• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The numbers say what?!?!?!(Hold on to your seats boys)

HawkItus

A thing that is getting overlooked here is that Josh took it upon himself to become a scorer because all of Jamal, Kirkland and Al were gone and then Joe decided to save himself for the playoffs (ha!) Considering the amount of high usage guards of which Ferry has already dictated the ball will run through plus the return of Al, I'd imagine Josh's usage goes down and his efficiency ticks back up. Highly doubtful he goes into "get mine" mode due to it being a contract year because look around you.......you don't need to do much to get a max or near max deal anymore if Serge Ibaka can secure a deal around 51.5 mil and be considered a "coup".Will he still take jumpers? Of course! I doubt 8 years of collective prayers will ever reach him but the shear volume of his shots will drop and who knows, maybe he sees all of those open lanes off of the guards' penetration and says "hey, I could drive and dunk this instead!"

A thing that is getting overlooked here is that Josh took it upon himself to become a scorer because all of Jamal, Kirkland and Al were gone and then Joe decided to save himself for the playoffs (ha!) Considering the amount of high usage guards of which Ferry has already dictated the ball will run through plus the return of Al, I'd imagine Josh's usage goes down and his efficiency ticks back up. Highly doubtful he goes into "get mine" mode due to it being a contract year because look around you.......you don't need to do much to get a max or near max deal anymore if Serge Ibaka can secure a deal around 51.5 mil and be considered a "coup". Will he still take jumpers? Of course! I doubt 8 years of collective prayers will ever reach him but the shear volume of his shots will drop and who knows, maybe he sees all of those open lanes off of the guards' penetration and says "hey, I could drive and dunk this instead!"

Very true. Its the hate mentality. Heck, we're all guilt of bias against players.

• Moderators

By JJ2 do you mean Joe or Jenkins? I'm hoping Jenkins is one of those guys who shines as a pro but i'm suspecting he may be sitting most of the time. I do think we will be exciting to watch and will hopefully put some highlights back in the factory. We just need to be able to hold it together down the stretch defensively. I'm still expecting more trades before the end of the year though.

I meant Joe, sorry for the confusion... I really hope Jenk starts for us next season, especially if Plan A happens. Let him learn amongst the stars and I agree, I believe a TD trade will happen for us. Ferry keeps talking about addressing the wing issue.

• Moderators

Total aside, your John Jenkins news of the day from the NBA rookie photo shoot: https://twitter.com/JaredZwerling/status/238013769920425984

John Jenkins is lights out from three. A gym rat. He keeps shooting by himself while other rookies goof around nearby.

Field Goal % of these 5 players in 2011 - 12 // True Shooting % of the 5 players in 2011-12

- Horford: .553 // .585

- Teague: .476 // .551

- Smith: .458 // .499

- Harris: .445 // .564

- Williams: .407 // .525

TS% Comparison Joe Johnson - .557 (2010/11 - .517; 2009/10 - .538; 2008-09 - .534; 2007-08 - .535)

I added the ts% because I think it gives a much better picture of offensive efficiency. The bottomline message is that Josh's jump shooting needs to decrease.

Here were the Top 20 in TS% last season

1. Tyson Chandler-NYK .708

2. James Harden-OKC .660

3. Tiago Splitter-SAS .649

4. Brandon Rush-GSW .628

5. Steve Nash-PHO .625

6. Kevin Durant-OKC .610

7. Nikola Pekovic-MIN .607

8. Ray Allen-BOS .607

9. LeBron James-MIA .605

10. Kyle Korver-CHI .600

11. Mike Dunleavy-MIL .597

12. Andrew Bynum-LAL .594

13. Ryan Anderson-ORL .589

14. Arron Afflalo-DEN .584

15. Chris Paul-LAC .581

16. Ty Lawson-DEN .579

17. Danny Green-SAS .579

18. Marcin Gortat-PHO .578

19. Mario Chalmers-MIA .578

20. Ersan Ilyasova-MIL .577

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators

Think he worked up a sweat?

Posted Image

*As an aside to your aside: think we'll ever see the Joseph 4 donning a uniform pre-media day?

Some tall dude in L.A. just saw that pic and said, "Hey, wait a minute, that was gunna be MY number!" Posted Image

I am thoroughly stumped about the Exnets. I'm guessing most of those guys will remain here, but one will get shipped out with Kyle, who also seems to be stuck out there on No Jersey Island (I think jersey #26 is available), and maybe a second-rounder. Of course, my guesses change by the hour.

~lw3

A thing that is getting overlooked here is that Josh took it upon himself to become a scorer because all of Jamal, Kirkland and Al were gone and then Joe decided to save himself for the playoffs (ha!) Considering the amount of high usage guards of which Ferry has already dictated the ball will run through plus the return of Al, I'd imagine Josh's usage goes down and his efficiency ticks back up. Highly doubtful he goes into "get mine" mode due to it being a contract year because look around you.......you don't need to do much to get a max or near max deal anymore if Serge Ibaka can secure a deal around 51.5 mil and be considered a "coup". Will he still take jumpers? Of course! I doubt 8 years of collective prayers will ever reach him but the shear volume of his shots will drop and who knows, maybe he sees all of those open lanes off of the guards' penetration and says "hey, I could drive and dunk this instead!"

Highly doubtful? We're talking about the possibility of Josh getting a MAX contract from somebody and having the ability to even force the Hawks to pay him that extra 5th year. There's a big difference between an Ibaka 4 yr - 51 mill . . . and a potential 5 yr - 80 mill deal for Josh. And there's no way that Josh can have an All-Star caliber season unless he's putting up right at, or a little bit over what he did last year. I mean . . . unless he's gotten a promise already from Ferry, that he'll be "taken care of", which is what I think the ASG did for JJ back in 2010. That's why JJ wasn't concerned about him getting a big money contract, even after he played horribly in that Orlando playoff series.

• Moderators

Here were the Top 20 in TS% last season

1. Tyson Chandler-NYK .708 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more point blank shots like this you take the better

2. James Harden-OKC .660 Stud scorer

3. Tiago Splitter-SAS .649 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more point blank shots like this you take the better

4. Brandon Rush-GSW .628 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a 45% clip the better

5. Steve Nash-PHO .625 Superstar offensive player combined with good shot selection

6. Kevin Durant-OKC .610 Superstar offensive stud

7. Nikola Pekovic-MIN .607 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the point blank more shots like this you take the better

8. Ray Allen-BOS .607 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's like this you take the better

9. LeBron James-MIA .605 Superstar scorer

10. Kyle Korver-CHI .600 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a high % the better

11. Mike Dunleavy-MIL .597 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a high % the better

12. Andrew Bynum-LAL .594 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the point blank more shots like this you take the better; good post scorer

13. Ryan Anderson-ORL .589 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a high % the better

14. Arron Afflalo-DEN .584 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a high % the better; add in FTs - good results

15. Chris Paul-LAC .581 Offensive superstar

16. Ty Lawson-DEN .579 Offensive stud (great fg%, good fts, good 3's)

17. Danny Green-SAS .579 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a high % the better

18. Marcin Gortat-PHO .578 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the point blank more shots like this you take the better

19. Mario Chalmers-MIA .578 Incredibly efficient due to shot selection; the more wide open 3's you take at a high % the better

20. Ersan Ilyasova-MIL .577 Incredibly efficient due wide to open 3's and anomalous career season

Exactly. See the above.