• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would be our rotation

gurpilo

Now that Ivan has resigned, what would be our rotation?I would like to see something like thisTeague (30) Harris (18)Williams (28) Jenkins (20)Smith (25) Korver (13) D.James (10)Horford (25) Smith (10) I. Johnson (8) Scott (5)Zaza (25) Horford (10) I.Johnson (8) Petro (5)I don't see players like Stevenson or J. Williams or even Morrow or J. Anderson getting minutes I would like to develop Jenkins

Damion James was starting ahead of Stevenson at Nets, he destroyed him productionwise, I don't think there is a chance he starts at SF, he is only 6'5" he would be destroyed at SF for any SF on the league. He is just a expiring contract waiting for a trade.About Morrow I think he and Jenkins are redundant, I think Jenkins is going to get the minutes

Teague (32) Harris (16)Jenkins (16) Williams (32)James (24) Smith (12) Korver (12)Horford (16) Smith (24) I. Johnson (8)Zaza (28) Horford (20)I think this rotation puts our most talented players at their primary positions of strength for the appropriate number of minutes - while also allowing for Jenkin's development (without risking wins).This rotation likely reflects the end-of-the-year averages. We could begin the season with Morrow or Harris starting at shooting guard with Jenkins watching or playing spot minutes until he is better prepared. If we determine we're definitely not pursuing Harris or Morrow for next year (likely with Morrow, not sure about Harris), then their minutes would dwindle as the season progresses (assuming Jenkin's emerging role/minutes aren't costing us wins). Of course, Ferry may decide seeding isn't that important as long as we make the play-offs (since we're not winning the championship this year) and he invests more in development minutes with Jenkins during the year. Again, I think this rotation allows the team to develop, win, and entertain. Those on the team not shown above simply get minutes if/when someone is hurt, foul trouble, or blow-out games. And this does not account for any trades pre-season or prior to Feb. trade deadline.

Teague (32) Harris (16) Jenkins (16) Williams (32) James (24) Smith (12) Korver (12) Horford (16) Smith (24) I. Johnson (8) Zaza (28) Horford (20) I think this rotation puts our most talented players at their primary positions of strength for the appropriate number of minutes - while also allowing for Jenkin's development (without risking wins). This rotation likely reflects the end-of-the-year averages. We could begin the season with Morrow or Harris starting at shooting guard with Jenkins watching or playing spot minutes until he is better prepared. If we determine we're definitely not pursuing Harris or Morrow for next year (likely with Morrow, not sure about Harris), then their minutes would dwindle as the season progresses (assuming Jenkin's emerging role/minutes aren't costing us wins). Of course, Ferry may decide seeding isn't that important as long as we make the play-offs (since we're not winning the championship this year) and he invests more in development minutes with Jenkins during the year. Again, I think this rotation allows the team to develop, win, and entertain. Those on the team not shown above simply get minutes if/when someone is hurt, foul trouble, or blow-out games. And this does not account for any trades pre-season or prior to Feb. trade deadline.

Wow . . . so a guy who was picked up off the street and has only played in 32 games as a pro, becomes the STARTER in ATL. That's not good folks. I'm against starting Smith at SF, but we may have no choice. And Lou Williams is 6 - 1. So we can't start 6 - 2 Teague and 6 - 1 Williams to begin games. Even Steph Curry and Monta Ellis in Golden St in previous years were both 6 - 3. It would be unfair to ask either Teague or Williams to start out a game guarding Dwyane Wade or Joe Johnson to start the game. Jenkins is bigger than all of them, and probably should start the game at the 2. At least by doing that, we can ease him in and see what he can do with better players around him, than to force him to possibly be a scorer on the 2nd unit. Teague ( 32 ) - Harris ( 8 ) - Williams ( 8 ) Jenkins ( 16 ) - Williams ( 20 ) - Harris ( 12 ) Smith ( 20 ) - Korver ( 16 ) - Morrow ( 12 ) Horford ( 18 ) - Smith ( 16 ) - Ivan ( 14 ) Zaza ( 26 ) - Horford ( 18 ) - Petro/Williams ( 4 ) And even that rotation can be significantly cut down, with us simply going with 9 guys. But I'd rather try to see if Jenkins can give us something right out of the gate, and give us a little size at the 2 spot, than to throw 2 PGs out there to start games. Save the 2 PG look for the end of games, or when we need them to exploit matchups.

• Moderators

Here's my warped calculus:J. Teague (30), D. Harris (15), L. Williams (3)D. Harris (10), L. Williams (20), J. Jenkins (10), A. Morrow (3), K. Korver (3), D. Stevenson (2)K. Korver (15), A. Morrow (17), D. Stevenson (8), J. Anderson or D. James (5), J. Smith (5)J. Smith (30), A. Horford (8), I. Johnson (7), J, Williams (3)A. Horford (25), Z. Pachulia (20), J. Petro (3)~lw3

Here's my warped calculus: J. Teague (30), D. Harris (15), L. Williams (3) D. Harris (10), L. Williams (20), J. Jenkins (10), A. Morrow (3), K. Korver (3), D. Stevenson (2) K. Korver (15), A. Morrow (17), D. Stevenson (8), J. Anderson or D. James (5), J. Smith (5) J. Smith (30), A. Horford (8), I. Johnson (7), J, Williams (3) A. Horford (25), Z. Pachulia (20), J. Petro (3) ~lw3

Haha. I would love to see Drew handle that type of rotation. He would have to sub someone out the game every 2 - 3 minutes
  • Like 2

It will suck balls....Tank.

Firstly, this team is stacked. The Hawks could easily achieve the 2nd seed in the east this year. Secondly, have you not learned that tanking gets your team no where? Prime example Bobcats, they still didn't get the most skilled player in the draft. But who knows maybe brow brow will be a bust.

• Admin

Firstly, this team is stacked. The Hawks could easily achieve the 2nd seed in the east this year. Secondly, have you not learned that tanking gets your team no where? Prime example Bobcats, they still didn't get the most skilled player in the draft. But who knows maybe brow brow will be a bust.

The team is going to struggle to get to the playoffs but they will probably get the last spot.

• Moderators

Here's my warped calculus: J. Teague (30), D. Harris (15), L. Williams (3) D. Harris (10), L. Williams (20), J. Jenkins (10), A. Morrow (3), K. Korver (3), D. Stevenson (2) K. Korver (15), A. Morrow (17), D. Stevenson (8), J. Anderson or D. James (5), J. Smith (5) J. Smith (30), A. Horford (8), I. Johnson (7), J, Williams (3) A. Horford (25), Z. Pachulia (20), J. Petro (3) ~lw3

Minor tweak/correction (remove J-Will, too many SF minutes), for the heck of it: J. Teague (30), D. Harris (15), L. Williams (3) D. Harris (10), L. Williams (20), J. Jenkins (10), A. Morrow (3), K. Korver (3), D. Stevenson (2) K. Korver (15), A. Morrow (17), D. Stevenson (8), J. Smith (5), J. Anderson or D. James (3) J. Smith (30), A. Horford (10), I. Johnson (8) A. Horford (25), Z. Pachulia (20), J. Petro (3) ~lw3

Guys the Hawks will easily get a top 4 seed in the east. There isn't much competition. Miami, Boston, Brooklyn. Honestly I think the Hawks are a much better team than Boston this year. Losing Ray Allen is a huge loss to their team. Though we lost Joe, we have some really good players. Heck our 2nd team bench players could possibly start elsewhere in the leage. Don't underestimate this team, plus knowing Ferry he will make a substantial trade before the beginning of the season to make this team even better. I have faith in Horford and Smoove to carry the team this season. They are very capable.