• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simmons previewing Eastern Conference (Hawks first on deck)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Joe House joins Bill Simmons to evaluate the NBA's Eastern Conference in Part 1 of the two-part NBA over/under podcast:http://c.espnradio.com/audio/1221120/bsreport_2012-10-24-133420.48.mp3

• Moderators

Analysts keep saying we are a top seed in the East. Hollinger has us as second seed, they had us as third. Surprises me cause I thought sixth was realistic, with Boston, Indiana, Philly, and Brooklyn ahead off us. Starting to think that maybe 2-4 seed isn't that far off...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Analysts keep saying we are a top seed in the East. Hollinger has us as second seed, they had us as third. Surprises me cause I thought sixth was realistic, with Boston, Indiana, Philly, and Brooklyn ahead off us. Starting to think that maybe 2-4 seed isn't that far off...

Indiana and Philly are good on paper. Take Philly. Their most talented player has a history of being one of the laziest players. They will either take on Doug Colin's "chop wood" attitude or take on Bynum's "oh well" attitude. I say all that to say the only thing guaranteed in the East is the Miami Lebrons. Every other team has some major question marks. Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

I'm confused, last season a whole bunch of these 'experts' picked us to not make the playoff - now this year we are getting so much love......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Don't get me wrong, I like the love but I also thought they were wrong last season with their predictions

• Moderators

I agree with you, JayBird. We are getting overhyped right now. We are one of a number of teams with some big question marks. We should be slotted for the 4-8 seed range - not the 2/3 seed range.

While I wouldn't be surprised if we're not as good as some like Simmons and House are projecting, I think it says a lot about the moves we made to replace Joe's fading production along with the fact that Horford was out basically all of last year. Horford is viewed as a very good player. Morrow and Lou Williams are more than going to make up for Joe's production. Our defense won't be quite as good but our offensive upgrades will help with that. The big question mark to me is if Teague can take control of the team.