• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's plan is coming together

wolvetigers

The first quote you made was deleted by me because while the numbers coincide with the Synergy numbers, I don't know how they were done. Synergy might have done them the right way. For a proper analysis of possessions used, you absolutely do need to take into account all trips to the free throw line other than and-ones. For a proper analysis of scoring ability, off the ball fouls that send someone to the line don't seem as relevant unless you are talking about hack-a-Milsap, etc. The fact that they can't count total 3pters correctly doesn't inspire confidence in more advanced analysis, though. So 31 +3 = 36? No wonder I struggle to understand.

LOL. Then again, Synergy does give you the ability to look at each offensive play. When I get home tonight, I'll have to watch and count what they said was a 3 by Millsap, and see if it equals 36 attempts.

The bottom line is this. Many folks seem to think we are just totally sunk if we don't sign Howard or Bynum. Howard isn't going to give up his $100 million in endorsement money in order to play in a smaller market, even if he thinks the smaller market team may have a better shot at getting to the finals.

Having said that, I just think with someone like Jefferson, our odds would improve. No he's not an "elite" center, but I still think we'd have a better shot of getting to the finals with Jefferson as a starting center, versus Zaza. I like Zaza and his incredible hopsPosted Image

, but I think we would be better served using Zaza as the backup center.

I think a team with Jefferson, Horford, Smith, Teague, Harris, Williams, Zaza, Morrow, Jenkins, et al would be pretty good. However, if we can't sign Howard or Bynum, I hope we just don't collapse into the floor and cry. Let's do something else to improve the team.

• Like 1

I don't think I said scoring efficiency, I used the word effectiveness. Scoring was your thing, not mine. (Curiously however, what about your references to assists and turnovers, and rebounding when discussing Jefferson? Now you're confusing.) I am talking about overall effectiveness. Is a guy who scores 20 ppg, and not much else worth more than a guy who scores 10 ppg, gets 10 rpg and 10 apg?

Reading is fundamental. My most recent post addresses the FGA/FTA issue you seem to be pointing out.

You are muddling your own discussion and you should truly heed your own advice on reading comprehension. You quoted my first post listing his pros and cons and specifically addressed my statements on his scoring efficiency effectively making scoring your thing out of the entirety of my post. We repeatedly went back and forth discussing scoring efficiency specifically but now you want to say I confused you? C'mon now, do better.

Except in reality he's not scoring at a point per possession......The whole point of mentioning that he isn't offensively efficient or very adept at creating offense...

Where is it he's hitting 50% of his shots again? Sub 50% shooting the last 4 years. Hasn't touched .53% TS in 3 years. Has been assissted on over 50% of his baskets the past two years (58% in 10-11) so you can't say he's working hard to get all those points for himself. Terrible passer so he's not helping anyone else with that offense. Good defensive rebounder but terrible offensive rebounder for a guy primarily in the post so he's not creating extra possessions for your team. Fouled on less than 20% of his shot attempts so he's not even forcing the defense to react to his pressence but oh, do tell how he'll get you that bucket by "creating" offense in the 4th quarter.....but what else?

Hello?

You are muddling your own discussion and you should truly heed your own advice on reading comprehension. You quoted my first post listing his pros and cons and specifically addressed my statements on his scoring efficiency effectively making scoring your thing out of the entirety of my post. We repeatedly went back and forth discussing scoring efficiency specifically but now you want to say I confused you? C'mon now, do better.

Again, you want to make an issue of semantics, fine. However, you totally ignored my post of 5:47 pm, which again is typical.

OK, let's not have any low post offense for yet one more year. Let's all cry and whine because we won't get Howard or Bynum, and come to the conclusion that without those players we have no hope at all and should just blow up the team and have another 13 win season. My point was that Jefferson, Horford and Smith is better than Zaza, Horford and Smith, whether Jefferson is as offensively efficient as you'd like or not.

However, I won't dare speak on this subject any more so you won't have to deal with my inferior reasoning.

Hello?

Tell me when did you ever quote that post until now? So you complain about not having clairvoyance yet I on the other hand need to of amassed a library of all of your other posts addressing others in order to comprehend your direct comments to specific parts of my own argument that you decided to quote, bold and address. Yea, I think after a few more circles I'll come around to your logic.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!.......are you guys seriously arguing about al Jeffersons offense?!I just have one question....who the hell said Jefferson us going to be taking 20 shots if he were in a hawks uni with thus same roster?!Surely Jefferson wouldn't try to be "the man" here.....would he?

LOL. Then again, Synergy does give you the ability to look at each offensive play. When I get home tonight, I'll have to watch and count what they said was a 3 by Millsap, and see if it equals 36 attempts.

Well they had 36 clips of him shooting a 3, but one of those clips played twice. So that's 35. And another clip could've been ruled after the buzzer, because I'm not sure if he got that shot off before the end of that quarter. So it may have well been 34 threes for Millsap. LOL . . and at least 40% of those threes were end of the quarter or end of game threes. They didn't have a shooter they could rely on, so if he got his hands on the ball, he'd fire it up. On a side note, I see why Utah wanted Marvin now. That team had no 3 point shooting at all last year. Harris was actually their best 3 point shooter ( amongst the guys who played all season ) at 36%.

• Premium Member

Lets just hope his plan doesn't end with him replacing LD with Bob Weiss.

• Like 1

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!.......are you guys seriously arguing about al Jeffersons offense?! I just have one question....who the hell said Jefferson us going to be taking 20 shots if he were in a hawks uni with thus same roster?! Surely Jefferson wouldn't try to be "the man" here.....would he?

Thank you, like I pointed out earlier he has been asked to carry the offensive load for his teams, not here in Atlanta. He is just a piece that would give us a low post option. We all know why Josh is inefficient - long 2's, if he would shoot from Jefferson's distance he would be better served.

Thank you, like I pointed out earlier he has been asked to carry the offensive load for his teams, not here in Atlanta. He is just a piece that would give us a low post option. We all know why Josh is inefficient - long 2's, if he would shoot from Jefferson's distance he would be better served.

Exactly so to sum this up Jefferson being here would be for an offensive low post option who can rebound the ball and play average defense. The man is 30 by next year....nobody is going to give him a fat contract. We get him for 2 years as well add other pieces and see what works

Why do you say stuff like this? Neither Smith nor Horford can do the things that Jefferson can do down on the block. If Jefferson is a "has been", then Horofrd and Smith are flat out bums. He did this a few days after his grandmother died. There will be no easy fast break points in this clip. Every basket is within the half court offense. http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SV1R5LWJSI Plus he hung 28 points - 17 rebounds against us in that 4 OT game we played against them. Al Jefferson would be an easy All-Star pick for center in the East.

1.)Horford can do most of that with alot more athleticism. I can remember two spectacular games against the Bulls and the Pacers that was alot more exciting!! (I almost fell asleep on a five minute clip) 2.)That was against the Pistons and a Rookie that's not too known for his defense. 3.)Where is the defense? Does it look like we're trying to create a half court team? 4.)Jefferson doesn't fit our team as constructed and we definitely should not reconstruct our team for Jefferson. It'll be four players running trying to make the quick play or us not using our speed advantage and walking the ball up to wait for Jefferson. Gives good defenses a perfect chance to be set by the time we all get up the court.

Jefferson should be the target. We will not get D12

I know Ferry is new to us but he does not seem like the type of person to get a player just to have a player. He is very selective with his team building and Al Jefferson does not fit the build.