• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The New Chipper

lethalweapon3

Who is the New "Chipper"?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Matt Ryan if the falcons can do anything in the playoffs this year

Yeah I also agree that it would be hey ward for the braves

• Moderators

Braves? This whole time I thought they were the Barves. http://www.11alive.c...-atlanta-barves

I'm not getting the joke. Can someone explain it to me? Also, not understanding why these guys are surprised that the Braves and MLB are shutting them down as they try to make money off of someone elses brand and trademark.

• Moderators

I'm not getting the joke. Can someone explain it to me?

11alive's web link talks about someone selling "Barves" merchandise to avoid copyright laws (unsuccessfully). Edited by AHF

No I love baseball it's just that quarterbacks damn near trump everything in sports...they mean more to their respective sports than anyone else. I agree that Jason may be the most talented but his impact on the game or the city won't ever be as big as Ryan's can be

• Like 1

I agree with what you are saying. Maybe, I just read the question a bit wrong. I was just saying I think Heyward and Freeman have the most upside. But I agree with you about Ryan could be the most popular athlete in Atlanta, although the Braves have one of the biggest fan bases in the country. I

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

But I think Heyward will be in ATL the longest. Chipper stayed here in whole career.

I think Heyward is the real deal too. I hope he is here a long time. Defense, Offense, Speed. Heyward, Prado, Freeman, Simmons. That's a core that you can really build around.

Yup. I thought the question was asking who would be the next Chipper; meaning who would be the guy to be very good and stay with ATlanta for the longest. Simple enough, I think Heyward hands down. He has so much upside, he's from Georgia, and I think we won't let him leave.But if you're talking about popularity, then Matt Ryan could def be that guy. Look at Vick for an example.

Edited by AHawks89

I went with Julio. Ryan will never satisfy the Vick-o-phants who take every opportunity they can to deride Ryan. Julio is a special talent that can unite the pro-Ryan and anti-Ryan sides. While Chipper was greatly admired by a big segment of the Atlanta fan base, he was no where near THE guy that Vick was. Football is simply more popular in Atlanta than any other sport. I actually like MLB the best of the pro sports. In terms of the next guy for the Braves, Jason might be a good choice. I actually like Simmons as well. That kid has some talent.