• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NFL tweets related to Seahawks - Packers game

Admin

This is some funny ish!

Don Banks - NFL is doing 'an admirable job' of screwing up a good thing. Ending of this game was straight out of a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial. Brian Hartline - I had to check my TV Guide bc for a sec I thought I was watching Punk'd... I was just waiting for Ashton to pop out... Smdh Zuldak - Russell Wilson became the first QB in history to throw a game-winning interception

• Moderators

Game winning interception. That's hilarious.What i don't understand is isn't it regular nfl rules guys acting as replay officials? How you can get that one wrong on replay i don't know. Just because you put your hands on a ball that someone else has doesn't mean you have possession. I don't see how anyone watched that and ruled it a catch.

• Moderators

After looking over the highlight, I don't have a problem with them calling TD. Every scoring play is reviewed, so calling it a TD guarantees that it gets a second look. It's just that the replay official didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn the call. It definitely was an interception and GB got screwed, but I don't have a problem with the call.

Zuldak - Russell Wilson became the first QB in history to throw a game-winning interception

lol

• Moderators

After looking over the highlight, I don't have a problem with them calling TD. Every scoring play is reviewed, so calling it a TD guarantees that it gets a second look. It's just that the replay official didn't see conclusive evidence to overturn the call. It definitely was an interception and GB got screwed, but I don't have a problem with the call. lol

I definitely suspect 67,000 screaming "12th Men" and "12th Women" in the stands above them on the final play of the game led the first ref to go with that TD "hunch." ~lw3

After looking over the highlight, I don't have a problem with them calling TD. Every scoring play is reviewed, so calling it a TD guarantees that it gets a second look.

Being inside of 2 minutes remaining in the game also guarantees that. It looked like there was one ref signaling TD while the other was about to call incomplete or interception (not sure). Either way, on the field there were differing rulings and it did not seem like they communicated. I am not so sure the "real refs" would not have made this same mistake. Hard to tell, but every play is disected much more these days and you have the players/coaches not respecting the refs. Lots of substitute teacher behaviour from the league. Goodell is really screwing the pooch with this one though. Initially, I was under the impression that this was the referees striking because they were demanding an increase in pensions. I was mistaken, this is the NFL locking out the referees because they want them to take a cut in their pensions.

• Moderators

I am not so sure the "real refs" would not have made this same mistake. Hard to tell, but every play is disected much more these days and you have the players/coaches not respecting the refs. Lots of substitute teacher behaviour from the league.

ESPN only dissected this play so much because its A) the Packers and B) it was on MNF. If it happened during the Jags/Colts game, no one would have cared and I like having refs that aren't friends with the coaches/players. It's nice to see a somewhat level playing field.

Goodell is really screwing the pooch with this one though. Initially, I was under the impression that this was the referees striking because they were demanding an increase in pensions. I was mistaken, this is the NFL locking out the referees because they want them to take a cut in their pensions.

Honestly, I think Goodell wants to make the refs employees of the NFL and not apart of a union. If he could that to the player, I guarantee he would.

• Moderators

Another thing is Goodell and the rest of the NFL figures that this time next year, no one will even remember the referee lockout or this play. This to shall pass... With time, the replacement refs will get better and might even become the full-time unit.

That's possible but its also possible Green Bay misses the playoffs by one game and trust me they will remember. Its one thing to lose on a bad call but another to lose on a call that the league says was the wrong call. The league basically said that the Packers should have one the game but the refs screwed up the call. That's tough to swallow in a 16 game season.

• Moderators

Goodell is really screwing the pooch with this one though. Initially, I was under the impression that this was the referees striking because they were demanding an increase in pensions. I was mistaken, this is the NFL locking out the referees because they want them to take a cut in their pensions.

The refs were all part-time employees, free to hold other jobs. The NFL decided that the part-timers shouldn't have better coverage than the full-timers. I thought the end solution was reasonable - a gradual phase out of the defined benefit pension plans. Defined benefit plans are dinosaurs that destroy companies. I don't blame the NFL for wanting to move to a defined contribution plan.