• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bynum is a MUST!...him beside BIG AL is pure dominance! and smith happiness just took a BIG Dive?

JTB

First off I love smith as much as you guys but the man must go! or he WILL SCREW US! I like smith but i dont trust smith....seriously do you?

The D12 to LA trade affects smith DEEPLY! Trading smith is a must! I hope Ferry dont get screwed by trusting smith and as much as I want to keep him, the real reason smith was happy about the all the hawks moves that ferry did is because he thought like us that Howard would come to the ATL but now that Howard is in purple and gold I seriously doubt that D12 goes elsewhere, thats just how it is in LA! Lets be real the finals is Heat and the Lakers and Im sure D12 is going to resign long term in a Laker uni as he will have plenty of opportunity to get atleast 3 rings!.....Smith is no longer happy! he cant be! get rid of him Ferry and move.

now for the WE MUST GET BYNUM portion of this thread....

I dont care what you guys think of Bynum this dude is a BEAST wheather you like his attitude or not it would be stupid to pass up on to some the Best center and if not the best def the 2nd best center in the NBA! I mean come on guys the door is wide open for Bynum to be a hawk! I seriously doubt he stays in philly, though espn for some reason thinks philly got better I have to disagree! as a team philly wont be that great!

Look squawkers Bynum has 2 rings! yes he can be injury prone but I got to give the big guy credit! when LA needed him he took those shots, drained that knee and played hard in the finals for LA both times! You cant say anything about that! He wants max money I say give it to him! Bynum and Horford would be a beast BIG MAN dou in the NBA!

We need to take a risk and sign Bynum! cant be safe all the time.....

I made this post really to tell you guys that sometimes you have to just suck it up and take risk on players! We missed out on that with d12! lets not miss out on bynum in free agency just cause he has a bad attitude!...shit good, maybe that shit will rub off on the other hawks to play like some men and get aggressive every second their on the court!...I mean i get that he gets techs but its worth dealing with.

We arent losing in a deal of locking up a dou for years to come of bynum and horford! good centers are hard to find!

How our offense would run if Bynum and horford was our BIG dou.....

obviously the 2 would combine for atleast 33pts and 20 rebs a game! thats the easy part....but teague/harris fits with these guys! horford is a great pick and roll BIG while bynum isnt great at it at all, thats probably why LA traded him but that is the best part of theses two BIGs! One good BIG in the inside the other good big can stroke it all day! the small back court wont matter now because of the size of bynum in the inside!...once we trade smith for a legit 3 its all said and done!

*a small backcourt is perfectly fine with horford and bynum in the paint!

love this lineup!

pg-teague or harris

sg-jenkins or morrow

sf-trade smith! we can get something good out of this!...(rudy gay, paul george, something)

pf-horford

c-bynum

and we still have money left over after this deal to get some great assets for the bench!...Im predicting this happens come next off season! Ferry wants to see if teague can have a breakout year! and if that happens bynum comes....smith will get traded for something good and our bench will be stacked!...forgot james harden would be a free agent!

First off not too many stars care about this city like Smoove does and who's to say they all want look elsewhere if things don't go as planned. If Bynum does come here during free agency than why would we need to trade Smoove? I'm sure he'll want to play with somebody who has the heart of Smoove. If I had to choose Horford would go because honestly I can not recall any particular stars that Horford has dominated playing power foward. Yes he had dominate games against the Pacers and Bulls but that was playing center against Noah & Hibbert. Smoove just recently had a dominate game against the likes of Kevin Durant and the Thunder (No Joe Johnson,no Al Horford). He has had dominate games against Garnett (in his prime), Amare and plenty other pretty good bigs in this league. As for Smoove I believe, like us he thinks that the moves Ferry made shows that this organization is serious about championship contention. We kept the three players with the most potential. Our team should be an offensive juggernaut next year playing run and gun basketball. We are a flexible team money & player/trade wise. Smoove just wants to play for a winner. Although he would love to play Alongside Dwight again he has enough pride to believe he is just as great in his own right. He didn't ask to be traded to play with Dwight or demand a team or the team Dwight goes to like Gilbert Arenas for instance. Smoove is a loyal guy with a lot of pride and loves this city!! Get out of panic mode it looks bad.

Bynum is a max contract guy (even though he does not deserve it) and we are not going to sign a max contract guy from free agency, period. 25 million is a lot of money to leave on the table for an injury prone player like Bynum and he will certainly not do it for Atlanta. He will go ahead and sign with Sixers for maximum like Howard signs with Lakers. That is why I thought the only way to get Howard was through Horford trade. 25 million extra would probably keep him here like the D-Will case.

Time to come back to reality and move on...

