• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Damion James

AnthonyI11

PG: Teague/Harris/WilliamsSG: Harris/Williams/JenkinsSF: Starter/James-Anderson/SmithPF: Smith/Horford/JohnsonC: Horford/Zaza/PetroThat right there is a better team than last year and doesn't even include Morrow, Korver, Scott, Stevenson, and the rest. Who/how many of those get traded for the starting SF is anybody's guess. Not to mention a better center than Petro possibly coming onboard. Remind me how we're going backwards?

Edited by hazer

PG: Teague/Harris/Williams SG: Harris/Williams/Jenkins SF: Starter/James-Anderson/Smith PF: Smith/Horford/Johnson C: Horford/Zaza/Petro That right there is a better team than last year and doesn't even include Morrow, Korver, Scott, Stevenson, and the rest. Who/how many of those get traded for the starting SF is anybody's guess. Not to mention a better center than Petro possibly coming onboard. Remind me how we're going backwards?

You'll see...

You'll see...

Backup PGs: Harris + Williams > Pargo + Hinrich Backup SGs: Williams + Jenkins > Hinrich + Green Backup SFs: James/Anderson + Smith > McGrady + Radmonavic Backup C: Petro > Collins + Dampier

You'll see...

When your 3rd string PG is Lou Williams, your 3rd string SG is John Jenkins, your 3rd string SF is Josh Smith, your 3rd string PF is Ivan Johnson, and your 3rd string C is Johan Petro, you're in pretty damn good shape.

Backup PGs: Harris + Williams > Pargo + Hinrich

Backup SGs: Williams + Jenkins > Hinrich + Green

Backup SFs: James/Anderson + Smith > McGrady + Radmonavic

Backup C: Petro > Collins + Dampier

PG : Teague/Hinrich/Pargo VS Teague/Harris/Williams

I would say it's pretty even. Harris and Williams are better offensive players, but can't defend anyone. Do you remember when Iguodala said last year :

“Like Lou Williams. He’s one of the toughest guys to guard in the league, but he can’t guard anybody. I don’t get that.”

As much as I didn't like Hinrich, we always played good defense. Pargo had a good year and was one of the most efficient player in spot up situations.

SG : Joe Johnson/Willie Green/Hinrich/Stackhouse VS Harris/Williams/Jenkins/Morrrow/Stevenson

Nothing to debate there...

SF : Marvin/Joe/TMac VS Korver/James/Anderson

In my opinion, it's not even close. Marvin was hated here, but he was at least a starting caliber small forward, who could defend, rebound and spot up well. Tmac was able to play point forward and had some nice moments. Let's hope Ferry will trade to find a starter, because right now it's weak.

PF : same players

C : Horford+ Zaza+ Collins VS Horford+Zaza+Petro

It doesn't really matter but Collins is much more valuable than Petro.

Edited by CWebb

It doesn't really matter but Collins is much more valuable than Petro.

Wish you would've led with this line so I could've just skipped the rest of your post Posted Image

Petro last year: 11-12 NJN 59 10 15.6 0.419 1.000 0.838 1.2 2.6 3.8 0.8 0.4 0.4 0.6 2.1 4.2

Collins last year: 11-12 ATL 30 10 10.3 0.400 0.000 0.467 0.4 1.2 1.6 0.3 0.1 0.1 0.3 1.1 1.3

The numbers ain't even close, other than both are 7'0" 250ish. Collins is 33, Petro is 26. Petro shot free throws at an 84% clip, Collins at 47%. Petro averaged 4 PPG and 4 RBs in 15 mins, Collins 1 PPG and not even 2 RBs in 10 mins. Petro moves fairly well, Collins don't move. Yup, much more valuable...

I don't care about those numbers. When I'm home, I will post MUCH more interesting ones

Of course you don't, those numbers disprove your closing and most emphatic statements Posted Image

• Moderators

C : Horford+ Zaza+ Collins VS Horford+Zaza+Petro It doesn't really matter but Collins is much more valuable than Petro.

What matters most to me on a year over year comparison is the fact that next year's team will hopefully have a full season of Horford and last year's team was running Zaza + Collins for most of the season. Petro vs. Collins is small potatoes compared to the return of Horford.

Of course you don't, those numbers disprove your closing and most emphatic statements Posted Image

It started by : "It doesn't really matter"...

Petro ranks 336 in the nba in ppp on the offensive end, 361 on defense.

Collins : 444 and 75.

Your numbers showed several things:

1/ Petro is a better scorer and rebounder than Collins. That's not very difficult though...ans he's still very weak

2/ Petro shot and played more than Jason.

Collins has been in this league for a long time. The only reason for that is his defensive efficiency. Petro can't do anything at the highest level.

• Premium Member

I find it bizarre how much the Hawks have imitated some of my NBA 2k trades. I had a season where I made a deal to get Deron from the Nets and had to use Damion as my starting SF that season.I like the signing, he's been a quality player when healthy and if all we ask of him is to hustle and play D he'll be fine.