• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: SF Wish List

hazer

• Admin

Smith would get destroyed by the quick small forwards, as someone pointed out...he is not a great man on man defender and he is just an average perimeter defender. We lose his help d too where he excels. His jump shooting is horrible and should not be encouraged. He is a pure power forward and that is where he needs to lineup to be effective. Josh has shown a nice post game and he should spend his time doing that and penetrating.

Guest Walter

He is a pure power forward and that is where he needs to lineup to be effective.

No way in hell JS is a pure Pf. With shooters at the 1 and 2 or a stretch 4 I especially like him at the 3. I ONLY like JS at the 4 if we get a BIG, likely top 2 center. THAT is the rub. JS has more options to positively impact this team at the 3 and only a rare chance in hell to excel at the 4. Mind you, a BIG top rated center and JS is likely better than any other option, but it's also the least likely. W

I don`t know whether he can play SF but Delfino is currently out of his mind against Lithuania. 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and he is already 6-8 from the 3pt line. Just saying :-)

Thats the guy who I would love to see at SF. He seemed to always have huge games against us with the Bucks.

Shawne Williams anyone ? Yeah, he shot just 0.241 from beyond the arc last season but we can't forget about the fact that he was bothered by foot injury from the beginning of the season. In February he opted for season-ending foot surgery. His basketball career was nearly over and he made the most of his 2nd shot w/ NY. He's 6-9 a defensive minded small forward who loves to play tough hard nosed D and knock down corner 3's. He's solid on-ball all-around defender and that's what we need the most after acquiring bunch of offensive minded players who cannot play at 3. Actually, we don't have any true SF on the roster. Ferry should take a look at him. Williams can be had for vet min easily and he would be a steal at that price.

3:10, 3:25 - poor Smoove, lol Carlos Delfino ? NO NO NO. He's seeking for multi-year deal and that says everything. Shawne Williams FTW. Edited by suiluap

Donte Greene can be a pleasant surprise!! He's 6'11 can shoot mid range and long range and is decent close to the basket and on defense because of his length. He might be a diamond in the rough playing with the right team and system.

• Moderators

With his QO renounced, Greene's salary demand (he made $1.68 mill last year) is more in line with the Bi-Annual Exception ($1.957 mill in Year 1, no more than 2-year deal w/ max. 4.5% raise in Year 2) the Hawks could consider using. I've lost favor with him over the years but his passing, free throw shooting and defensive rebounding have improved even though his field goal shooting has not, so a one-year deal would be alright to offer. Besides, Kings fans note that he was awash with a lot of unsteadiness (positional roles, coaches, systems, owners) in the past four years, hindering any chance of consistent development. He'd have to prove himself capable of becoming a starter soon, though, and not just by virtue of his measurements.~lw3

What about that other former King, Terrence Williams? The Aaron Brooks signing eliminated him from their plans and he's the same size/athleticism as Gee. Donte is intriguing as a 6'11" SF (when or where he gained 3 inches from, I'll never know) because where his shooting went down, his defense went up. Could refill that Marvin role