Edited by nitte

Nobody is going to sign here.Not Bynum nor anyone else that is above 2nd tier.WILL NOT HAPPEN.As for Josh Smith... I honestly don't care what happens to him. He is a tweener that will never help a team win anything. Unless he accepts the role of a role player. That's the only way he will ever contribute to a team with any major goals. You saw how he stunk it up on the offensive end in the playoffs. His offensive game is hot garbage. He surely isn't worth double figure millions of bucks.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

First off not too many stars care about this city like Smoove does and who's to say they all want look elsewhere if things don't go as planned. If Bynum does come here during free agency than why would we need to trade Smoove? I'm sure he'll want to play with somebody who has the heart of Smoove. If I had to choose Horford would go because honestly I can not recall any particular stars that Horford has dominated playing power foward. Yes he had dominate games against the Pacers and Bulls but that was playing center against Noah & Hibbert. Smoove just recently had a dominate game against the likes of Kevin Durant and the Thunder (No Joe Johnson,no Al Horford). He has had dominate games against Garnett (in his prime), Amare and plenty other pretty good bigs in this league. As for Smoove I believe, like us he thinks that the moves Ferry made shows that this organization is serious about championship contention. We kept the three players with the most potential. Our team should be an offensive juggernaut next year playing run and gun basketball. We are a flexible team money & player/trade wise. Smoove just wants to play for a winner. Although he would love to play Alongside Dwight again he has enough pride to believe he is just as great in his own right. He didn't ask to be traded to play with Dwight or demand a team or the team Dwight goes to like Gilbert Arenas for instance. Smoove is a loyal guy with a lot of pride and loves this city!! Get out of panic mode it looks bad.

no way smith wants to stay here unless he see's some more changes and thats not happening until next off season...so why risk trusting smith that he will stay?.....and thats the problem we are never in the panic mode, we need to get in one and make things happen!

Nobody is going to sign here. Not Bynum nor anyone else that is above 2nd tier. WILL NOT HAPPEN. As for Josh Smith... I honestly don't care what happens to him. He is a tweener that will never help a team win anything. Unless he accepts the role of a role player. That's the only way he will ever contribute to a team with any major goals. You saw how he stunk it up on the offensive end in the playoffs. His offensive game is hot garbage. He surely isn't worth double figure millions of bucks.

so you just let smith walk away?....heellllll NO! we trade him for another all star straight up or for good pieces! desiel mentioned gallanari...I say we trade smith for a package involving a player thats similar to gallanari plus others, which is also the type of player that ferry seems to go after anyhow judging by his recent moves here.

• Premium Member

The only shot we had at Dwight was trading Horford and letting Josh, Morrow and Louis Williams work their magic on Dwight to keep him here. Now? Forget it. Dwight isn't leaving the Lakers who now have his bird rights and that 100 million Adidas bonus he has now for playing in a major market (NY or LA).Bynum is from an hour away from Philly and they have his bird rights. He is the unquestioned best player on that roster and they'll make him a superstar if he can stay healthy. He's not leaving Philly and 25 extra million to take less to come here.Our offseason plans just got tossed out the window. It is time to trade Josh and Horford for lottery picks and go dumpster diving in the lottery until we find superstars and we have to maintain our cap room to sign guys once we do.The worst thing Ferry can do is give Josh a new deal at the end of the season and then waste cap room on "good but not great" players to keep us locked into second round NOTHINGNESS all over again.

• Like 1

so you just let smith walk away?....heellllll NO! we trade him for another all star straight up or for good pieces! desiel mentioned gallanari...I say we trade smith for a package involving a player thats similar to gallanari plus others, which is also the type of player that ferry seems to go after anyhow judging by his recent moves here.

I don't really care anymore. I don't care if they get something or they don't. It will not be much if they do. Josh Smith is the dumbest player in the NBA. Top 5 at worst. No much value there. Edited by Hotlanta1981

You guys are talking noise once again.-We dont need Bynum. Orlando passed on him for a reason. Can this guy play 70 games? HOw many games has this dude missed since he came into the league. Its a reason the Lakers let him go if he was so good. BTW does Bynum live in atl in the off season? just wondering.- You dont trade Smoove until the trade deadline. That why we know how the team stands. Why trade him now, you going to get the same thing now you will get at the deadline. Its not like the GMs sees him as something special, shit he cant even get the coaches to put him as a all star reserve.-Smoove is going to prove his value this 1st half of the season. SO will Teague and Horf.You guys are not making any sense around here. So what we didnt howard. We cant get in a deal if Orlando didnt want us in the deal. What dont you understand about that. Magic didnt want to trade him in the division. Ferry already mentioned that he was shot down by Orlando in July.

• Moderators

Just another little uncrumbled cookie for the Bynum fans...

http://www.hoopsworl...d-to-be-a-76er/

Bynum is eligible to sign a three-year $57.1 million extension any time before July 1. If he becomes a free agent, by virtue of having his bird rights, the 76ers could offer him a five-year contract worth $101.9 million. Other teams can only offer him a four years.

The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, and Houston Rockets are all projected to have cap space next summer and very well could be interested in offering Bynum a max deal.

“We have not had that discussion yet,” Lee said when asked if they were open to discussing an extension with the 76ers or set on hitting free agency.

~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3