Harris, or Stephenson) before THIS season even starts. Jenkins seems like a good shooter. Those are hard to come by. We also have Korver and Morrow, who basically offer the same thing. Problem is, three point shooting alone from your wings does not get you far in the NBA.

Yes, I mentioned the length of Lou's deal to show you that there is at least one guy Ferry believes in to be here for longer than one season. Lou has his problems but he's a productive player.

There is gonna be a month when Korver hits half of his threes, and the more he hits, the more he'll take. I'm looking forward to that. He opens up huge opportunities and soft spots for the offense when he's on. One of the few players in the league who draws doubles at the arc, yet the defense cannot double off of unless they're playing Russian Roulette. An open three for him is like a free throw.

• Premium Member

Yes, I mentioned the length of Lou's deal to show you that there is at least one guy Ferry believes in to be here for longer than one season. Lou has his problems but he's a productive player.

I've never liked his game. I saw plenty of him when I lived in Philly, and I was never impressed. He has no real weapons offensively and was useless defensively. His benefit is that he is good at scoring from everywhere. But he's also not great at scoring from anywhere. Like I said, I think we'll get about the same from him as we got from Flip - volume scoring and an occasional sparkplug, but defensively useless. Can't get very excited about that from a 6'2 shooting guard. Edited by niremetal

I've never liked his game. I saw plenty of him when I lived in Philly, and I was never impressed. He has no real weapons offensively and was useless defensively. His benefit is that he is good at scoring from everywhere. But he's also not great at scoring from anywhere. Like I said, I think we'll get about the same from him as we got from Flip - volume scoring and an occasional sparkplug, but defensively useless. Can't get very excited about that from a 6'2 shooting guard.

He's a 6th man. I'm pretty sure other teams would love to have him. Scoring off the bench is what we need.

Bingo. Sorry Sothron, but no. With the exception of Lou Williams, who is basically a young Flip Murray, all these guys were brought in for their expiring contracts and not for their playing ability. We started to rebuild this summer. I'm excited to see how we reload next summer after their contracts expire along with Josh's and we can start on the road back to 50 wins. But unless they surprise me between now and then, I can't get excited about watching guys on a squad that I think would be somewhat lucky to win 36 games.

Much respect. I appreciate your post not because you agree with me but because you decided to explain in more words exactly why I am not excited about any of these guys.

• Moderators

I am excited to see a lot of these guys play - even the ones who are just filling space for next season.I am intrigued by what we are going to see from Lou Williams. He is not a prototype anything, but it is unusual to see a leading scorer from a playoff team let go for a relatively low priced deal like this so very interested there.I am excited to see what Jenkins brings to the table. Can he get his shot off and hit a high % in the NBA like in college? Can he defend or demonstrate any other skills? What potential does he have the future.Devin Harris is intriguing to see if he has any part of his prime left in those legs. He isn't very old but could be a huge impact for this team if he plays well. Morrow and Korver should each have a number of big games and big shots during the season. While I have no interest in watching them play D, I am excited to watch them shoot and space the floor.Mike Scott - I want to see him prove me wrong and show that he is going to be a significant rotation player by rebounding the ball effectively and nailing his pick and pop offense. If we end up running a lot of pick and roll this season, he should get some real minutes.Stevenson - I want to see him digging in on D. We will be in big need of his perimeter defense. Williams / Petro - Can either of these guys impact our big man rotation? Petro is more of an unknown for me while Williams is much more exciting to see if he can develop than someone like Stackhouse.* * * *My #1 pick is tough to make, but comes down to either Jenkins or Lou.

• Moderators

Another thing is that, with all of these expiring contracts, this season is basically open tryouts all season long for who gets reupped. A lot of people's guessing is that DF's Plan A is to bring Dwight home. If that is the case, than there will a lot of eager players to get on back on the roster to be apart of a title contender in Atlanta. It'll be a season long debate on who the Squawk feels deserves to be resigned. After every big game that Morrow, Harris, or Korver has, we will be telling DF to give them an extension and vise-versa.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

1. Devin Harris 2. Louis Williams 3. John Jenkins

Yea, same. In that order. Really just looking forward to see how this "spread the floor" with ace shooters thing works out for Smoove and Horf.